Minnesota-Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota-Duluth

I say no more points for UMD. Don't let your guy score. We have more talent its really about desire. Plenty of FTs will be coming our way.

Something fell off the scoreboard, a bit of a delay follows. The scoreboard seems to be swaying. Is that thing going to fall?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

21 turnovers a side. Way, way too many against a D-II team.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

56-48 Jacks Under 4 minutes
        “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Honestly, why are we playing this game? Does anybody really expect the jacks to be playing amazing a single day after probably the biggest game so far this season. Half our team is from Minnesota, and they are going to play the U of M, and we schedule a game THE NEXT DAY. Remember, this is a young team. Ideally, yes, our girls would be ready to go, but thats not going to be the reality for a bunch of 18 year olds. I knew this was going to be a close game last October.

The bottom line is: If we win big, we impress nobody. If we win close, we lose. If we lose, we lose even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            21 turnovers a side.  Way, way too many against a D-II team.
            Darn right, handle the ball, dominate the paint and shut the lesser team down. I think the Jacks are poised to do so now. We all know what can happen if you let a team hang around. 11 point lead now that we have turned up the defensive intensity. Lets finish them off.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

A little over 2:00 62-49 Jacks....
              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                I say no more points for UMD.  Don't let your guy score.  We have more talent its really about desire.  Plenty of FTs will be coming our way.  

Something fell off the scoreboard, a bit of a delay follows.  The scoreboard seems to be swaying.  Is that thing going to fall?
                Well, I think they have scored 3 points since I asked for the shutout. Pretty darn good. 15 point lead. A win is a win, maybe.

Comment

64-51 16-3 run.... :21 left

Comment

A solid finish.

Comment

Jacks win....64-51

Comment

Nice finish against a respectable DII team.

Any news on what fell from the scoreboard?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                          Any news on what fell from the scoreboard?
                          It was some kind of grit from the spinning part of the scoreboard, like it was grinding something. They stopped the spinning and the grit stopped falling.

UMD has some nice players, but on a good night we'd beat them by 30. The Jacks were clearly out of sync. That was a really ugly game.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Listened to the UMD Broadcast and they were complaining of the huge foul disparity and that was the only difference in the outcome of the game. The Broadcaster estimated the capacity at Frost at 4000!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                              Listened to the UMD Broadcast and they were complaining of the huge foul disparity and that was the only difference in the outcome of the game. The Broadcaster estimated the capacity at Frost at 4000!
                              Interesting. Their gym holds 2,759. Their football stadium holds 4,000.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

If anybody reading this site has a video link to the final 30 seconds of the U of M game, I would appreciate getting it. Used the link listed on the U of M thread, but it doesn't show the last shot (unless my viewer is bad). It shows a lot of the referees trying to make a decision, but skips the last shot. Help??

Comment

Working...
                                X