• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arkansas State University Game

54-39 ASU, 7:39 left to play.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Vogel has been non-existant...has Verdagan even played during the second half?
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

ASU has made 16 more free throws than SDSU has . . . that's the difference in the game . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

...that and the FG percentage, especially 3-pt land.

Comment

I didn't expect us to blow them out, but I certainly didn't expect a performance like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea
              I didn't expect us to blow them out, but I certainly didn't expect a performance like this one.
              It just goes to show how difficult it is to keep that intensity and focus up game-in and game-out. I'm sure the travel problems had an effect, as well as a bit of a let-down after what was really a pretty good Bahamas trip.

Plus, Arkansas State isn't a bad team, either.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

YOu guys are worse then Imming at giving score updates I don't have the game on so can someone post a score update. Thanks.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Seriously, Imming gives scores at least once a half hour, we're over 40 minutes since the last score I see posted. Is the game over?

Comment

"Screw you guys, I'm going home" - Eric Cartman

Comment

I would appreciate a score update. Looks like you all pissed Cartmen off. :P

Comment

Sorry, we were too depressed.

67-52 ASU, final.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Darn.

AJ, has got to be a little upset over that one.

I guess a let down somewhere along the lines was to be expected.

This game was right after their little "vacation", so maybe that explains it.

Comment

Even though we have a very talented team, we are relying on a lot of freshmen and sophomores to carry the load; we only have one senior and two juniors. Any team with a lack of experience is prone to a letdown, particularly if the opposing team is able to shut down our best player (Vogel), like they did last night. The traveling probably doesn't help, particularly if their time frame gets crammed due to the flight delays they endured this week. (Flying into Chicago will guarantee you that headache at least once a season.....it's already happened twice this season.)

This game should serve as a learning experience for our younger players and we should rebound strongly on Sunday before taking on Kansas next Wednesday.

Comment

I think the travel woes had to play some part here. Ark. St. really took it to us. I listened to the first half and kept waiting for the Jacks to make that 2nd half run. Didn't shoot well enough and didn't seem to have the legs to stop them from scoring.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anyone listen to AJ's comments?

In regards to hearing the score on the broadcast, I have a harder time finding out if we made buckets or not for the Women's game, at least not for about 10 sec after...

Not knocking anyone, because I sure wouldn't want that job!! I have a hard enough following the action of live DI sports! :-/

Comment

Working...
                                X