No announcement yet.

GDT: JACKRABBITS 10-0 VS BISON 9-3 SCHEELS CENTER 5PM MIDCO/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The leadership of Burckhard and Irwin in this game is incredible. Never easy to see one let alone two teammates go down in a game and to still get a win.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

She’s still not back up to full speed after coming back from injury. I actually think Byom could give us more minutes in these situations.
      Byom's defense isn't there yet. She is late on help and fouls too much right now.

That huge block is why Thiesen is on the floor.

Comment

Good gritty win. NDSU likes to muddy it up, a touch dirty at times.

Nice to stick to arrogant Collins another time.

Comment

Huge credit to all the SDSU players remaining on the court after the Selland injury. It would be real hard to stay focused, not to mention hang in there for a win with a massive chunk of talent on the bench.

Hoping for some good news tomorrow. The amount of knee injuries in the women’s game is depressing.

Comment

Hope for the best.

Comment

For the medical guys around here. The way the trainer was stretching Myah. Is that a good sign like maybe just a sprain?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                For the medical guys around here. The way the trainer was stretching Myah. Is that a good sign like maybe just a sprain?
                I’ll preface this by saying I didn’t see either injury, but if you have a feeling there’s structural damage you wouldn’t be doing any stretching so yes that would be a good sign. The caveat to that is this: an acute knee injury can be hard to get accurate tests on because the hamstrings and quads often tighten up to protect/guard the joint, so can give you false negative tests, which can cover up an ACL injury. When game adrenaline wears off and the muscles relax you’ll get a more accurate test result. They won’t announce anything until they get MRIs done.

Comment

Just a tremendous exhibition of composure, grit, and determination by everyone, this is when the team says we're not going to lose this now, no way. The whole team can have great pride in their teammates for digging in their heels and not giving up when things weren't looking the best. Great admiration for the whole team on this one. Paiton and Tylee led the way when the chips are down being the warriors they are, but it was a team effort too. Congrats on a great win ladies!!

Comment

Might be limited or no action for Myah and Tori for tomorrow's game (hypothetical)? Why take chances, and will be a great opportunity for the rest of the team to repeat such a great performance this game was. Will be hard, no doubt, but possible once again. We need both Myah and Tori for the big games we hopefully have coming up. It will be interesting to see how it will all turn out. Hoping for the best, fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by trackrabbit View Post

I’ll preface this by saying I didn’t see either injury, but if you have a feeling there’s structural damage you wouldn’t be doing any stretching so yes that would be a good sign. The caveat to that is this: an acute knee injury can be hard to get accurate tests on because the hamstrings and quads often tighten up to protect/guard the joint, so can give you false negative tests, which can cover up an ACL injury. When game adrenaline wears off and the muscles relax you’ll get a more accurate test result. They won’t announce anything until they get MRIs done.
                      And you would think that there is no way that Nelson would have come back in the game if they thought there was any chance of any structural damage.

Comment

The injuries for the women put a damper on a really awesome night for Rabbit athletics.

Comment

The women. Won. The men won and football won. But sadly domt feel great. The injuries really put a damper on it.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I really hope this isn’t a “win the battle, lose the war” scenario with these injuries.

Comment

Just tired of playing ndsu and players getting knee injuries. Its like a curse. Gibbs, now 2 in the womens game.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

yeah this would have been about as great a day to be a rabbit fan, outside tourney time, as i can ever remember, if not for the dark cloud of injuries. sucks to see any of these kids get hurt, knowing how hard they work to be out on the floor or the field, so definitely hoping for the best!! long time coaching football and bball and seen lots of injuries. it is hard to predict. i have seen what looked terrible result in nothing injury wise and what looked like nothing result in something terrible. too many times i have had a gut feeling based on what my eyes said and been wrong so i have learned not to speculate. i hope and pray for the best!! two excellent young ladies!!!! wonderful job by those remaining to stay focused on the things that they still were able to control and to find a way to finish the job!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X