Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creighton ( tomorrows game )What would you like to see in 1st game of season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creighton ( tomorrows game )What would you like to see in 1st game of season?

They just made a very good Creighton team look average. Also, it didn't appear SDSU was ever in high gear, just played a very contained, aggressive game.

Comment

Re: Creighton ( tomorrows game )What would you like to see in 1st game of season?

Good luck to Creighton,hope they beat everyone else they play this year.These two programs have a lot of respect for each other.They are a great team.

Comment

That win ought to move us closer to the top-25. A great start.

It seemed like the SDSU seniors were the difference. Young showed up ready to play, making plays right away and keeping it up down the stretch. Ober was a handful, blocking/changing shots on defense, rebounding and getting her points. The team lived up to the hype for tonight.

Comment

AJ played the starters together more down the stretch - earlier it seemed like there were never more than 3 playing together at a time. When we had the lead late, need to run the shot clock down unless you have a layup. Took a couple of tough shots with 12 to 15 seconds left on the shot clock in the last 3 minutes. But good to get a quality win right out of the gate.

Comment

I was at the game and noticed that Ober and Ellie both worked their tails off in the off season to be in the best shape of their careers. Last year Ober often looked winded and red faced through out the game and tonight she played didn't look like she slowed at all. Ellie had highlighted her hair in the offseason and I had to check the roster to see who number 45 was. She too I sin better playing shape and almost looks taller then last year. I think when we have them locked in they might be just as hard to prepare for as Miller and Guibert. I also noticed Young has worked on her post moves and with her speed made a Creighton defender look silly with an up and under move. The team defense they played was stifling causing a few shot clock violations against a very good team. Once their offense gets firing on all cylinders this will be one of if not the best teams we have ever had. I expect that Sundays game will give the bench more minutes to help get everyone up to speed. Hopefully we can perform well enough through the non conference schedule to show the country we are worthy of a good seed come playoff time.

Comment

Wichita State beat Creighton 62-54 in Wichita on Sunday. Jackrabbits play there December 21.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Wichita State beat Creighton 62-54 in Wichita on Sunday. Jackrabbits play there December 21.
                I saw that,I did however forget we had them on our schedule this year.Surprising Creighton's starting out 0-2.

Comment

Working...
                X