GDT:Jackrabbits vs. The Leathernecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits vs. The Leathernecks

Nice effort frok the bench today giving us 27 points. If they can continue to produce those kind of points we will do well. Really, they are the difference in games we score well and those we don't. They need to give us 20 plus points per game if we really want to be successful going forward.

Perfect game and to be without Ober as Western has literally no post game. All their points in the paint are off dribble penetration. Basically this game was over at half as we just seemed to coast in the second half.

Ellie really struggled tonight. She missed at least 5 shots from point blank range. Luckily it didn't hurt us.

Maddy G. Was lights out tonight. Seems she is getting more and more comfortable in the college game. Will be exciting to see what she can do going forward. Frosh of the year?

Kerri was stroking it tonight. She may be the fastest player in a straight line in space in the league. She seems to have at least on dropped pass for a TO every game and needs to play stronger with the ball though.

Macy really played within herself and got teammates good looks. I don't like seeing her with only 8 shots, but tonight her offense wasn't needed.

Chloe and Alexis still play too timid for my liking. They have a few plays each game where they are aggressive and good things happen, but the rest of the game they pass around the perimeter and the offense seems to stall. Western really seemed to extend their defense when these two were in the game.

Palmer played better offensively including a nice drive with a contested mid range jumper to beat the shot clock. However, she is a liability on defense. Had good rebounding numbers but gave up a wide open three and 2 easy lay ups when she completely lost her player.

Tiffany Flaata made a couple of nice moves including a baseline drive that she finished with her left. She could use more explosion when attacking the rim though.

Gabby by has defensive instincts that are at a level no one else on this team has.

just my thoughts anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Nice effort frok the bench today giving us 27 points. If they can continue to produce those kind of points we will do well. Really, they are the difference in games we score well and those we don't. They need to give us 20 plus points per game if we really want to be successful going forward.

Perfect game and to be without Ober as Western has literally no post game. All their points in the paint are off dribble penetration. Basically this game was over at half as we just seemed to coast in the second half.

Ellie really struggled tonight. She missed at least 5 shots from point blank range. Luckily it didn't hurt us.

Maddy G. Was lights out tonight. Seems she is getting more and more comfortable in the college game. Will be exciting to see what she can do going forward. Frosh of the year?

Kerri was stroking it tonight. She may be the fastest player in a straight line in space in the league. She seems to have at least on dropped pass for a TO every game and needs to play stronger with the ball though.

Macy really played within herself and got teammates good looks. I don't like seeing her with only 8 shots, but tonight her offense wasn't needed.

Chloe and Alexis still play too timid for my liking. They have a few plays each game where they are aggressive and good things happen, but the rest of the game they pass around the perimeter and the offense seems to stall. Western really seemed to extend their defense when these two were in the game.

Palmer played better offensively including a nice drive with a contested mid range jumper to beat the shot clock. However, she is a liability on defense. Had good rebounding numbers but gave up a wide open three and 2 easy lay ups when she completely lost her player.

Tiffany Flaata made a couple of nice moves including a baseline drive that she finished with her left. She could use more explosion when attacking the rim though.

Gabby by has defensive instincts that are at a level no one else on this team has.

just my thoughts anyway.
      I don't think asking 20+ points from the bench per game is asking a whole lot from them, they should be capable of providing that, given they get the chances to score the opponents provide to them from the normal flow of our offense. They'll have to capitalize on their opportunities of course,a lot will depend on that I think.They will all ,along with the starters, benefit greatly by playing well when they get their call.

By the end of the season,we will be a much improved team if all get better each game and everyone gets all they can from the minutes they get on the court.There's really no substitute for actual game experience for absorbing knowledge and doing what you've been practicing in an actual game, where all the variables are experienced and the reflex actions and motor skills are honed for actual game speed scenarios that can't be replicated in a practice environment.

I'm talking mainly underclassmen here,the two seniors should already be considered veterans,although all can benefit when everything starts running more smoothly from everyone becoming better and contributing more,.....who knows what the limits are,until you arrive there.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-24-2016, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Let me get my book mark...geesh.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Deleted after an unintentional inappropriate remark
          Last edited by Jacked4Days; 01-29-2016, 12:32 AM.
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

GREAT game for the Jacks. Lots of time for the far end of bench, lots of rookie mistakes made,but i'm certain AJ WILL convert those into scrimmage drills and have the players learn from them. Madison Guebert is indeed setting up to be Summit frosh of year. Reminds me of Jill Young quality player. Like others stated, if getting multiple 3s shooters going each game, Jacks will be scary tough in Summit league play.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
              Finally a good old fashioned motor boat race
              You guys really don't know what "motorboating" is, do you?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

A well played game. Thompson is good player, but she needs to finish strong. She gets in great position, but just doesn't put it in. She had many missed layups. Her FG% playing the post should be over 50%.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

See below
                  Last edited by Jacked4Days; 01-29-2016, 12:33 AM.
                  "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Let me get my book mark...geesh.
                    LOL,...sorry for the length,I tend to type something,embellish it a little,expound on it further,....,you get the picture ,I get carried away sometimes. Got to work a little harder on my short,precise and to the point.

Comment

Nice read about AJ in Womens Hoops World

http://womenshoopsworld.com/2016/01/...te-university/

Comment

Working...
                      X