Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Wichita State Shockers

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    We looked very good tonight. I'm not sure where the Shockers were ranked pre-season in the Valley but it seems likely they'll struggle this year in their conference. Even so, we did a lot of nice things against a team that has some athletes. Nice road win for the Jacks.
    I think the commentators mentioned 4th in the Valley for the Shockers.

Comment

commentators also noted that the Jacks were doing different things on the inbound passes that were really confusing the Shockers. they were impressed by it.

Comment

It was good to see Lexi starting to heat up and make open outside looks. Also, she hit a nice midrange jumper in the lane. I would like to see her cut down on out of control turnovers, but hopefully this is a stepping point to her moving forward and playing with offensive confidence. For us to be successful she is going to need to hit the open looks to allow the middle to stay open.

As for Clarissa, I was also glad to see her walking through the handshake line. Hopefully we are looking at more of a slight sprain than a full rupture of anything and she can come back yet this year for us. She makes our defense so much better when she is on the court.

Good win to build confidence going into the conference season.

Comment

This is how they can play....good game for the whole team.We are building our bench and seeing good results.I like to see lots of movement with a lot of screens set to aid the ball handler, or spring someone open.We have excellent ball movement,we make defenses constantly have to move and adjust.We are an above avg passing team,like to see great passing,everyone appreciates that .Like to see the offense clicking again.Defense,great as usual.

Hope Clarissa mends well, she'll probably be given all the time she needs to come back stronger than ever for the season,hoping her injury isn't too serious.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-22-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            This is how they can play....good game for the whole team.We are building our bench and seeing good results.I like to see lots of movement with a lot of screens set to aid the ball handler, or spring someone open.We have excellent ball movement,we make defenses constantly have to move and adjust.We are an above avg passing team,like to see great passing,everyone appreciates that .Like to see the offense clicking again.Defense,great as usual.

Hope Clarrissa mends well, she'll probably be given all the time she needs to come back stronger than ever.
            I didn't watch all of the game last night but when I did I was also impressed by the passing - especially against their press. And how we didn't get at all rattled against that pressure from the onset of them pressing. That was good to see in my eyes with Macy being out.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Postgame is on this site with AJ and Lexi Alexander, AJ mentions that some of the players should be taking more shots and finding a way to get that into the offensive flow.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Successfull OOC ,despite Louisville and Macy's and Clarissa's injury's.That was a brutal schedule and we come away from it at 9-3.We won the ones we should have and the 3 losses are to post season NCAA Tournament teams.Team had it's shaky moments but seem to have learned and are starting to play as a cohesive,well disciplined,very efficient basketball team.We should be able to carry that success into the conference basketball season and do well,despite our conference being much tougher at the top this year.Good to see the conference teams pushing themselves and the Summit League ahead,which wasn't always the case in seasons past.We might be headed to a two team NCAA Tournament selection conference if we keep that trend going,which will benefit all teams in the conference in the future who are deserving and who have not been selected in the past because of a pre-conceived bias against them simply by conference affiliation,i.e. ....the conference deemed to be too weak to get two teams in.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-22-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Successfull OOC ,despite Louisville and Macy's and Clarissa's injury's.That was a brutal schedule and we come away from it at 9-3.We won the ones we should have and the 3 losses are to post season NCAA Tournament teams.Team had it's shaky moments but seem to have learned and are starting to play as a cohesive,well disciplined,very efficient basketball team.We should be able to carry that success into the conference basketball season and do well,despite our conference being much tougher at the top this year.Good to see the conference teams pushing themselves and the Summit League ahead,which wasn't always the case in seasons past.We might be headed to a two team NCAA Tournament selection conference if we keep that trend going,which will benefit all teams in the conference in the future who are deserving and who have not been selected in the past because of a pre-conceived bias against them simply by conference affiliation,i.e. ....the conference deemed to be too weak to get two teams in.
                  Have you not been paying attention, this will NEVER happen.

Comment

I think the zone is the best when Flatten is on top. His long wingspan makes it difficult on the passing lanes. Just don't understand why he doesn't get more minutes. His back didn't seem to bother him on that dunk!

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                      Have you not been paying attention, this will NEVER happen.
                      Probably not,just dreaming.

Comment

Working...
                      X