This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Darian White from Montana State has entered the portal. Has one year of eligibility. Would give us a nice 1-2 punch at PG with Paige Meyer. Uber athletic player with nice quickness and handles. Not a great 3 point shooter but can really get downhill.
    It would seem likely if someone came in from the portal that a 1 year player is the answer. I will need to look back, but it seems that there is always a freshman that is a contributor.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Hopefully we have made a few calls. Hottinger from Lehigh would be a nice addition. Minnesota girl who got to experience playing in Frost this last year.
      Article that ties FH to Kallie Thiesen.

Meet the 2019 Star Tribune All-Metro first team (mngirlsbasketballhub.com)

I'm all for making this happen. I'm curious if we ever offered Hottinger in HS.

Comment

• Hailey Van Lith is in the portal. Maybe AJ should have Sydni Schetnan make a phone call!!! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          Hailey Van Lith is in the portal. Maybe AJ should have Sydni Schetnan make a phone call!!! LOL!
          By default she would immediately be the biggest trash talker on the team !

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

By default, she would immediately be the biggest trash-talker on the team!
            Her EGO would not contribute to team-first culture. Speaking down to teammates on the court (seen/heard at the Atlantis tourney) indicates fragile mental health.

Parallel storyline to Kelsey Plum (?):
            ​​​​​​https://justwomenssports.com/reads/k...nba-happiness/

Comment

• Maria Counts who is leaving Minnesota would be a good practical get for the Jacks. Think her parents are former Jackrabbits or at least one was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderboy View Post
                Maria Counts who is leaving Minnesota would be a good practical get for the Jacks. Think her parents are former Jackrabbits or at least one was.
                WOW is her dad Chris Counts who started for back to back Regional Final teams in 90-91, and 91-92? never flashy but a great team guy glue guy!! transferred in with 2 years remaining and i believe he started EVERY game for 2 years. Chris Counts and Chris White both came at the same time and both started every game for 2 years. Chris White is in the HOF and Counts is in the all underrated underappreciated HOF!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

WOW is her dad Chris Counts who started for back to back Regional Final teams in 90-91, and 91-92? never flashy but a great team guy glue guy!! transferred in with 2 years remaining and i believe he started EVERY game for 2 years. Chris Counts and Chris White both came at the same time and both started every game for 2 years. Chris White is in the HOF and Counts is in the all underrated underappreciated HOF!!
                  Pretty sure that she is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borderboy View Post
                    Maria Counts who is leaving Minnesota would be a good practical get for the Jacks. Think her parents are former Jackrabbits or at least one was.
                    Didn't she play high school ball with Chad Greenway's daughter ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Didn't she play high school ball with Chad Greenway's daughter ?
                      Yes, and two other sisters have/are as well. The one graduating this year is headed to UM-Duluth to play basketball. Another daughter is a sophomore and very good at basketball.

Comment

• According to Charlie Creme Frannie Hottinger is now the 28th ranked player in the portal. Will likely boil down to if she wants to be a bit contributor at a P5 school or a major contributor at a Mid Major that can get to the dance and make some noise. Hopefully we are pushing hard for her.

Surprisingly Lauren Ware is rated 31. With her length and athleticism she should be ranked much higher IMO. Likely is only here due to coming off a season ending injury. Frankly I feel we would be much more likely to land FH but Ware would be a great addition (but I expect her to look P5).
                        Last edited by SteelSD; 04-14-2023, 01:25 PM.

Comment

According to Charlie Creme Frannie Hottinger is now the 28th ranked player in the portal. Will likely boil down to if she wants to be a bit contributor at a P5 school or a major contributor at a Mid Major that can get to the dance and make some noise. Hopefully we are pushing hard for her.

Surprisingly Lauren Ware is rated 31. With her length and athleticism she should be ranked much higher IMO. Likely is only here due to coming off a season ending injury. Frankly I feel we would be much more likely to land FH but Ware would be a great addition (but I expect her to look P5).
                          Another player who played on the 2021 WBB FIBA World Cup team for USA . Lauren Betts leaves Stanford after one season, maybe looking for a place to call home, maybe another Pac 12 team on the rise, coached by a former Coach in the Summit , JR Payne, now coaching Colorado? I really liked her as a coach, always amiable and complimentary , win or lose. Peyton Verhulst also transfers from Louisville to Oklahoma , another World Cup teammate to Betts, Ware, forgot Paopao also transferring, teammates in 2021. Surprising even the creme de la creme schools lose key players, as many players looking for that ideal place to call home.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-14-2023, 08:01 PM.

Comment

According to Charlie Creme Frannie Hottinger is now the 28th ranked player in the portal. Will likely boil down to if she wants to be a bit contributor at a P5 school or a major contributor at a Mid Major that can get to the dance and make some noise. Hopefully we are pushing hard for her.

Hottinger to Marquette.

Comment

• Still carefully watching the portal… more joining daily

Comment

• Originally posted by sbruce65 View Post

Yes, and two other sisters have/are as well. The one graduating this year is headed to UM-Duluth to play basketball. Another daughter is a sophomore and very good at basketball.
                                I think Hope is her name, #24 on the roster, to me, I also think she might be the most athletic of the Counts, although all are pretty good athletes.

Comment

Working...
                                X