Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavericks

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    It's not hard to see progress as this team adjusts to their new reality. Young clearly is getting more comfortable carrying the offensive load. Flaata is going from just a "body" to someone who can contribute a little offensively. Palmer is turning into a really nice all-around player for a sophomore. Thompson is getting better in both ends as a post.

I wouldn't be surprised if we drop a couple road games while Ober is out, but this team should be rock solid once she is back to full speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. I like our chances more and more to win 10 or 11 conference games and get a top 2 seed.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      If you wanted to see a game with defense, you needed to be there for the women's game! The pressure had the Mavs out to the mid court line. This was a refreshing game to enjoy what good defense could bring to the results of a game. The Mav star Shaw made 8+ points late in the game when it did not make any difference. The women's defense was rock solid.
      I'm going to suggest that Palmer was one of the reasons for the good defense. Look back at the IPFW game. We were playing good defense and were ahead until Palmer picked up her second foul and sat the rest of the 1st & all of the 2nd period. IPFW came back at us. When she was in during 3rd/4th periods we played good defense. Now go to Omaha game. We played pretty good defense when she was in the game. The reason, she plays good help side defense. Reminds me a bit of how Ober plays help side defense.

Check out my observations at the next game against IUPUI and see if my analysis is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
        I'm going to suggest that Palmer was one of the reasons for the good defense. Look back at the IPFW game. We were playing good defense and were ahead until Palmer picked up her second foul and sat the rest of the 1st & all of the 2nd period. IPFW came back at us. When she was in during 3rd/4th periods we played good defense. Now go to Omaha game. We played pretty good defense when she was in the game. The reason, she plays good help side defense. Reminds me a bit of how Ober plays help side defense.

Check out my observations at the next game against IUPUI and see if my analysis is correct.
        I would say that against Omaha overall we did play pretty good defense. We did give up 64 points on nearly 46% shooting, but we were very disruptive and forced Omaha to run a lot of their offense much farther out from the basket than they wanted to.

However, against IPFW all players (including Palmer) weren't playing particularly good defense. The reason for the change in the 2nd half was we played almost exclusively zone defense (which we started towards the end of the 2nd quarter). Not sure you can give Palmer the pat on the back for that. I have found that unfortunately she has been playing the old Reed T. role of undersized 4 having to guard people bigger than her. I think she has in part struggled due to really playing out of position on defense, but she has been very valiant just like Reed in how she approaches that.

Comment

Working...
        X