UTPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTPA

Texas-PanAm comes to Frost for the return trip  next Thursday. I've done my pre-game analysis. We defeated them by 12 in Texas. We will win by no less than 25 in Frost. Go Jacks.

Re: UTPA

(Feb. 10)
    The Utah Valley State women's basketball team improved its overall record to 12-11 on the season as the Wolverines posted a 75-54 victory over The University of Texas-Pan American in Orem, UT, on Saturday evening. The Lady Broncs fell to 10-15 on the season with the setback to Utah Valley State.

If you really need to read more...
    http://utpabroncs.cstv.com/sports/w-...skbl-body.html

Has anybody heard about this kid from St. Peter, MN playing for the Jacks?....I think her name is Maygun Voelgull?..not sure on the spelling, but I hear she has some talent!

Comment

I know that everyone is excited about our beloved women's team receiving national attention and being poised to receive a WNIT bid, but we still have five games to go and we'll likely need to keep playing well in order to get that bid.

I think that the eager Frost crowd will help out tonight and this game will be less competitive than the previous matchup. We'll win by 30 with Megan Vogel scoring 27 points in about 23 minutes of playing time......I'm also predicting that Muck or Ketty will step up and have a big game for us......

Comment

I've got the ladies cued up on SDSU's excellent web stats tracker and Steve Imming up on the WNAX webcast (mainly because UTPA uses the dreadful CSTV Gametracker);

I've got UMKC-Oakland muted on the TV on Kansas City's MetroSports . . .

I'm ready for a basketball night!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Everybody must be at the women's game in Frost. Good!

24-15 Jacks at the under-eight timeout.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Vogel with 14 as the Jacks are up 33-24.

Comment

42-24 Jacks
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                42-24 Jacks
                Another nice run for the Jacks.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sounds like the Jack women have this one wrapped up. A 25-point lead with a few minutes to go. (And apparently another strong showing by Vogel.) I'd better go check out the last minutes of the Jack men's game. ... Way to go, Jacks.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Rabbits are now 19-5.

Need to beat Utah Valley State to get to 20-5.

Need to beat NDSU to get to 21-5.

Need to beat IPFW to get to 22-5.

Need to beat NJIT to get to 23-5.

I'll assume that we'll get a first round bye into the WNIT.

Need to beat somebody pretty good to get to 24-5.

Need to beat somebody else who's pretty good to get to 25-5.

Need to beat somebody pretty darn good to get to 26-5.

Need to beat someone very good to get to 27-5.

Need to beat someone else very good to get to 28-5 and win SDSU's first ever championship in the Division I era--the WNIT.

But I don't want to get ahead of ourselves . . .

Need to beat Utah Valley State . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                      Rabbits are now 19-5.

Need to beat someone else very good to get to 28-5 and win SDSU's first ever championship in the Division I era--the WNIT.

I don't think you are to far off track on your wish list there. We still have a few games to play but in all honestly I don't see one that we could lose. Maybe not blow um out like we have been doing, but a lose seems pretty unlikely. With how much bad luck and tough losses are going to the mens team, maybe the womens team is getting all the confidence and luck that will carry us far into the WNIT.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                        Texas-PanAm comes to Frost for the return trip  next Thursday. I've done my pre-game analysis. We defeated them by 12 in Texas. We will win by no less than 25 in Frost. Go Jacks.
                        Sorry I blew it, we only won by 23.

Comment

Just a thought, Why hasn't Abby been playing more the last few games? She really hasn't been getting very many minutes. Looks like she is playing well when she is out there.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Well, we seemed a bit flat tonight, but a win's a win. Vogel was within the margin of error for my prediction, but I was off with which underclassman would step it up tonight. :-[

Nevertheless, Laura (14 pts., 7 boards) had a pretty impressive game off the bench for us tonight.

Looking forward to Saturday night.......

Comment

Originally posted by goon
                              [quote author=filbert link=1171166161/0#9 date=1171596186]Rabbits are now 19-5.

I don't think you are to far off track on your wish list there.  We still have a few games to play but in all honestly I don't see one that we could lose.  Maybe not blow um out like we have been doing, but a lose seems pretty unlikely.  With how much bad luck and tough losses are going to the mens team,  maybe the womens team is getting all the confidence and luck that will carry us far into the WNIT.  [/quote]

i posted when w e were 12-5 that we would not lose another game, since Augie, UND, NDSU, USD St. Cloud could beat these clowns!

Comment

Working...
                              X