GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(#23) vs USD Coyotes Game 2 5pm@Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(#23) vs USD Coyotes Game 2 5pm@Frost

Tune into Midco/ESPN3 for the next session of this basketball competition. This showdown game is likely to find a more intense yote team. Helmets may be issued for the interior play today. The yotes had 4 starters with more than 32 minutes of play. 43 minutes were shared by the reserves. The Jackrabbits had Myah with 31 minutes and 78 minutes from the bench. 23-6 bench points was certainly a big part of the outcome. Dawn vs AJ should be an interesting sequel today. The Jackrabbits should be confident as they work for the sweep. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

So a couple of keys from last nights game to look at for tonight’s game IMO.

Does Irwin continue to take Lamb completely out of the game?

Who hits open 3’s for us? Last night Stapleton and Vlastuin were huge. Do they continue tonight or do maybe one of our point guards pull out of their funk?

What adjustments will USD make to get Sjerven better looks? The fact that USD only had 3 scoring threats made it easy for Myah to cheat off her player to help out down low.

Keep USD off the offensive glass.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      So a couple of keys from last nights game to look at for tonight’s game IMO.

Does Irwin continue to take Lamb completely out of the game?

Who hits open 3’s for us? Last night Stapleton and Vlastuin were huge. Do they continue tonight or do maybe one of our point guards pull out of their funk?

What adjustments will USD make to get Sjerven better looks? The fact that USD only had 3 scoring threats made it easy for Myah to cheat off her player to help out down low.

Keep USD off the offensive glass.
      Tori only had 19 minutes last night. She will have fresh legs and she "goes off" on them tonight! Remember, you heard it here first!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

Tori only had 19 minutes last night. She will have fresh legs and she "goes off" on them tonight! Remember, you heard it here first!
        Entire team should be in good shape. The minutes were well spread out last night. Zimmer stated in his interview this week that USD was so much deeper of a team made me question what he has been watching. USD played starters over 32 minutes in a 30 point win against UMKC earlier. He owes the SDSU bench and apology. LOL

Theunick is due for a breakout and hopefully Greer can get back to early season form.

Comment

they shot 21 more shots than we did, we still blew them out, but in game #2 I hope we close in on that some.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            they shot 21 more shots than we did, we still blew them out, but in game #2 I hope we close in on that some.
            USD was a plus 11 in offensive rebounds, which may be the only stat they had an advantage in.

Comment

We’re playing with house money tonight. There shouldn’t be any pressure.

Dawn P is a great coach and I’m sure she’ll have a few changes that cause trouble. It will be fun to see how we handle it. I’d love to see more of that tough SDSU defense frustrating the three USD primary scorers.

Comment

Tighter game tonight, as expected. Krull hit some shots to pull USD ahead before the half. Jacks missed quite a few close looks in the second quarter and USD playing tighter defense tonight.

Comment

Jacks need to attack more inside when Sjerven is sitting.

Comment

Win or lose: Four rivalry games in two days is at least two too many!
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Great comeback win for the Jacks. USD lost their composure at the end. Their last possession down three was a disaster. This gives the Jacks a great shot for an at-large if things don't break right in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Wow! What a game!
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Well, when I asked who was going to step up from the perimeter I guess I should have included Paiton in that list...

Comment

What a comeback! I remember a year ago AJ saying Burckhard was going to be a perimeter shooter and I thought that wouldn’t ever happen but he is right once again. Great composure throughout.

Comment

The comeback was the most impressive part of the 2 game set. Wow.

Now it’s a matter of just taking care of business until Sioux Falls and a trip to the Tourney is wrapped up. That sweep was huge.

Sell and is definitely now a mile ahead in the POY race.

Comment

Working...
                              X