Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I really question if that would make any difference. Those ladies eat rabbits for lunch, raw.
    Oh yea, we'd get killed, but it would generate some excitement and get U. Conn. a top 25 ooc game.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      Oh yea, we'd get killed, but it would generate some excitement and get U. Conn. a top 25 ooc game.
      a game in which there would be no benefit at all for the jacks. all it would do is put another notch in the belt of wins by 50+ by UConn---and the 50+ would probably be taking the foot off of the gas for the last 2 quarters. no excitement at all.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
        a game in which there would be no benefit at all for the jacks. all it would do is put another notch in the belt of wins by 50+ by UConn---and the 50+ would probably be taking the foot off of the gas for the last 2 quarters. no excitement at all.
        So you think a game against U. conn would not sell out/create excitement. If the #1 team in the country would be willing to travel to Frost it makes it easier for others to do the same. If you think there would be no benefit to them coming here, you are incredibly short sighted.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

If the #1 team in the country would be willing to travel to Frost
          A mighty big IF

Comment

So you think a game against U. conn would not sell out/create excitement. If the #1 team in the country would be willing to travel to Frost it makes it easier for others to do the same. If you think there would be no benefit to them coming here, you are incredibly short sighted.
            Maybe a game at Premiere Center with 12,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              A mighty big IF
              The national runner-up last year did.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Maybe a game at Premiere Center with 12,000.
                Can't play a game in the conference tournament venue.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Can't play a game in the conference tournament venue.
                  The Tennessee coach is very complementary of Sioux Falls. If they wouldn't do a home and home, maybe Sanford would do something in the Pentagon similiar to what they are doing with the men.

Comment

But they did not have the risk of getting lost in the Big Apple. U of Conn does?

Comment

never stated it wouldn't sell out. probably would be a lot of people attend just to see uconn. i'm not sold on the premise that just because uconn came here, then others will follow. probably not quite that simple. "interest", i'll give you. "excitement" i would question.

Comment

The coaching staff has been doing a fine job scheduling OOC games. The recent years have people saying we would be lucky to come through that portion of the year as .500 team. The current formula has brought some good teams to watch at Frost. AJ indicated in a recent interview that there are more strong schedules coming as well.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think Muffet McGraw alluded to the fact that ND absolutely needed a game to complete their scheduling for that year, credit our staff,they seized the opportunity.I don't know if that opportunity will present itself in the future.Hopefully it will.A loss to the Jacks by a p-5 team wouldn't necessarily be considered a bad loss, given our current status as a mid-major power,that helps tremendously in scheduling p-5 conference games.Plus, it would look good on their resume if they beat us.JMO

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                            Interesting read in regards to this.http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/26....co/1p1kqkyV3E
                            What did you find interesting about that piece?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              What did you find interesting about that piece?
                              I knew that men's teams and conferences got big payouts for tournament wins, but did not realize the women do not receive any $ for advancing. That was interesting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                I knew that men's teams and conferences got big payouts for tournament wins, but did not realize the women do not receive any $ for advancing. That was interesting to me.
                                Figured the ncaa would have to based on its equality and title 9.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X