GDT: JACKRABBITS 10-0 VS BISON 9-3 SCHEELS CENTER 5PM MIDCO/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Wonder where that guy is that was complaining about Tylee a few years ago? Epic Performance. And she hit the 1,000 career points mark.
    I don't know or care if you were referring to me? But I wasn't a big fan of Tylee. She cost us the Oregon game at Frost. However, she has made great strides in her game since then and is a excellent player.

Comment

Yeah over the years people havent been kind to tylee i think mainly her scoring inconsistently. Even this year what she does is impactful even if not scoring. Imho probably if not the best defensive player ee hsve had at sdsu. She is athletic and her conditioning is amazing. Doesnt look gassed at all when other players need a break. Plus playing along side macy and maddi she probably didnt have as natural of a fit on the court as others had. I for one am happy she is a jack.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
        Wonder where that guy is that was complaining about Tylee a few years ago? Epic Performance. And she hit the 1,000 career points mark.
        Well, to be fair you did a nice job of cherry picking the best performance of her career. Where was this smugness after the Oral Roberts series 2 weeks ago?

That being said, Tylee has really upped her offensive ability and comfort within the offense. She found a good niche and really filled that role. It was really impressive to me how she took the reigns against NDSU and showed the senior leadership after Myah/Tori went down. Basically redefined her role in the offense overnight and came through. That was an amazing weekend and I hope of POTW award is waiting for her. Now was this just a "playing back in ND" type thing or can she play at a similar level moving forward? If Tori and Myah are out for the year, we will need to her and Paiton to step up their offensive production (as long as getting more contribution from another player) to make up the difference.

Assuming Myah/Tori are out for an extended period (which seems like a very safe assumption) it will be interesting to see given a week to prepare what AJ comes up with for a rotation. The LT/HG guard duo really was unimpressive. Would like to see SS/MV rotating at the 2 guard since they are at least capable of making open 3's. MV continues to shoot the ball extremely well, so would love to see her get a chance to get even more comfortable becoming more of a penetrator/post up type player rather than purely just a spot up shooter. Was also very impressed by Byom on the defensive end so I'm hoping to see more of her and see if she can develop a bit more offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Well, to be fair you did a nice job of cherry picking the best performance of her career. Where was this smugness after the Oral Roberts series 2 weeks ago?

That being said, Tylee has really upped her offensive ability and comfort within the offense. She found a good niche and really filled that role. It was really impressive to me how she took the reigns against NDSU and showed the senior leadership after Myah/Tori went down. Basically redefined her role in the offense overnight and came through. That was an amazing weekend and I hope of POTW award is waiting for her. Now was this just a "playing back in ND" type thing or can she play at a similar level moving forward? If Tori and Myah are out for the year, we will need to her and Paiton to step up their offensive production (as long as getting more contribution from another player) to make up the difference.

Assuming Myah/Tori are out for an extended period (which seems like a very safe assumption) it will be interesting to see given a week to prepare what AJ comes up with for a rotation. The LT/HG guard duo really was unimpressive. Would like to see SS/MV rotating at the 2 guard since they are at least capable of making open 3's. MV continues to shoot the ball extremely well, so would love to see her get a chance to get even more comfortable becoming more of a penetrator/post up type player rather than purely just a spot up shooter. Was also very impressed by Byom on the defensive end so I'm hoping to see more of her and see if she can develop a bit more offensively.
          Irwin has done an outstanding job of playing her role within this system since day 1. She hasn't been the player that's been looked at to lead the team in scoring, she's been in the shadows behind Macy and Madi and now Myah and Paiton. Was last weekend on the offensive end an aberration? Only time will tell, but Tylee has been an incredibly valuable piece to this program for 4 years now. Most of what she does isn't in the stat book so it's easy to criticize, but even without last weekend she was going to reach 1000 career points. That's pretty impressive for a player that has played "behind" several Jackrabbit legends.

Anyone have any news about Tori and Myah?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Irwin has done an outstanding job of playing her role within this system since day 1. She hasn't been the player that's been looked at to lead the team in scoring, she's been in the shadows behind Macy and Madi and now Myah and Paiton. Was last weekend on the offensive end an aberration? Only time will tell, but Tylee has been an incredibly valuable piece to this program for 4 years now. Most of what she does isn't in the stat book so it's easy to criticize, but even without last weekend she was going to reach 1000 career points. That's pretty impressive for a player that has played "behind" several Jackrabbit legends.

I never said that Tylee hasn't been a good player, but she has had issues with missed layups in her career which someone could be critical of. I've seen her as likely our best defensive player for a number of years who does do a lot that doesn't show up in the stat sheet. But just pointed out someone cherry picking a career night to call out another poster for something I assumed was said a couple of years ago when a week prior one could argue that missed wide open layups could have cost us a game (and run contrary to his narrative). I'm pretty sure we could all be called out for something we've said based on a singular performance that runs contrary to that. This is a message board and people post their opinions. I don't like seeing us attack players individually but people are entitled to their opinion and shockingly that can change over time. I know I've gotten irritated with missed wide open layups while at the same time cheered a great pass/steal, etc. The nature of a message board.

