GDT: SDSU @ UW-GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ UW-GB

This is the game I expected between two of the best mid-majors in the country. The women had a chance to put the game away early in the second half and could not do it. It's always easy to point out the one play at the end of the game, but there were many others earlier that would have swung the game in our favor.

This loss doesn't change anything. The goal is the win the conference tournament. Games like this will help them do that.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Wonder if we have a bunch of special plays drawn up for end of game situations where there's limited time to run the play.Some of our plays take way too long to develop and we end up with a crappy shot anyhow. I don't think Obers our highest percentage shooter from the perimeter,but i'd say she's pretty good and likely to be open,wonder if she got the nod or she got stuck with taking the shot.Guess i'll never know.Oh well.win some ,lose some.

Comment

Lots of times a TO actually does work against you.It allows the defense to set up and force you to take the outside shot.Make it and your brilliant for calling the TO,miss it and your the goat.We had the chance to win it on their home floor.Just missed it is all.

Two years in a row it's come down to the last shot,once for the tie,tonight for the win.We never made either.Hope we get another chance,the law of averages says we are bound to eventually start to even things out.

Comment

Watched the replay, I missed the live video play ending of the game.Feel better about the Time Out. I didn't know we only had 1.6 seconds instead of, I thought six seconds. AJ got the ball in the right players hands, just that the foul was called non-shooting. At that point,you had to let whoever had the shot take it,that was Clarissa and she was close.The women played hard and were in position to win a big game in a hostile environment against a very good team.We coulda, shoulda,woulda done a lot of things differently , better,but we didn't.Time to archive this game and go on to the next one.

Comment

GB had only 9 fouls for the game. Is that a record?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              GB had only 9 fouls for the game. Is that a record?
              Just so happens,I have the link bookmarked,believe it or not 0 is.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Watched the replay, I missed the live video play ending of the game.Feel better about the Time Out. I didn't know we only had 1.6 seconds instead of, I thought six seconds. AJ got the ball in the right players hands, just that the foul was called non-shooting. At that point,you had to let whoever had the shot take it,that was Clarissa and she was close.The women played hard and were in position to win a big game in a hostile environment against a very good team.We coulda, shoulda,woulda done a lot of things differently , better,but we didn't.Time to archive this game and go on to the next one.
                The timeout I question was the one called with 6 seconds left when Miller was at the top of the key and had just passed to Young on the wing who was wide open for a three. Didn't really matter that we called a timeout with just over a second left since play had stopped anyway when Macy was fouled.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  The timeout I question was the one called with 6 seconds left when Miller was at the top of the key and had just passed to Young on the wing who was wide open for a three. Didn't really matter that we called a timeout with just over a second left since play had stopped anyway when Macy was fouled.
                  exactly---i didn't agree at all with letting the clock get down to 6 seconds and call a TO. i would have much rather seen the TO called as soon as you get the ball across the half court line (i believe it would have left around 15 seconds left). i don't know if green bay knew what they were doing or not when they fouled macy with 1+ left. i was yelling at the tv they had at least one foul to give and would make things much more difficult. unfortunately, that's what happened.

Comment

Actually Miller had swung it to Young who was wide open for a three as they called the TO. I agree that would have been a much better option than what they ended up with.
                    Yeah, i watched it again and you're right, she passes it off when he called the TO. That's probably why he called then because he saw nothing was happening.As far as the last shot, that was a pretty wide open look considering they in-bounded it with less than 2 seconds left. Oh well....

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                      exactly---i didn't agree at all with letting the clock get down to 6 seconds and call a TO. i would have much rather seen the TO called as soon as you get the ball across the half court line (i believe it would have left around 15 seconds left). i don't know if green bay knew what they were doing or not when they fouled macy with 1+ left. i was yelling at the tv they had at least one foul to give and would make things much more difficult. unfortunately, that's what happened.
                      If Green Bay intended that to be the foul to give, they had nerves of steel to wait that long. A fraction of a second later and Miller would have been at the line to give the Jacks the lead with a second to go. To me, it was already debatable if Miller had started the process of shooting.

Comment

If Green Bay intended that to be the foul to give, they had nerves of steel to wait that long. A fraction of a second later and Miller would have been at the line to give the Jacks the lead with a second to go. To me, it was already debatable if Miller had started the process of shooting.
                        no doubt. i thought she would foul a bit sooner on that drive---i wasn't sure how many fouls GB had to give---i knew they had at least the one. would have to look at replay, but, i thought the foul could have been called earlier in the process. maybe that's what the ref was thinking---if so, they should have checked the clock. and, yes, a different ref may have called it "in the act of shooting". just frustrating they had to settle for a 3.

Comment

I think she was in the act of shooting too,but a little before that 1/2 sec or so...there was some contact,but no whistle,the whistle wasn't blown until it became clear something had to be called. Late call,if he was calling the contact before Macy appeared to be fouled in the act of shooting. The ref made his choice of calls. It could have went either way. The end. Anyway,we had our shot with Ober,it was pretty close.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-20-2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            I think she was in the act of shooting too,but a little before that 1/2 sec or so...there was some contact,but no whistle,the whistle wasn't blown until it became clear something had to be called. Late call,if he was calling the contact before Macy appeared to be fouled in the act of shooting. The ref made his choice of calls. It could have went either way. The end. Anyway,we had our shot with Ober,it was pretty close.
                            I was surprised they ran that play with your post player who hadn't hit a shot the entire game as the primary option for a three. I would have thought they would have tried to run Young or Guebert to that spot. Also, didn't Miller do the inbounds pass ? You would think you would want her out on the floor as a shot option, if for no other reason that she probably would have drawn a double team. In a situation like that which had to be a catch and shoot, I would have been tempted to put 5 perimeter players on the floor.

Comment

I was surprised they ran that play with your post player who hadn't hit a shot the entire game as the primary option for a three. I would have thought they would have tried to run Young or Guebert to that spot. Also, didn't Miller do the inbounds pass ? You would think you would want her out on the floor as a shot option, if for no other reason that she probably would have drawn a double team. In a situation like that which had to be a catch and shoot, I would have been tempted to put 5 perimeter players on the floor.
                              Interesting,I looked at the last sub-in at 7 sec (before or during TO? )Guebert went in and i think it was Boever went out.Young and Miller were already in i think.Clarissa has hit big three's before,she's more than capable of hitting it.I'll have to re-check who exactly was in that last 7 seconds or so.

The five on the court for the last 7 seconds were Guebert,Young,Miller,Ober,Thompson.All capable of making a wide open three.They had to defend right underneath the bucket too,because a two pt shot would also win it for the Jacks.Don't know how Ober got rotated out on the perimeter being the tallest on the court for the Jacks,but she was wide open and had no time to pass it.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-20-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Zimmer has article on Madison Guebert in today's paper.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X