The Summit Tournament begins.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Summit Tournament begins.....

Denver vs the U.....Denver showing what the team with the most energy can do, giving the Yotes a real battle....one observation, the kickout to Stewerts favorite shot at the top of the key for three will get stolen by some team who's looking for that pass, it's almost automatic for USD when the drive to the basket gets cut off, most of the time the pass is made without thought if someone is in position to steal the pass. It looks like it's a dangerous pass to me, but I don't think they've had a lot of these stolen, that's why I think they are suceptable to having it stolen. Now watch, it probably won't happen since I've made this prediction.

I can see how the Yotes are a good rebounding team, they work hard at it, plus Denver isn't boxing out very good, and they don't put players into good rebounding position when shooting on their end.

I don't see Denver pulling off the upset, but srtanger things have happened. What i'd like to see is USD struggling a little shooting and Denver planting a little doubt about their shooting in their heads. I don't want to see them just destroying Denver and them gaining even more confidence for the remaining games,they've got enough the way it is.So far, Denvers playing very well for a #8 vs a#1.

Denver can hang with USD for one, maybe two quarters,but not 4,or 3 quarters,USD 's depth starting to take away the energy level Denver started the game with. They are getting more fouls called on them as they tire also, can't move their feet fast enough with being tired,so bump with the body a little harder.

Denvers fading fast the second half, making mistakes like leaving USD's best perimeter players wide open for shots, and USD is taking advantage, increasing their lead.Hemiller has made two three's in a row....it all starts because you allow her to gain confidence shooting...have to implant a little doubt into good shooters heads,or they gain confidence with each shot they make,and they end up really hurting you.

Funny how the weaker team always seems to self destruct as the game progresses, it's almost like it's been scripted to happen that way.The Yotes are stretching the lead out,this game is just about done.Denvers spent,three maroon players under the basket one Yote,the Yote gets the rebound,not much energy left for the roster depleted Denver women,but a valiant effort on their part.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-05-2016, 01:49 PM.

Re: The Summit Tournament begins.....

The first half felt like a bad HS game. Ugly. The U is lucky they are facing Denver today. I expect they'll get it together pretty quickly in the second half.

Comment

Got some obnoxiously drunk USD fans behind me cussing and being idiots during a 17 point game. More white collar worker USD grads I guess...

Comment

Jacks vs IPFW.....I like how the Jacks are aggressively creating offensive opportunities,not just settling for bad shots late in the shot clock,they play a lot better when they play this style

Comment

Fundamentals,they either help you when you master them,or hinder you when you don't.We are aggressive still,but not focused ,or patient enough to let your opponent make their mistakes and be ready to take advantage when they do,still like we don't look completely flat offensively.

Comment

Big lead, hope we don't start giving it back a little at a time until it gets to nothing, like we have done at times, because we go in a scoring drought of our own. Defense solid again.

Comment

Bunch for IPFW plays hard, with a little bit of a chip on her shoulder, I think she'll turn out to be a very good player for the Dons.

Comment

First half with 4 or more starters on the court, out scoring IPFW 14-2. With 2 or more bench players on the court, it's 22-17.

Comment

Very nice opening half. It's great to see Miller playing at a high level.

The infamous third quarter approaches. It would be nice to avoid the offensive shutdown that has so often hit.

Comment

Semifinals....USD vs ORU

ORU not playing well,missed their first three shots and got rattled.....rushing downcourt and forcing up really bad shots....totally falling apart and actually helping USD by their poor play to go out to a big lead......can't ever value too much a team that has that has composure and dicipline to not over-react to being down a little to start a game.USD couldn't of scripted a better start,to their credit they came out hard defensively to get ORU frustrated.So much of basketball is who's the stronger team mentally as well as physically.

Comment

I think USD has shown what their modus operandi pretty much is,come out strong defensively and get teams rattled as much as possible,especially if they start out shooting well themselves.They seem to be able to play physical while eluding fouls being called on them,which is probably the biggest thing when you play with as much physicality as they do.I think the Jacks will do well matching their physicality with physical play of their own,and that's what you have to do against them,IMO

Comment

not a fan of oru but they are getting hosed on the no foul calls on usd. some pretty obvious ones not being called on usd that are called on oru

Comment

USD beats Oral Roberts 78-61. Game was over in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            not a fan of oru but they are getting hosed on the no foul calls on usd. some pretty obvious ones not being called on usd that are called on oru
                            That's the only thing about basketball that's hard to live with once in awhile, how subjective some of the calls are by the ref's.The same thing occurs, but the ref's seem to be blind to it for one team, but he "sees" it for the other. I'm sure the players are used to it, and can block the frustration out better than some of us fans do , me particularly.Although unintentional, as most refs try and be as objective as they can in calling the game,it none the less does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

I think you are sitting right behind me!! At least that would make alot of sense

Comment

Working...
                              X