Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 12 SDSU Vs 4 Stanford, Stanford/Palo Alto, CA.

Mike Miller ‏@MikeMiller_13 5m5 minutes ago
    U R a ⭐️ @miller503313! Amazing yr! U and UR team are special. Head high and bounce back. Ghost foul➡️ton of contact

Mike Millers point of view

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Gonna be a weird regional where Tennessee is the distinct underdog of the four teams.
      My wife and I were just talking about that. I really hope it draws well. A good crowd with no local teams present should make it easier for the NCAA to pull the trigger on future tourneys here.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'll agree with your thoughts on not deciding a game, but I'd be willing to say the refs were bad. I saw multiple replays of foul calls with zero contact.

Comment

Should create some positive vibes from the basketball world just getting the last shot for the win one would think....however short lived it will be,we far exceeded what people probably expected of us.

Comment

If we were in the Sioux Falls region macy is shooting two and the game is won by more than one point.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Should create some positive vibes from the basketball world just getting the last shot for the win one would think....however short lived it will be,we far exceeded what people probably expected of us.
              And this is what it will take to get a deserving SDSU into the top-25 early in the 2016-17 season. If you can start off up there, the sky's the limit. This amazing finish raises the bar. It has been a fun month of basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                Proud of our women and the way they played but a Stanford Notre Dame match up is hard to compete with/
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  As of now, you need to be a top 4 seed to host the first two rounds, so don't hold your breath...
                  I guess if you don't think the Jacks are a top 16 team, then you shouldn't hold your breath. I think we are, that's why this lose blows. Starting off in the top 25 next year gives us a shot to start the tourney as a top seed. Start ranked, win your games, win the Summit, host. Is it a long shot, yep. But what the hell, if nothing else, I will get to see some good basketball.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Done talking about the refs. Hell of an effort by our girls; we outplayed Stanford on their home court tonight. Special thanks to Chloe and Gabby. Hope this leaves us hungry for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Have to be a top 4 seed in the women's tournament to host 1st round. But there is a good chance for the men with a new Hotel being built soon. I believe I heard that the SF Sports Authority has to put in bids this summer to host NCAA tournament games in 2019-2022. Pack the Premier Center this year at the regional to help with the bidding process!
                      I hate that with the women's Tournament,then they can't ever bit** about the games not being competative enough and dwindling attendance figures...cause they're the major cause of that ....IMO

Even the beneficiaries of that rule,the ones that get to host,will soon find the benefit not so alluring when they go and witness blow out after blow out,unless you draw a team like SDSU, that makes you fight hard,even on your home court.Making the battle even more up hill than it normally is and watching blowout after blow out.....who wants to watch that.....the NCAA thinks you do.

One poster on another board said if teams want to host (the ones who do have somehow earned that right,what?),they should go out and schedule P-5 teams and beat them and not complain about the rule letting the top 4 seeds host ,he seemed to omit quite conveniently that they won't even schedule Home and Home games with mid-majors to make that proposal some what fair either(again.... cowardice )One thing I can't stand is being critical and showing cowardliness at the same time.Just seems hypocritical to me.I'm old school,you say you're better,quit ducking the competition.It's like the heavyweight champion who won't give the leading contender a title shot because he fears he may lose,same thing.

This poster stated his view responding to a thread about a couple of coaches who were kind of out-spoken in favor of all games being played as much as possible on a neutral court and not giving anyone the advantage of playing on their home court,if possible....wow, what a novel idea ,huh!Then again ,if attendance is the main issue,why did they put the Jacks in the Lexington region,if they were put in the Sioux Falls Regional and made it,what'd that do for attendance.Too many inconsistencies based on who knows what with their rules.END of rant.....give me a snicker bar!!!
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-21-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        1,961 is the announced attendence in Stanford tonight?

Wow.

And not in-a-good-way "wow."
                        And this is supposedly the reason why the top seeds get two home games to start the tournament. $ And people wonder why only a handful of 12 seeds have made the Sweet 16. They said Stanford was something like 33-4 in home NCAA tournament games - that's ridiculous. That's almost 20 years of getting to play your first two tournament games while sleeping in your own beds. Do those fouls and no-calls get called the same on a neutral court ? We'll never know I guess.

Comment

Put themselves in position to win, but it just didn't happen. Heard the announcers talking about how Stanford didn't have a senior in the starting lineup. Same goes for SDSU. What a great year. Proud fan here. Very proud.

Comment

One more thing...AJ = class. That guy went directly to Stanford's coach and congratulated her. Glad we have him and his staff to recruit the quality people that play in our program.
                            Last edited by JackAttack44; 03-21-2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

That is a pathetic attendance by Stanford. With the history they have their, I don't see how they can sell out every game. Muffet McGraw definitely wouldn't take the mic and thank the crowd there.

Was the women's tournament ever on neutral courts?

Comment

13.1 seconds +3 points = 2 missed Sweet Sixteen appearances. Great job ladies. Think there might be some more P5 teams that want nothing to do with the Jacks next ooc games schedule.
                                Last edited by SturgisJeff; 03-21-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X