This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Academically, Myah probably is a senior. Maybe her medical redshirt status doesn't come into play until after next season.
    I believe you are correct - she will probably be classified as a redshirt senior a year from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I believe you are correct - she will probably be classified as a redshirt senior a year from now.
      Makes sense I guess

Comment

• Jacks offer 5’ 7” (2023) Macy Donarski. She received an offer from UW- Green Bay as an 8 grader. Her sister Lexi committed to Iowa State as a 8th grader. Macy is from La Crosse.
        Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 06-18-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Speed & quickness attract offers (almost) like height - cannot "teach" players those genetic gifts. Ball pressure defenses and position-less offenses need ladies with wheels, handles, and explosiveness. Track speed and nimble anticipation are recruiting preferences within the Summit League. Jacks have attracted talents like, Emily Hertzberg, Haleigh Timmer, Paige Meyer, and maybe (2023) Macy Donarsk to stay on the trend's leading edge.

Comment

• PGH, do you know if Macy has any other offers besides the 2?

Comment

• I do not know - she has time left to hear from also-ran schools everywhere.

UW-Green Bay, SDSU, USD, Drake, Creighton, and (soon) NDSU are not P5, but have and will continue to beat down P-5's. Perhaps the Top 15 is our ceiling, for now. Our kids work harder, longer, and with more intensity. Watch player effort from the bottom 10 teams in each P5 conference; winded and dog trotting. Little bench cheerleading.

Comment

• SDSU offers Hannah Ronsiek from SF O'Gorman. I'd expect her to end up at Creighton with her sister if the opportunity is there.

I'm still wondering if/when SDSU will offer Bella Swedlund who currently has offers from Illinois, Illinois State, Montana State, and Colgate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                  SDSU offers Hannah Ronsiek from SF O'Gorman. I'd expect her to end up at Creighton with her sister if the opportunity is there.

I'm still wondering if/when SDSU will offer Bella Swedlund who currently has offers from Illinois, Illinois State, Montana State, and Colgate.
                  The sooner you show you really want someone, the better the chance of getting them I would think, but, that's just me.But it could be that they don't want to offer too many at once , and disappointing the student athlete when they've filled all their open scholarships......it's a touchy situation, you have to think of the other party involved so you don't hinder their attempts to get the fit they want somewhere too.I think we are a responsible institution and don't hand out offers lightly, but you have to over offer some, all schools do to some extent,.....you just have to be honest with them and it usually works out.

Comment

• Originally posted by PGH Dakotas View Post
                    I do not know - she has time left to hear from also-ran schools everywhere.

UW-Green Bay, SDSU, USD, Drake, Creighton, and (soon) NDSU are not P5, but have and will continue to beat down P-5's. Perhaps the Top 15 is our ceiling, for now. Our kids work harder, longer, and with more intensity. Watch player effort from the bottom 10 teams in each P5 conference; winded and dog trotting. Little bench cheerleading.
                    Please define "beatdown" Lets take a look at the numbers for the past three seasons for the above 6 teams.

Uw Green Bay
                    2017/18 3-2
                    2018/19 2-1
                    2019/20 2-1

7-4 overall 0.64

SDSU
                    17/18 2-1
                    18/19 1-3
                    19/20 1-1

4-5 overall 0.44

USD
                    17/18 2-4
                    18/19 2-2
                    19/20 2-1

6-7 overall 0.46

Drake
                    17/18 1-4
                    18/19 3-3
                    19/20 2-3

6-10 overall 0.38

Creighton
                    17/18 2-5
                    18/19 2-1
                    19/20 2-1

6-7 overall 0.46

NDSU
                    17/18 0-1
                    18/19 0-1
                    19/20 0-2

overall 0-4 0.0

Combine them together and we get 29-37 versus power 5 teams. Win pct of 0.44. Lets throw out NDSU as they rebuild and we get 29-33, or 0.47 winning pct.
                    Facts dont lie. P5 still hold the edge right now. Yes there are some bad P5 teams. The summit league conference is extremely top heavy. Im not sure if we play in Missouri Valley or Horizon we see the success we have.
                    When we put it into recruiting, saying SDSU is going longer and faster is evident by the offers they have put out. Only time will tell us if that is the formula, but we are not a top 15 team next year or most likely the year after. Most likely the best SDSU team in history was not full of speedsters and length (1-3 vs P5) It had a playmaker in Miller, a shooter like Guebert to spread the floor and a great leader at other positions who played their roles. Every kid in recruiting needs to find their fit. Downplaying kids because they dream of P5 conferences as lazy, dog trotters is not the way. These kids do read on here. As an SDSU alum I want success also, but SD kids success all over is more important to me.

