The Summit begins. GDT: SDSU @ Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit begins. GDT: SDSU @ Denver

Hard to know what to say about this game. We thumped a bad team who was further weakened by injuries to 4 starters. I guess we did what you would expect us to do. I really was hoping for a break out game from our bigs with the start of conference play. Ober has been really good defensively, but she needs to improve offensively. Thompson has shown flashes on both ends, but I would like to see more consistency out of her. Flaata and Mieras have a lot to prove to me they belong at this level. I really thought they would get more minutes in this game. Good too see Palmer get some minutes. Would like to see her get confident and maybe give us some solid minutes as a stretch 4 type player.

it was good to see Geubert shoot well. Hopefully she can continue to grow in that area over the conference season. We are going to be a team that launches a lot of 3's so we need at least one solid knock down shooter. Hopefully she can fill that role. Now, time to bring a beat down to NDSU!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Agree. Guebert has shown flashes but hasn't been consistent offensively. I believe it will come as she adjusts to the college game. I believe I heard AJ say he really likes her defense and that's why she's been starting.
      I'd also add that she takes care of the ball too. Guebert has contributed a lot already and she's only fourteen games into her college career.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I think that Guebert will be a really good player but right now, I think she is still adjusting to the game. She was 5-6 this game and 6-8 four games ago but she has had plenty of games where she has struggled.

If you go from this game back, she has shot-
        5-6, 2-9, 2-7, 6-8, 1-5, 2-5, 5-9, 5-15,2-10, 3-7, 1-4, 1-6, 1-8, 3-10, 5-9 and 3-10.

If she can play like she did last night, this team will be really tough to beat.
        I think the majority of the bad ones were at the start of the season ,she's settling in pretty good now at the collegiate level and looking much more like the player we thought she'd be,comfortable and confident and doing very well.Wonder if she'll get close to Jill's career (and school/Summit record) three point mark of 305 ,I believe.She's capable of making a run at it,but far too early in her career to predict such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          Hard to know what to say about this game. We thumped a bad team who was further weakened by injuries to 4 starters. I guess we did what you would expect us to do. I really was hoping for a break out game from our bigs with the start of conference play. Ober has been really good defensively, but she needs to improve offensively. Thompson has shown flashes on both ends, but I would like to see more consistency out of her. Flaata and Mieras have a lot to prove to me they belong at this level. I really thought they would get more minutes in this game. Good too see Palmer get some minutes. Would like to see her get confident and maybe give us some solid minutes as a stretch 4 type player.

it was good to see Geubert shoot well. Hopefully she can continue to grow in that area over the conference season. We are going to be a team that launches a lot of 3's so we need at least one solid knock down shooter. Hopefully she can fill that role. Now, time to bring a beat down to NDSU!
          I think this years team understands how damaging any losses to Summit teams can be.The reasoning is that if we have a 13-3 record in the Summit ,and there are 10 or more teams with an identical conference record playing in P-5 conferences,you know who's going to get the spot,and it's not a mid-major coming from a weak conference.

This year seems to be particularly tough year to get an at-large bid if you're a mid-major.In a usual year,there are a couple of the top mid-majors either in the top 25, or getting votes. Not this year, there are far too many power five teams with really good records ,lots undefeated yet even, for there to be much consideration given to mid-majors.There hasn't been the usual turmoil associated with teams being upset in the ooc games this year,these undefeated teams have pretty much steamrolled everyone they've played.Add to that,every ranked team that doesn't win it's conference auto-bid,takes away an at-large spot ,and there are only 32 for all the Div 1 teams to begin with.

To make a long story short, I think this team will stay focused and energized enough to stay in the picture for an at-large bid if they should have to need one. Also helps for seeding purposes to run through the conference with no hiccups.

It'd be super nice to make it to Sioux Falls twice this year.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-01-2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X