Arkansas State University Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas State University Game

It looks like I get the honor of starting the game thread.

They are posting predictions over on the Arkansas State forum.  If you get a chance before the game you might want to go over there and make a prediction in support of our Jackrabbits.

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=27854.0

Re: Arkansas State University Game

From Arkansas State's Web Site, lots of respect - good article
    http://www.asuindians.com/ViewArticl...;ATCLID=697604
    [hr]

Lady Indians Set to Host South Dakota State
    Courtesy: ArkansasState
               Release: 11/29/2006

Courtesy: ArkansasState
    ASU senior guard Ali Carter
    and the Lady Indians will host
    South Dakota State Thursday
    night at 7:05 p.m.

JONESBORO, Ark., (11-29-2006) — The Arkansas State Lady Indians (3-3) will wrap up a three-game home stand Thursday night when they host the South Dakota State Jackrabbits in a 7:05 p.m. game at the ASU Convocation Center.
    South Dakota State comes to Jonesboro with an impressive 4-1 record, earning victories over Virginia, Southern California, Southwest Minnesota State, and Sun Belt Conference power Middle Tennessee on the Blue Raiders’ home court in Murfreesboro. The Jackrabbits’ only loss on the season was a Nov. 25 setback against Baylor, which is currently ranked No. 13 nationally and finished as runner-up in the Preseason WNIT Tournament.

South Dakota State, which received four votes in this week’s Associated Press Women’s Poll, is led by guard Megan Vogel, who averages just over 20 pointer per game. ASU head coach Brian Boyer said that Vogel is as good as any player the Lady Indians have faced this season, and that the Jackrabbits have the potential to finish as a Top 20 team.

“There is no question this is a quality basketball team,” Boyer said. “When you compare our opponents this season, they are one of the top teams we have played. They are not far off from a Purdue, and are close to being a Top 20 team. Their guard, Vogel, is as good as we have seen this year.”

The Lady Indians enter Thursday night’s game as winners in two of their last three outings. Arkansas State overcame a hostile environment to defeat Missouri State on the road Nov. 20, then played No. 10 Purdue close in a 67-61 loss Nov. 24. The last time ASU took the court, the Lady Indians hammered Arkansas-Pine Bluff 87-55 Sunday afternoon at the Convocation Center.

Despite the 32-point margin of victory against UAPB, Boyer said that the Lady Indians will need a better effort Thursday against SDSU.

“We did take a little step back against Pine Bluff, but as a whole we were very consistent last week, and I hope we can sustain that,” Boyer said. “Our performances at Missouri State and against Purdue were very, very good. I think that it will take that type of effort, or better, to get a victory against South Dakota State.”

After facing the Jackrabbits Thursday night, the Lady Indians will head to the west coast, where they will take part in this weekend’s California Contra Costa Times Classic in Berkeley, Calif. The Lady Indians will take on San Jose State in a 9 p.m. game Saturday night, then face Cal or Harvard Sunday.

Comment

This could be an interesting game or maybe not, here are some of their top players

[hr]
      their only game at home this year they drew: 2348

An Link to their web site: http://www.asuindians.com/SportSelec...mp;SPSID=35073

34 DAVIE, Adrianne.... 17.5 points per game  7.3 rebounds per game
      -plays 34.8 min per game
      - three point field goals  3-3   .1000

03 SIMS, Rudy.........   13.0 points per game  4.3  rebounds per game
      -plays 33.2 min per game
      - three point field goals  4-12   .333
      - Assists per game 4.8
      - free throws 10-13   .769

40 CARTER, Ali........   9.3 points per game  3.0  rebounds per game
      -plays 28 min per game
      -seems to be their 3 point shoot, and is 8-20  .400

25 STARR, Caroline.... 7.0 points per game  3.5 rebounds per game
      - plays 25.5 min per game
      -three point field goals 3-14   .214
      - free throws 11-12   .917

As a team they are being out rebounded by 8 and half per game, and I don't feel their opponents have been as big and physical as ours. Should be our advantage.

AK State is avg. 54.5 points per game to our 67.8 ppg

Comment

Listening to Imming this morning on WNAX he indicated the Ladies were having another difficult travel commute with the weather and their was concern over them getting there on time. First the ladies were delayed in Sioux Falls trying to get to Chicago and as of this morning were stuck in Chicago trying to get to Memphis.

Comment

Does KJJQ broadcast on the internet?
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Where do I get the link for the women's broadcast? I usually just get it from this board and have never needed to find it.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/

Click on Broadcasts, and then any of the women's links...
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                http://www.gojacks.com/

Click on Broadcasts, and then any of the women's links...

thanks
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Go to gojacks.com and click on broadcasts(on left menu) then just click on any one of the links at shows the women's basketball broadcast. It should then open up.

Comment

Does ASU have live stats?
                    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

I am thinking no, I spent about 20 minutes looking for some.

Comment

Okay, I can't find the specific link to the live broadcast. The last one listed is the men's game vs. Utah.

Comment

Muck for 3. 4-3 Arkansas State.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                            Okay, I can't find the specific link to the live broadcast. The last one listed is the men's game vs. Utah.
                            Just use any of the women's basketball game links listed there . . .

or . . .

http://media.sdstate.edu/SDSU_SPORTS

that might work . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I believe Cornemann with 2. 11-5 Arkansas State going to the line.

Comment

Working...
                              X