GDT: Jackrabbits @ Bluejays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits @ Bluejays

Creighton is facing a tough road with 2 of their top players on the bench with injuries. Janning and Rollerson are both on crutches for an extended period that may end both of their careers on the sideline. There is a chance they could both be back next year or Janning may yet recover late this season. The Bluejays have a 3 game losing streak since Janning was injured. All of those games were on the road. Creighton may still be looking for the rotation that works. They have been starting 3 sophomores, a freshman, and a junior. There is only one senior left on the team that comes off the bench. They were averaging 74 points before Janning went down and 58 points in the past 3 games. The Jackrabbits should have a better opportunity to beat Creighton with the injury situation. The game will be on Jay Vision for free at 6:55. Go Jacks!!
    Video (Free): http://gocreighton.com/watch
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits @ Bluejays

not sure who posted this should be an "auto" 'W' because of the creighton injuries---in the words of lee corso, "not so fast, my friend". there are still two big things to deal with:
    1. @creighton
    2. audrey faber

works and faber can be a formidable duo. especially faber. at 6' 2", faber can play anywhere on the court and as a freshman, she has the ability to take over this game. i would be very surprised if creighton doesn't come out and try to spread the floor on offense, get her the ball and let her do her thing.

i would be shocked if this turns into a big win (re: points) by the jacks.

the way faber is playing, she will contend for Big East FPOY.

Comment

I said it should almost be an automatic "W". Janning is a huge difference maker. They are a completely different team without her on the court. It won't be a blowout or anything. If SDSU can play to their potential, there is no reason why they can't win this game.

Faber will be a handful. No doubt about that. They will need someone else to step up and have a big game if they want to win tonight. They haven't been that impressive since Janning went down. They have 3 straight road loses to mediocre teams.

Kind of weird how this is the Jacks 1st true road game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        I said it should almost be an automatic "W". Janning is a huge difference maker. They are a completely different team without her on the court. It won't be a blowout or anything. If SDSU can play to their potential, there is no reason why they can't win this game.

Faber will be a handful. No doubt about that. They will need someone else to step up and have a big game if they want to win tonight. They haven't been that impressive since Janning went down. They have 3 straight road loses to mediocre teams.

Kind of weird how this is the Jacks 1st true road game this year.
        yes, you are correct. Janning and Rollerson are a huge loss. i think it takes a couple games to adjust to such a blow. they have a pretty good coach and still think they will be a tough team to play, especially on their court.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          IIf SDSU can play to their potential, there is no reason why they can't win.
          True, but I can't say I've see SDSU have a good game since Maryland. They've had a few good quarters within games. Put it together today and pick up a win. My guess is that there won't be anything easy about this one.

I'd really like to see Ober and Thompson have good offensive games. Thompson was on a roll in the second half the other night. That sure takes a lot of pressure off 3-point shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            True, but I can't say I've see SDSU have a good game since Maryland. They've had a few good quarters within games. Put it together today and pick up a win. My guess is that there won't be anything easy about this one.

I'd really like to see Ober and Thompson have good offensive games. Thompson was on a roll in the second half the other night. That sure takes a lot of pressure off 3-point shooting.
            Even the Maryland game had a disappointing first quarter and part of the second quarter. There was a missing Ober in the UNI game in the first half due to a couple of touch fouls in the first 4-5 minutes. Ober had 2 double double games prior to that game. The second half of the UNI game brought back that Thompson that been missing for a few days. If the ball can go to the inside with some success, that certainly leaves more open 3's. The women only really had a bad second quarter against UNI which dug a really deep hole. The underlying theme with this team is that they do not resign from the game. It would make it easier if they could just blow everyone out in the first half and cruise. We are just a little weaker at the backup for a 4 or 5. Gabby has been doing a commendable job, but it would be nice to have another backup 5 and leave Thompson at the 4.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

The two bigs have to stay out of foul trouble - they weren't on the court together very much in the UNI game.

Comment

ODU was a great win. Matched the '09 TCU first NCAA round game.

Comment

The IUPUI men are playing at Creighton right now ( on FS1).

SDSU women and Creighton women get the prime-time game?

Comment

The video looks great so far. Multiple cameras, nice and clear. Free and (apparently) high quality. Well done Creighton.

Sounds like the Jacks have a decent fan section.

Jacks start fast. Hit first two. 4-0.

Comment

END of 1st, Jacks 8, Bluejays 11

Comment

Ugly first 1/2. Down 24-22.

Comment

Only good news is that no one is in foul trouble....

I'm feeling a really good 3rd quarter from the Jacks or a really bad one.

Comment

Yeah, more of the same that we've seen the past two weeks. Turnovers and missed shots. The Creighton defense has contested most shots very well, though. Still, 8 points in the first quarter is brutal.

This game is still more than winnable, thanks to good defense and less than stellar shooting by Creighton.

What happened to the Macy Miller that was scoring like crazy early in the season?

Comment

Looks like another game that's going to go down to the wire. Certainly nothing new for the Jacks.

The third period was better for both teams. Hopefully we don't wait until the last two minutes to make a move tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X