NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU

I'll start this out. Obviously a huge game. I see this as the toughest remaining game on the schedule. Remember they beat U of M (although on their home court) with a bit more ease then our buzzer beater. A win against us will make their season. A loss by us here to a team with an rpi of 150ish will be problematic.

Re: NDSU

Originally posted by HoboD
    I'll start this out. Obviously a huge game.  I see this as the toughest remaining game on the schedule.  Remember they beat U of M (although on their home court) with a bit more ease then our buzzer beater.  A win against us will make their season. A loss by us here to a team with an rpi of 150ish will be problematic.
    Yes, this should be the toughest remaining game in the Reg Season.

From the NCAA weekly ratings of 1/28,

SDSU #38
    NDSU #173
    IPFW #185
    UVSU #193
    UTPA #237
    NJIT #335 (of 335) :

So, a HOME GAME for the Bison, again their prime D-I rival, with LOTS of common teams played. Bison have done closer losses to some, and a larger margin vs U of MN in win. They've been spotty in how they've done. I anticipate this being a close game (< 10 pts) but I see the tenacious D, and great outside/FT shooting taking Jacks to win.

Physical, foul filled games seem to be a road for the Jacks to win, so anticipate this will be a grueling game. The good news, is it's the only game this weekend for the Ladies.

Comment

Without the logo and cowbell discussion, this thead is short...

A big game and big step for the women and their WNIT berth. It doesn't have to be said that the women can win this game, even big, but may need to be firing on all cylinders. Hitting the 3 early in the 1st half will be huge.

Comment

Andrea sufferred a concussion a couple days ago in practice and didn't practice yesterday. She just takes pressure off of the guards and keeps everyone calm. I think they're going to have to play well to win up there. Hopefully they pull it out. A loss here would hurt....

Comment

Anybody else going to Fargo?  The BSA is an hour away and Frost is more like 3 and a 1/2.  I made 2 trips down there last week-end, so I guess I'll take the easier route this time.  I can meet my son for supper and maybe talk him into going to the game.

GO JACKS!!!!!!    BEAT THE BISON!!!!!!  
          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
            Without the logo and cowbell discussion, this thead is short...

A big game and big step for the women and their WNIT berth. It doesn't have to be said that the women can win this game, even big, but may need to be firing on all cylinders. Hitting the 3 early in the 1st half will be huge.
            Ok here you go then, Damn those cowbells, you guys are so lame with the cowbells. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would go to a game with a cowbell
            There now you have the cowbell controversy

Comment

Shoot I left out the logo controversy, (what controversy do you guys have with a logo)? Are you guys considering a Indian mascot?? Geez cowbells and Indians I use to play that when I was a kid. Oh wait that was cowboys and Indians forget it ;D

Comment

BB, I have to admit that made me laugh out loud and get some funny looks from my family.

Well, since I blew out a knee and won't be able to make it to Frost, I guess I wll try and listen to both games on the radio. Primary focus has to be on the ladies. I hope we pound the livin' crap out of the Bison so bad in the first half that I can comfortably switch to the men in the second.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Jacks up 7-2

Comment

Jacks up10-5

Comment

Vogel 3 Jacks up 20-7

Comment

Jacks up 28-12