Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPFW

Originally posted by thebluehatman
    At 11-11 the Mastodon's offer us a good challenge.  2 players average over 14 points a game.  Johnna LEWIS-CARLISLE, who averages 16.2 and Ashley JOHNSON, who averages 14.1 are by far their main players.  They do have an international flair to them.  We have about 100 more Free throw attempts than they do.  Should be a close game, they do have some size to them. See you at Frost.

I think BHM needs to get a better seat at Frost and realize that this was the worst thought typed  on paper of the year!  I posted when we were 13-5 that we would not lose again!   STATS, who cares about stats!    

I would like to present you with the BLUE HAT AWARD for being so far off on something so obvious!

Comment

Blue was a little off on his thoughts on the game. The girls came out with a fire and didn't let it flame out. Vogel had an awesome game tonight, and Boever had a nice prelude to her birthday.

Comment

your a good sport!

Comment

Vogel 32 points in 21 minutes and Boever 21 points in 20 minutes, for a total of 53 points in 41 minutes, wow. Bean had 8 assists and Boever had 8 boards. Grimsrud had 4 blocks. 60 % FG shooting doesn't hurt at all either. These girls played awesome again tonight.

Comment

Here is a quote from IPFW's coach from the IPFW web site. http://gomastodons.cstv.com/sports/w...021007aaa.html

"They were by far the best team we have played this year." said Chris Paul. "Indiana, Illinois or any MAC team couldn't compare, SDSU was better. We'll be seeing them two times a year for the next few years so we need to improve and step up to the next level."

We...ARE...STATE!
            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Terry's game story in the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...36/1002/SPORTS

Vogel scores career high in IPFW rout
              By Terry Vandrovec
              tvandrovec@argusleader.com
              Published: February 11, 2007

BROOKINGS - According to the latest NCAA RPI report, New Jersey Tech, the club that South Dakota State clubbed Thursday night, is ranked 335th, dead last in Division I. But Saturday's opponent, future Mid-Continent Conference foe IPFW, had a .500 record and was smack dab in the middle of the pack, in other words, an average D-I team.

Just a bit of context to consider before digesting the final score: Jackrabbits 103, Mastodons 51.

SDSU (18-5) has won seven games in a row, the last three by a total of 159 points, in a sense

rendering the competition irrelevant.

"I really think it has a lot to with how we're playing," said Jacks coach Aaron Johnston, whose club hadn't scored so many points since putting up 107 against Augustana in 2003-04. "It has very little to do with the other team, not in a bad way, but we're just playing very well right now, especially defensively and offensively we have so much balance."

SDSU shot a season-high 60.7 percent from the field and recorded a season-best 27 assists. Lone senior, wing Megan Vogel, inspired to prove to the women's basketball alumna among a crowd of 2,579 that the program is in good hands, scored a career-high 32 points on 13 of 19 shooting in just 21 minutes.
              (read more)

Comment

Great performance by the Jacks. Vogel was very impressive, as usual. So were Cornemann, Boever and Warkenthien and others. I was very pleasantly surprised by Alison Anderson. What a hustler. She makes things happen. Stacie Oistad apparently is still hurt, and Abby Kratovil didn't play much, for some reason. Still, this is a deep team.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Take it a little easy on BHM. In last week's NCAA rpi rankings, Indiana was 38. IPFW took them to overtime. IPFW was ranked 169th, just in front of NDSU.

All of which means that fans at the game were able to witness a VERY good Jackrabbit team play just awesome! And while IPFW wasn't in the same league last night, they aren't a NJIT either. It was a remarkable show.

And congrats to Megan...for her game...for her career...and for choosing SDSU! She is deserving of every accolade she is getting. She is absolutely All-American caliber...a very special, all-around player. Not only is she in the career point hunt (with far fewer games), but those have come against some pretty high-caliber competition ths past three years.

Comment

Dang, wish I couuld have been there sounds like one of their best performances. Sign of a great team that doesn't let up and doesn't play down to their competitions level. Hopefully their hot shooting follows into the WNIT, assuming it's a sure deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X