Cancun Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cancun Challenge

It looks like the Jacks are only the 14th NCAA women's team to achieve 1,000 wins. That's a huge milestone, and it puts SDSU in very elite company. Congratulations to all past and present Jackrabbits!
    This space for lease.

Comment

Interesting looking at FGCU, we will have a significant size advantage as their tallest player is a 6 foot guard. Hopefully we can take advantage of that with Burckhard, Selland, and Theisen.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
        Absolutely. I wasn’t saying the rest of them are not good. Most of them are really young and have some growing up and learning to do. It was more to say how important those 2 are going to be this year and going forward beyond this year.
        With losing Macy we needed someone who could step up and make a play and Selland is that person. Even if she didn’t directly make the play, the team just seemed to settle down a little bit with them in there.
        Yes, I know you weren't disparaging the rest of the team, and all I wanted to do was make sure the other players were given some credit too, so neither you or I are in disagreement, we just wanted to point out our own conclusions. I probably gave you the wrong impression by responding to your quote specifically....sorry about that.

Comment

Where is Taygan in the box scores? Is she not on the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
            Where is Taygan in the box scores? Is she not on the trip?
            Injured in practice last week. Not allowed to travel.

Comment

ND defeats USF 67-51, neither of these teams have had a successful Tournament, ND 1-2 ,USF 0-3, the only ranked team in the Tournament, go figure?.....oooftta! Were they considered the headliners?
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-30-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Jacks lose heartbreaker today. Honestly, it sounded like the refs gave it away at the end. Myah apparently fouled while being double-teamed with under 30 seconds left. How does the one being double-teamed get called for a foul?
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Tough end to a great tourney. Controversial calls at the end against the Jacks. Great showing regardless. Team grew tremendously this week. Hope they keep the momentum up once they return home with #1 Oregon coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    Jacks lose heartbreaker today. Honestly, it sounded like the refs gave it away at the end. Myah apparently fouled while being double-teamed with under 30 seconds left. How does the one being double-teamed get called for a foul?
                    It'd be nice just once if we are the beneficiary of one of these game deciding controversial calls, law of average thing? . Great Tournament Ladies.

Comment

Last three possessions of the game.
                      https://twitter.com/cancunchallenge/...658019329?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        Did she jump kick someone in the gut and send her flying? don't know?.....j/c

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Last three possessions of the game.
                          https://twitter.com/cancunchallenge/...658019329?s=21
                          Can't let someone dribble coast-to-coast for a layup when up by one with ten seconds to go.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Can't let someone dribble coast-to-coast for a layup when up by one with ten seconds to go.
                            Yah...that's about as poor of team defense one can play in that scenario.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

That's tough way to end it. We just gave up too many 3's in that 4th quarter.

Good tournament. Instead of having a team that seemed like it might take until January to be playing at a high level this one seems ready to go right now. Burckhard and Nelson are probably the biggest surprises for me so far. Burckhard is now a super-aggressive scorer and is looking like she'll have a place in SDSU history. Nelson is obviously very comfortable as a major contributor after only getting a few minutes in the first three games - 27pts and 18 rebounds the last two games. Hopefully they'll keep using Stapleton as well - she had some good moments.

Comment

Tori probably makes that shot as a senior, she's tired, probably doesn't practice that shot a couple feet further out from where she typically shoots her three's, and she 's just a freshman and still learning......good job Jacks, nothing to feel bad about the effort you all gave

Comment

Working...
                                X