As for Tori and Myah I assume we won't know until later this week at the earliest. Will likely require MRI's to rule out internal derangement of the knee and that may not even be able to be done in the next couple of weeks depending on the level of swelling in the knee.

Comment

Irwins got a brutal mid range game. Really gets nice lift on that jump shot which was very accurate this last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
                Irwins got a brutal mid range game. Really gets nice lift on that jump shot which was very accurate this last weekend.
                Yes she has and loved it when the announcers mentioned that her hometown was Wapheton ND.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Should get an injury update on the coaches show at 7:00.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

She got the "POTW" honor, she deserved it!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Should get an injury update on the coaches show at 7:00.
                      Nothing definite from AJ. Says both are out for the KC games, but want more info before they say anything beyond that. They are different injuries, but nothing more than that.

Comment

multiple thoughts here, not necessarily in any order or priority. plenty has been said about tylee recently. she has been a very very valuable player basically from day one. she has never scored consistently, until this year. this year basically every facet of her offensive game has been improved, with the exception of the ORU games, but at least in my mind there has ALWAYS appeared to be a LOT of offensive potential. obviously she could post up smaller guards basically every game, much like Macy did throughout her career. she has always appeared to be able to get in the lane very very regularly but has struggled with her midrange shot consistency until this year. i guess the thought is, is there something different to be done? she obviously was able to score in high school. it takes more than some luck or a soft schedule to put up over 2100 points in high school. it is really really hard to criticize AJ and that is not really my point at all. i would never come here and be overly critical of our players or coaches. i love the way players come to this program and learn to be part of a team and to play a role, but i really think the one consistent weakness, is the inability to consistently have good shooters. i love this program and they obviously have given us a LOT to be proud of for a long long time and as a coach i am 100% behind humility and the team approach!!!!!! but shooters need to have a certain mentality, the gunslinger, the bravado, call it what you will. and i think we have really struggled to balance a player with that mentality and our very team oriented approach. one of my all time most favorite athletes is larry bird. he had both. he was beloved by his teammates and played a team first game and i think more than anything else took satisfaction in passing and creating opportunities for his teammates, but he DEFINITELY had the bravado. like asking all the other contestants at the 3 pt contest which one of you is getting second place. ANYWAY, my guess is that is what we have seen with tylee. she is a great kid she came in wanted to be a great teammate and play her role, but until all the other scorers were gone, basically she was never really able to let the full gunslinger off the leash. she never was able to really embrace the scoring machine mojo that she had in high school. i venture the same thing with LT who scored over 3100 pts in HS. that is ridiculously hard!!!!! the mojo is in there somewhere!! again this staff and program has done almost everything about as well as ANYONE could EVER hope for!!!! but that is the one thing we consistently have difficulty with. i will leave it at that for now. this is NOT perfectly explained but i guess at least some of you catch the drift. if i try to make my thought perfectly clear it will make this even longer. so i will just respond to the responses, if any, and leave the other thought for another post.

Comment

(Paragraphs are your friends!)
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            (Paragraphs are your friends!)
                            I resisted copy and pasting that, and actually writing it in paragraph form!

Comment

multiple thoughts here, not necessarily in any order or priority. plenty has been said about tylee recently. she has been a very very valuable player basically from day one. she has never scored consistently, until this year. this year basically every facet of her offensive game has been improved, with the exception of the ORU games, but at least in my mind there has ALWAYS appeared to be a LOT of offensive potential. obviously she could post up smaller guards basically every game, much like Macy did throughout her career. she has always appeared to be able to get in the lane very very regularly but has struggled with her midrange shot consistency until this year.

i guess the thought is, is there something different to be done? she obviously was able to score in high school. it takes more than some luck or a soft schedule to put up over 2100 points in high school. it is really really hard to criticize AJ and that is not really my point at all. i would never come here and be overly critical of our players or coaches. i love the way players come to this program and learn to be part of a team and to play a role, but i really think the one consistent weakness, is the inability to consistently have good shooters.

i love this program and they obviously have given us a LOT to be proud of for a long long time and as a coach i am 100% behind humility and the team approach!!!!!! but shooters need to have a certain mentality, the gunslinger, the bravado, call it what you will. and i think we have really struggled to balance a player with that mentality and our very team oriented approach. one of my all time most favorite athletes is larry bird. he had both. he was beloved by his teammates and played a team first game and i think more than anything else took satisfaction in passing and creating opportunities for his teammates, but he DEFINITELY had the bravado. like asking all the other contestants at the 3 pt contest which one of you is getting second place.

ANYWAY, my guess is that is what we have seen with tylee. she is a great kid she came in wanted to be a great teammate and play her role, but until all the other scorers were gone, basically she was never really able to let the full gunslinger off the leash. she never was able to really embrace the scoring machine mojo that she had in high school. i venture the same thing with LT who scored over 3100 pts in HS. that is ridiculously hard!!!!! the mojo is in there somewhere!!

again this staff and program has done almost everything about as well as ANYONE could EVER hope for!!!! but that is the one thing we consistently have difficulty with. i will leave it at that for now. this is NOT perfectly explained but i guess at least some of you catch the drift. if i try to make my thought perfectly clear it will make this even longer.

better?)) perhaps now you have some comments related to the content, as opposed to what a giant knucklehead i am) i already knew that)

Comment

Working...
                              X