This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

That is ridiculous. They would gladly welcome all of these recruits in a heartbeat.
    yea i bet that AJ is seriously thinking about changing his recruiting philosophy now that it is understood that the usd fans have a problem with it))) he is gonna worry himself all the way to multiple back to back to back regular season and SLT championships))))!!!!!

and i am pretty sure i care about it less than ZERO

but i appreciate 2012 you illustrating for us AGAIN how unaware they are. obviously i am biased but i really think the usd fans are some of the very very worst. i could give reasons to back that but i will not at this time.

Comment

• Just a thought from a newbie, I think one thing about AJ is that he recruits athletic gals. Irwin, Myah, Payton, Meyer were all three sport athletes. Also, I rewatched Jacks games from this year, especially Paige and Timmer. Their last 2years in high school I’m sure they were double, if not triple teamed every game. Now, with the Jacks, they aren’t so it allows them to play the way they capable of. I think we are on a good path. Ok, I’ll shut up now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

A few posters on USD's fan board are being critical of AJ for recruiting all SD girls because they think we could possibly be missing out on better out of state talent. I find this a little funny for a lot of reasons, mainly because they have recruited the same players. Fox and Sheppard both had Big 10 offers, and I don't see anything on her Twitter page but I was told Vasecka has multiple offers including North Carolina. I am not saying we are going to get five all conference players out of this class, but if we get one or two to go along with a couple solid role players I would consider it a sucess. They also think we are over recruiting the same position. Other than Fox and Abdouch both possibly being looked at as point guards, I think 6'1 athletic girls can play anywhere on the floor. I do not see this as an issue.
        These girls play on the SD Attack U16 team. They played at the "Nike Tournament of Champions" this weekend and went 5-1. That tournament was played in Chicago. You never know who gets in what bracket but that isn't too bad. I would assume that some of the other teams have several D! recruits, too. I could be wrong though.

They lost to Wisconsin Impact 2024 Kelly (45-38).
        They beat Texas Elite White 16/17 (81-58), Philadelphia Belles 16U Peterson (65-64), Carolina Flames TC- Williams (70-49), Pure Elite (63-28) and Chapman Basketball Academy U16 gold (70-55).

USD has 3 incoming recruits (not 4 like SDSU's U16 team) that played on SD Attack U17 team in this same tournament and they went 2-3.

Like I said, I do not know what bracket both teams played in but 5-1 looks better than 2-3 to me.
        I hope the team with SDSU's recruits is playing in a tougher bracket. You have to lose some games in these tourneys to learn from.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91jack View Post

These girls play on the SD Attack U16 team. They played at the "Nike Tournament of Champions" this weekend and went 5-1. That tournament was played in Chicago. You never know who gets in what bracket but that isn't too bad. I would assume that some of the other teams have several D! recruits, too. I could be wrong though.

They lost to Wisconsin Impact 2024 Kelly (45-38).
          They beat Texas Elite White 16/17 (81-58), Philadelphia Belles 16U Peterson (65-64), Carolina Flames TC- Williams (70-49), Pure Elite (63-28) and Chapman Basketball Academy U16 gold (70-55).

USD has 3 incoming recruits (not 4 like SDSU's U16 team) that played on SD Attack U17 team in this same tournament and they went 2-3.

Like I said, I do not know what bracket both teams played in but 5-1 looks better than 2-3 to me.
          I hope the team with SDSU's recruits is playing in a tougher bracket. You have to lose some games in these tourneys to learn from.
          SD Attack 16U - went 3-2 at North Tartan Summer Meltdown Division 1 in age group​​​​​​
          Wed, Jul 20 FINAL SD Attack 16U 58 Wisconsin Impact 2024 Kelley 43
          Thu, Jul 21 8:30 AM FINAL SD Attack 16U 57 Minnesota Fury 2024 Premier 38
          Thu, Jul 21 10:50 AM FINAL SD Attack 16U 65 MN Suns 2024 Blue Star 66
          Fri, Jul 22 10:50 AM FINAL North Tartan 16 EYBL 57 SD Attack 16U 49
          Fri, Jul 22 2:20 PM FINAL SD Attack 16U 70 3rd Place Kingdom Hoops 16U Elite 50

