Re: NDSU

Jacks up 70-37
      attendance 2710

Comment

85-43 Jacks criusin to an easy win 1:03 left to play

Comment

Jacks easily defeat the Bison 86-45. Nice win for the Jacks, one step closer to a WNIT bid.

Comment

Some stats:

Vogel: 25 points, 7 boards in 26 minutes Edit: Season High for Vogel
            Warkenthein: 14 points, 10 boards
            Boever: 13 points in 17 minutes off the bench
            Ketty started in place of Verdegan and played 30 minutes, scoring 8 points.

We held NDSU to 25% from the field.
            Only 11 turnovers!

Way to go, gals! I'm really looking forward to their games next weekend at Frost!

Comment

Lose a starter and an excellent freshman steps up to fill the gap.  What does that say about the strength and depth of this TEAM?  Go Jacks

Comment

I got home from the game a little while ago.  WDAY TV said that the 41 point loss tonight was Amy Ruley's worst ever as a coach.  

My random observations - I haven't seen any stats beyond what Nighthawk posted above, but I think the Bison got most of their points on 3's and offensive rebound putbacks.  Of course they shot only 25% so there were a lot of offensive rebounds available.  The Bison did turn the momentum around a bit at the end of the first half, but the Jacks came out and put them away at the beginning of the 2nd half.  The play got a little ragged a few times, which is the nature of blowouts of this magnitude.  Total domination by the Jacks.  The depth of this team is exceptional.

We can nickname Megan Vogel, "Buffalo Bill", 8-) because she was a real Bison killer tonight.  She had plenty of help though.  Even without her 25 points the Rabbits still win by 16.  

Great win tonight ladies.   ;D ;D ;D

G0 BIG! GO BLUE! GO JACKS!
                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031
                  Andrea sufferred a concussion a couple days ago in practice and didn't practice yesterday. She just takes pressure off of the guards and keeps everyone calm. I think they're going to have to play well to win up there. Hopefully they pull it out. A loss here would hurt....
                  Wish Andrea a speedy recovery. Rest her now and have her back for the WNIT.

Comment

From Mike McFeely's story in the Fargo Forum-

Snapshot from a historic Saturday night at the Bison Sports Arena: South Dakota State’s Megan Vogel stood on the left wing 20 feet from the basket, lining up a 3-pointer as if in a pick-up game at the YMCA, while North Dakota State’s players stood flat-footed and watched.

Swish, and the net barely moved.

That moment came with 11 minutes left in the second half, but it epitomized this matchup of NCAA Division I independent women’s basketball rivals – and the state of each program.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/155364

A great performance by the Jackrabbits
                    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Terry Vandrovec's story in the Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...54/1002/SPORTS

Comment

All I can say is that what was once a proud program is in shambles right now. We had no answers for you last night and it was tough to watch. I have a question, if we bring Cowbells to the game down there in a few weeks will you call off the dogs so to speak when the score gets beyond 20 points? Will ring em loud so you hear. That was an ugly game for Bison fans.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker
                          All I can say is that what was once a proud program is in shambles right now.  We had no answers for you last night and it was tough to watch.  I have a question, if we bring Cowbells to the game down there in a few weeks will you call off the dogs so to speak when the score gets beyond 20 points?  Will ring em loud so you hear.  That was an ugly game for Bison fans.
                          Well if you want to get kicked out of the game, you can ring em during the game . Some of your other fans learned the rule slowly last night downhere.

Comment

Wow. Very impressive victory for these young Jacks. SDSU will miss Megan Vogel next year, that's for sure. She'll rank among the all-time greats at SDSU. But overall this team is very deep and will get even deeper next year. There is some very good, new talent coming in next season. The Bison are likely to have their hands full for years to come.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...epublisher.com
                              The recent win streak has jumped the Jacks' season record to 16-5. With the road trip over, the Jacks look to keep the streak alive going into a five-game home stand. SDSU is 9-1 at home on the season, and with a Women's National Invitation Tournament berth still in sight, it should be an exciting month of basketball.

The Jacks started out this last road trip with a gritty 79-78 road win over Utah Valley State. SDSU led 40-33 at the half, and was able to outlast the Wolverines' second-half comeback. The Jackrabbits lost the lead when Rebekah Peterson of Utah Valley connected on a three-pointer to take a 78-77 lead with six seconds left in the game. With one second left, Peterson fouled senior Megan Vogel, who came up big with two clutch free throws to put the Jacks ahead for good.

The team followed up the thrilling win in Utah with another win against Texas Pan-American, 64-52. In this game, the Jacks started off slowly, limping into halftime down 29-21. Vogel, the team's leading scorer, was scoreless in the first half ... that would change. The team turned it up in the second half, on the strength of 20 points by Vogel, who ended the as the game's leading scorer. Junior Courtney Grimsrud added 11 points and sophomore Ashlea Muckenhirn put up nine points, to go with her nine rebounds in the contest.

On Feb. 3, the Jackrabbits bounded away from NDSU early, and embarrassed the Bison 86-45, the largest win SDSU has ever had in Fargo. On the strength of a 22-7 run to start the game, the Jacks found themselves with a comfortable 20-point halftime lead, up 43-23. After a 13-0 run to begin the second half, the outcome was never in doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X