GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(#23) vs USD Coyotes Game 2 5pm@Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Dawn was a bit shell shocked in her interview. She is fiercely competitive(much like Jory Collins) and she was dwelling on the 4th foul call against Lamb. I will need to watch the rerun to see how bad the call was. She did not have a postgame interview available for Friday night. Lee was a conversive following the loss and following the win he was a good listen as well.
    The foul was around the 4 minute mark in the 3rd. Selland went into lamb and created contact. I would say it should have been a no call. Dawn also should have put lamb in sooner and trust that the senior leader won't pick up her 5th. USD needed a split. An at large birth is not looking good for them this year. I'm curious to see what their NET ranking will be.

Did anyone else find it odd how surprised Newitt was with Burckhard making 3's? She has shown that she can shoot from deep last year during the SLT. It's a great game plan to get Sjerven out of the lane to create more space.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

The foul was around the 4 minute mark in the 3rd. Selland went into lamb and created contact. I would say it should have been a no call. Dawn also should have put lamb in sooner and trust that the senior leader won't pick up her 5th. USD needed a split. An at large birth is not looking good for them this year. I'm curious to see what their NET ranking will be.

Did anyone else find it odd how surprised Newitt was with Burckhard making 3's? She has shown that she can shoot from deep last year during the SLT. It's a great game plan to get Sjerven out of the lane to create more space.
      It was the way to get Sjerven out of the paint. Newitt was having a difficult time with the Jackrabbit success. The 4th foul was a result of Lamb jumping into the arc under the bucket. The offensive player initiating contact results in many fouls to be called. The replay at the 3:53 mark of 3rd quarter gave the slow down version. It is unfortunate for the yotes, but there were fouls both ways that went under the radar. The refs did not seem to be a large influence on the game. They called 35 fouls one day and 39 fouls the next day.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

i am never surprised when Mr Newitt doubts the jacks or questions calls that go in their way. for crying out loud, he did not think it should have been called on friday night, when sjervin hip checked/ forearm shivered myah across the lane, after previously giving her a forearm to the throat. but there is really not any media member who acts much differently. the supposed SDSU reporter for the argus would rather cover augustana, and therefore unsurprisingly is unable to keep his anti jacks bias completely hidden. this week he said that USD is the much deeper WBB squad. that was totally proven wrong in the last 2 days but it was pretty obvious all year. i think you could make a strong argument that USD has the stronger first 5, and they probably have more scoring off the bench, but the jacks get solid contribution from at least 10, i would say really 11 players. and even farrand has give some good minutes this year, making 12.

Comment

The NET rankings are a dumpster fire. Updated after the two games this weekend, USD is #34 and the Jacks are 36. USD's "best" win is Bradley, who is in the 90's in both NET and RPI, while the Jacks have three wins against top 30 teams. Of USD's 9 wins, 8 are against Quadrant 4 teams with the other being a Quadrant 2. The Jacks have three Quadrant 1 wins, 5 Q.2 and three Q.3 wins. USD must be getting a great deal of credit for their South Carolina loss, and for their margin of victory in their wins. The updated RPI's have the Jacks at 31 and USD at 65, which may be a little tough for the Yotes, but is certainly closer to reality than the NET.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

It was the way to get Sjerven out of the paint. Newitt was having a difficult time with the Jackrabbit success. The 4th foul was a result of Lamb jumping into the arc under the bucket. The offensive player initiating contact results in many fouls to be called. The replay at the 3:53 mark of 3rd quarter gave the slow down version. It is unfortunate for the yotes, but there were fouls both ways that went under the radar. The refs did not seem to be a large influence on the game. They called 35 fouls one day and 39 fouls the next day.
            It was just an unfortunate call against Lamb who was having a great game. There's no doubt that she was inside the arc. I don't think the small contact affected Sellands layup. I'm glad Selland figured out how not to put herself into those situations. It seemed earlier this season she was always in foul trouble.

I wonder what is up with Macy Guebert. Seems like she can't get any run on the court. I thought she was a good get for the yotes. Taking time for her to develop?

Comment

It was just an unfortunate call against Lamb who was having a great game. There's no doubt that she was inside the arc. I don't think the small contact affected Sellands layup. I'm glad Selland figured out how not to put herself into those situations. It seemed earlier this season she was always in foul trouble.

I wonder what is up with Macy Guebert. Seems like she can't get any run on the court. I thought she was a good get for the yotes. Taking time for her to develop?
              I could go to 3 fouls that were called on the SDSU defense in the 3rd quarter involving Lamb. They were all a bit light at best as Lamb was on the dribble. All 3 were against different players-Irwin, Greer, and Selland. The yotes will take the bad with the good on those calls too. Hansen did a respectable job as a sub even though she missed a shot. Normally young players need to bring offense or defense to get play time. Macy must be missing something since Plitzuweit will bring in players. Watson and Arens shorten the rotation with injury.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think it was a "what comes around, goes around" as earlier Lamb did the exact same thing to Sellend, giving Myah a foul. I call it learning what the ref's are calling .

Comment

You can book these two teams in for Tuesday afternoon at the Summit league. Two very good teams and two very fun to watch games.

It feels like the Jacks are the stronger team due to Selland's high level of play and the overall versatility and depth that the Jacks have. Both of the Jacks teams when they play well they win. That said, the women were very fortunate to win two games this weekend.

Just a reminder, we would be wise to remember two years ago when the Jacks upset a dominant USD team on that same court in Sioux Falls led by an unbelievable effort from Macy Miller. We will get USD's best game in Sioux Falls. That's the way it should be.

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X