GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Wichita State Shockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Wichita State Shockers

The final OOC game is tonight. It is the first meeting of these 2 teams. The Shockers are 5-5. They have some quality losses to Maryland, Purdue, Missouri, and Stanford. They also lost to UMKC. They also defeated Creighton 2 days after the Jackrabbits handled the Bluejays. They have a couple of taller players to match with Ober and Thompson plus a couple of reserves. The guard players will be a bit smaller than the Jackrabbit guards. The Shockers have 10 players who average 11 or more minutes per game. They shoot about 44% from the field and average 64 points. They average 50% inside the arc and 33% from beyond. The Shockers foul more often than their opponents and they grab fewer rebounds(mostly offensive rebounds difference). Their strong suit is steals on defense. They average 9.5 steals per game. This is televised on ESPN3 at 7 pm. The Jackrabbits need to get the post Macy Miller rotation in a groove heading into the conference play. It is something that AJ should be able to organize and start this 3 game road stretch with a victory. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Wichita State Shockers

After the long hiatus from playing basketball,the OOC schedule before that though was rather tough and quite arduous,the Jacks should be ready to go for another tough battle on someone else's home court again. It will be comforting to know it's over and the Conference games will be beginning.I personally think they deserved a long break,although it wasn't quite planned that way.Hope they do well with the national exposure they'll be getting for the game being shot live on ESPN3.It might just be my imagination,or they seem to have an aversion to being in the Nations spotlight about playing in front of a National audience. Probably the former rather than the latter.

Comment

I just hope the extra practice time allowed them to figure out the new roles offensively. My guess is that we are still going to be pretty concerned about that after the first few Summit games.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        I just hope the extra practice time allowed them to figure out the new roles offensively. My guess is that we are still going to be pretty concerned about that after the first few Summit games.
        I would expect the Shockers will be giving the guards plenty of defensive attention to key some turnovers. That would be what the Jackrabbits may have been practicing this past week. I hope the Jackrabbit guards are ready for this game and show some ability to keep calm and collected.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Interesting,in all the games they lost ,Wichita had more TO's than their opponent.In the games they've won ,they forced more TO's than they made,with the exception of Arkansas State.Their margin of TO supremacy in their wins are +4 TO's for Ark St, -5 TO's for Incarnate Word , -5 TO's for Abilene Christian. -7 TO's for Northeastern. -3 TO's for Creighton. One must look at points off TO's to get a better understanding of the role TO's played in the game. If other things aren't going good to offset TO's, they hurt more ,obviously.

Comment

This reffing crew must be the RRQ All-Stars, wow they are bad.

Comment

Why are the seats so far away from the court?
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Did the ESPN3 commentator just mispronounce Pierre?

Comment

At least we avoided another awful offensive start. I'll take a one point deficit given the fact that Young had to sit most of the quarter with 2 fouls. The offensive firepower is really limited when Alexander, Palmer and Tracy are all on the floor together.

I sure hope they keep leaving Guebert wide open out on the arc. She won't miss for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    Why are the seats so far away from the court?
                    I guess it's to give nearly every fan a clear sight line....per wiki

Comment

Ober down and in a lot of pain according to Tyler. Clutching her knee. Helped off the court. No weight on her left leg.

Comment

Oh man, looks like Ober has a serious knee injury.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Ober down and in a lot of pain according to Tyler. Clutching her knee. Helped off the court. No weight on her left leg.
                          It didn't look good. Game is on ESpn3 if people are interested. She got boxed into. Hopefully just hyperextended.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            It didn't look good. Game is on ESpn3 if people are interested. She got boxed into. Hopefully just hyperextended.
                            Yikes. At work and didn't see it. Tyler's description didn't sound good. We are dangerously thin at post.

Comment

I'm amazed we are still leading after the Ober injury. That has to be a shocker - it was easy to hear her screams of pain on the broadcast.

31-28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X