The Summit Tournament begins.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit Tournament begins.....

Our turn.....Jacks vs Omaha....we jump out to a huge lead, crazy hot shooting,but now we are a tad bit fast and not patient,missing the three's we couldn't miss at the start of the game.We are expecting our hot shooting streak to go on for the whole game I guess.Omaha can hit three's too.so we can't take 6 seconds on a 30 second shot clock every possession,that's a good way to lose a lead fast,especially doing nothing but jacking up three's and missing them....just take the wide open ones plzzzz.I'd like to see us get some dribble penetration to the bucket going, some screens,double screens, high low action ,take the open three's , really give them a lot to think about.All in all, a good game so far...got to get back to the tv.....

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
      I think you are sitting right behind me!! At least that would make alot of sense
      no i'm watching from michigan on the computer and its real obvious on tv

Comment

the good quarter bad quarter thing again, hot in the first 31pts, cold in the second 10pts. cant beat usd doing that crap

Comment

Have to feel pretty good over all with bench play...yea only three points on 1-6 shooting, and if that's the only thing you looked at you'd say.....what???But, they all played good defense, played hard and gave some of our starters a little breather.The "other" stats are good...OR, 4 of the 10 offensive rebounds total for the half, in 40 min combined playing time...RB,8/31 total rebounds...STL's 4/6.....Assists 10/18....oops lost the page ,2nd half starting.... to's 1/3 I think, anyway, they earned their keep that first half....the shots will come
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-07-2016, 06:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Defense, stout. Offense, good, but not as outstanding as us demanding fans expect. But a 20 point blowout win. This rabid fan is happy.

Comment

If I could,be somewhat wishful for next year mainly ,it would really be nice if Ellie and Ober ,the whole team really, could further their development a little more in shooting off the glass with more touch, not too hard, not too soft, and make a higher percentage of those types of shots.Become masters of the glass. It would help a lot in tight games if we could count on just a few more of those dropping in for us. I think Clarissa and Ellie could dominate the Summit if they were able to develop that particular skill set a little more. On to more important issues, sorry for the wishful thinking out loud again.

sidenote: I just had to look it up out of curiosity, and I knew they had that catgory listed in the record book, but the record for most consecutive three point shots in a game is eleven,Tcu VS Lemar,Mar 3,1996

link: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_bask...2015/DIWBB.pdf (p. 18)
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-07-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

The "big" one,,,,the SLT Championship game

The Championship game ,should be a game where it's hard to score, for both teams, if each team brings it as they have all year defensively.That being said, taking care of the ball and taking good shots, more heads up play, all the other things beside shooting, will take on an even more added significance ,and will probably help decide which of these two teams will emerge as a Champion. It will all come down to who has the mental toughness to play good, without helping the other team in any way, shape or manner.Simple Idea, but sometimes it's just hard to do unless a team can show the poise and composure of a Champion.

Win or lose,the one who goes dancing will get my support as the SL rep and I'll root for either one to do well. It's just that I really,really hope it's the Jacks,and I feel pretty good about their chances......move along little bunny, take the next step.....Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                X