Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs. Coyotes --- Summit League Championship

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
    I like Coach Williams and the fire in her belly. She is chasing a legend in Aaron Johnston. And, a young legend at that. This is where I get made at myself. When we lost to USD twice this year and lost the conference championship I wondered about AJ. Now, I wonder about myself.
    She will have her work cut out for her next season. Loses Seekamp, Stewart, Hemiller and McCloud from the starting lineup. That's a lot of scoring and leadership to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Just watched the replay of the game at home. Whats with all the glitches?
      They are called refs and there are at least 3 every game......
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I like Coach Williams and the fire in her belly. She is chasing a legend in Aaron Johnston. And, a young legend at that. This is where I get made at myself. When we lost to USD twice this year and lost the conference championship I wondered about AJ. Now, I wonder about myself.
        AJ is a victim of his own success. How many coaches go into every season penciled into the league tournament final? We have been very spoiled when it comes to WBB.
        I keep expecting a let down at some point. But then, boom, another tournament championship.

SDSU, and now USD, are changing the culture of the Summit League. The SL will be a two bid conference sooner than we think.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think for some of the players sadly might expect this too. Where the grind of the season loses its starch when when confrence season starts. you play a great non conference slate. And every year the high of the ncaa tourny. Probably a littlt let down happen. But when its time to shine they are ready again.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            AJ is a victim of his own success. How many coaches go into every season penciled into the league tournament final? We have been very spoiled when it comes to WBB.
            I keep expecting a let down at some point. But then, boom, another tournament championship.

SDSU, and now USD, are changing the culture of the Summit League. The SL will be a two bid conference sooner than we think.
            Very,very true.I'm really impressed with the recruits Amy has been getting,especially without the notoriety that AJ has and puts to good use for the "recruiting wars" for the best players from the Midwest ,mainly. I predict it won't take too long and USD will again be pushing us to stay ahead.

We will know we've arrived when we (The Summit) start scheduling and beating the Mich. States of the world like IPFW did,and the other conference schools like W. Ill (really should have beat Iowa this year) on a more regular basis.I think the Summit teams are grtting tougher,but it's SDSU and USD leading the way,and if they both keep getting better,it won't be long before one of them gets an at-large if they fall in the Conference Tournament Championship game,if they've got a good enough resume.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-08-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              They are called refs and there are at least 3 every game......
              I've called them worse than "glitches"

Comment

any links to amy williams' presser?

Comment

two coaches we love to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    any links to amy williams' presser?
                    It is in the Argus story and I honestly didn't see anything bad about the press conference.

Edit: word
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

That's awesome stuff!

Comment

Picture of Amy is not her yelling at a ref, it's her asking a ref if WIU just called a full or a 30 second timeout after the Raeshel Contreras 3-pointer 2 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                          Nitpicking, but just watched press conference.

USD Coach Williams did NOT compliment the Jacks or say congratulations. She did at one point say "there were 2 tremendous teams out there", but no compliments.

AJ, one of the first thing he said was Congratulations to USD, and they have a great team, and a special group of players.

I suppose not fair to pile on after a heartbreaking loss for them. But still, I was glad to see AJ give respect to the opponents.
                          AJ didn't say anything good about USD after the game in Vermillion. Don't use postgame press conferences as a measuring stick for "respect" for coaches

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                            AJ didn't say anything good about USD after the game in Vermillion. Don't use postgame press conferences as a measuring stick for "respect" for coaches
                            Ok. Ill use her coaching antics.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Ok. Ill use her coaching antics.
                              It's a two way street. I'm sure you're a Nagy fan, right?

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                                It's a two way street. I'm sure you're a Nagy fan, right?
                                Calm down francis. That was sarcasm. Huge Nagy fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X