Ronsiek offer is a good offer. She is a solid player. I dont believe she will follow her sister as she may want to make her own story. I do think its going to be a hard pull for SDSU. She is going to get more offers before the summer is over. No idea what the hold up is on Swedlund girl. Talking with my source and coaches out of Winner, she is getting recruited by a lot of schools (SDSU is one) and it will only pick up via offers and add on the ones she has. We at SD Jr Allstar are trying to get in touch with a couple other SD 2022 to see where SDSU has been with them. I dont see Taylor McCabe or Brooklyn Meyer being SDSU players either. Both will also go P5 most likely.

Sorry so long, but its what I do-research not spitball.

Comment

• Donarski has two offers from SDSU and GB

Comment

• Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

Please define "beatdown" Lets take a look at the numbers for the past three seasons for the above 6 teams.

Uw Green Bay
                        2017/18 3-2
                        2018/19 2-1
                        2019/20 2-1

7-4 overall 0.64

SDSU
                        17/18 2-1
                        18/19 1-3
                        19/20 1-1

4-5 overall 0.44

USD
                        17/18 2-4
                        18/19 2-2
                        19/20 2-1

6-7 overall 0.46

Drake
                        17/18 1-4
                        18/19 3-3
                        19/20 2-3

6-10 overall 0.38

Creighton
                        17/18 2-5
                        18/19 2-1
                        19/20 2-1

6-7 overall 0.46

NDSU
                        17/18 0-1
                        18/19 0-1
                        19/20 0-2

overall 0-4 0.0

Combine them together and we get 29-37 versus power 5 teams. Win pct of 0.44. Lets throw out NDSU as they rebuild and we get 29-33, or 0.47 winning pct.
                        Facts dont lie. P5 still hold the edge right now. Yes there are some bad P5 teams. The summit league conference is extremely top heavy. Im not sure if we play in Missouri Valley or Horizon we see the success we have.
                        When we put it into recruiting, saying SDSU is going longer and faster is evident by the offers they have put out. Only time will tell us if that is the formula, but we are not a top 15 team next year or most likely the year after. Most likely the best SDSU team in history was not full of speedsters and length (1-3 vs P5) It had a playmaker in Miller, a shooter like Guebert to spread the floor and a great leader at other positions who played their roles. Every kid in recruiting needs to find their fit. Downplaying kids because they dream of P5 conferences as lazy, dog trotters is not the way. These kids do read on here. As an SDSU alum I want success also, but SD kids success all over is more important to me.

Ronsiek offer is a good offer. She is a solid player. I dont believe she will follow her sister as she may want to make her own story. I do think its going to be a hard pull for SDSU. She is going to get more offers before the summer is over. No idea what the hold up is on Swedlund girl. Talking with my source and coaches out of Winner, she is getting recruited by a lot of schools (SDSU is one) and it will only pick up via offers and add on the ones she has. We at SD Jr Allstar are trying to get in touch with a couple other SD 2022 to see where SDSU has been with them. I dont see Taylor McCabe or Brooklyn Meyer being SDSU players either. Both will also go P5 most likely.

Sorry so long, but its what I do-research not spitball.
                        I don't know the answer but what is SDSU's record against P5 teams that aren't ranked in the top 10 nationally? Not all P5's are equal and the upper echelon of WBB is head and shoulders above the rest most years.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I don't know the answer but what is SDSU's record against P5 teams that aren't ranked in the top 10 nationally? Not all P5's are equal and the upper echelon of WBB is head and shoulders above the rest most years.
                          4-0 with wins over oklahoma, nc state, syracuse and notre dame. thats at a quick glance.

Comment

• 5-10 vs any ranked top 25 team in past three seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

4-0 with wins over oklahoma, nc state, syracuse and notre dame. thats at a quick glance.
                              I'll take SDSU all day everyday against any P5 WBB team ranked outside the top 25 and most of the time against any team outside the top 15.

Comment

• 2021 recruits Paige Meyer & Haleigh Timmer in Ames this weekend on separate summer ball teams . Minn Comets lost 72-29 to North Tartan EYBL. Timmer had 15-pts for NT. Streaming on paysite "Livebarn.com" In July, all three 2021 recruits play in Des Moines at TOC. Alexis Markowski is on Nebraska Lasers Gold and should be streaming as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X