SD Attack 17U - went 3-2 Division 2 in age group

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post

SD Attack 16U - went 3-2 at North Tartan Summer Meltdown Division 1 in age group​​​​​​
            Wed, Jul 20 FINAL SD Attack 16U 58 Wisconsin Impact 2024 Kelley 43
            Thu, Jul 21 8:30 AM FINAL SD Attack 16U 57 Minnesota Fury 2024 Premier 38
            Thu, Jul 21 10:50 AM FINAL SD Attack 16U 65 MN Suns 2024 Blue Star 66
            Fri, Jul 22 10:50 AM FINAL North Tartan 16 EYBL 57 SD Attack 16U 49
            Fri, Jul 22 2:20 PM FINAL SD Attack 16U 70 3rd Place Kingdom Hoops 16U Elite 50

SD Attack 17U - went 3-2 Division 2 in age group
            It does not appear that Broughton or Klosterbuer are playing for the 17U Attack team this summer. Broughton is out due to another ACL injury as mentioned earlier. Is Klosterbuer taking the summer off from AAU, or is she playing with another team?

Comment

• SD Attack 16U 47 38 North Tartan 16s EYBL
              Win avenges losses against the Nike EYBL national 16U champions in earlier tournaments - In Summer Finale at Des Moines - two days remaining & at least three games.

https://tourneymachine.com/Public/Re...f5cfd325aa4b

Go (future) Jacks!!
              Last edited by GrandpaLee; 07-24-2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• SD Attack 16 U made it out of pool play 5-0 and to the TOC summer finale championship game to play All Iowa Attack 10th EYBL , also 5-0 in their pool, fell just short in championship game 49-43. This group of recruits , Mahli Abdouch, Claire Sheppard , Emily Fox, and Katie Vasecka are going to be very good in '24 . Good to look forward to seeing them playing in yellow and blue. Add Jaidyn Dunn, plays AAU basketball for SD Network I believe,a big class the class of '24.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-25-2022, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• http://www.fivestatehoops.com/page/s...-class-of-2024

I came across this website the other day ranking prospects from IA,NE,SD,ND,WI,and MN. I know it is just one person's opinion, but it is still fun to look at. Our class of 2024 has 5 of the top 30 players on the list. Our 2023 class has the number 15(Hopp) and 17(Behrens) players, with Reese Ross listed at 16. Future looks bright!

Comment

http://www.fivestatehoops.com/page/s...-class-of-2024

I came across this website the other day ranking prospects from IA,NE,SD,ND,WI,and MN. I know it is just one person's opinion, but it is still fun to look at. Our class of 2024 has 5 of the top 30 players on the list. Our 2023 class has the number 15(Hopp) and 17(Behrens) players, with Reese Ross listed at 16. Future looks bright!
                    Jenna Hopp, perfect name for a Jackrabbit. I wonder when Ross will finally commit somewhere, usually they do by their junior year.

Comment

• Sydni Schetnan 6'5" is on the WVB roster for Louisville, not WBB. I still hope for twin towers concept to enhance the Jacks' post play after the 2022-23 season.

Comment

• Looks like Ross is following in Gylten's footsteps and heading to Utah.

Comment

Looks like Ross is following in Gylten's footsteps and heading to Utah.
                          I hope we don’t look back in a couple of years and regret not making her an offer. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

• Always look ahead

Comment

• I will follow her career and wish her the best, even though she didn't become a Jackrabbit.

Comment

• Did the Jacks or USD ever offer her ? Looking at her Twitter page, it appears that she didn't list offers.
                                Last edited by bigticket1; 07-31-2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X