Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Northern Iowa

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    btw did I just hear as the radio broadcast went to comercial that UNI is now 3-5? Not great. But it is a win. This team has looked so good and then other times... Big ramp up for conference season needed in the next few weeks.
    No, not a team on the verge of breaking into the top 25, but they are one that would certainly contend for the title in the Summit. AJ mentioned their tough schedule in the pregame. Losses to Iowa, ISU, Seton Hall and a bad one to UND.

The Jacks definitely are/were in need of a wake up call. Three big tests are coming very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      No, not a team on the verge of breaking into the top 25, but they are one that would certainly contend for the title in the Summit. AJ mentioned their tough schedule in the pregame. Losses to Iowa, ISU, Seton Hall and a bad one to UND.

The Jacks definitely are/were in need of a wake up call. Three big tests are coming very soon.
      Isn't vogel and green bay coming up soon. That will be a tough one.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Isn't vogel and green bay coming up soon. That will be a tough one.
        Next four are all tough. Creighton, DePaul, Green Bay and Bowling Green.

Comment

The women missed many shots in the paint. The good news was that the game was winnable in regulation with Young taking the little floater type shot at the buzzer. There were many things that happened in the first half that should be forgotten so as not to carry bad memories around. AJ mentioned in the postgame we may need to evaluate defense since so many touch fouls were called. Also, it may have not been called as close on the UNI defense. Thompson was a beast in the second half with steals, rebounds, and scoring. It was a contrast to her first half where she was not as engaged. UNI had 18 assists on 24 made shots. SDSU had 11 assists on 30 made shots. Panthers did a nice job of moving the ball. This is the same team that beat the Seekampless yotes by 21. The Jackrabbits did not quit or succumb to a tough situation which is an important thing to take from this game. 4 more OOC games before Christmas that will have 3 on the road. Creighton and Green Bay will be stiff tests on the road that will require a huge reduction in mistakes. It should be doable. DePaul will be the stiffest competition and SDSU will need a Notre Dame/Maryland type effort to get the W. I still wish we could have had a boring win tonight.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Highlights just posted on youtube:

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

FWIW: While the CBN RBI (Sagarin) ratings can miss, IMO they give the best parameters for how a game shapes up. Based on ratings today, we were 5 pt favorites playing UNI on our home floor (won by 3 in double OT). To get an idea of how tough the next three games are, here is what the predictor is: Creighton will be a 4 point favorite (home floor advantage is 3.27 points); DePaul (#10 in ratings) will be a 14 point favorite on our floor; Green Bay will be an 11 point favorite on their court. Bowling Green doesn't rank that high, and we will be favored by 10 at home.

One more: At the current ranking, USD would be a 5 point favorite there, and we would be a 1 point favorite at home. Personally, I think the home court advantage in this game would be a little higher, so a split is likely.

Comment

Hopefully all these close wins will pay off down the stretch. The way it has gone reminds me of the NDSU men's team last year - they had a bunch of last minute wins. By the end of the season it was clear that if you let them hang around they knew how to close out a game and would find a way to do it. Hopefully we are building that same late-game confidence and resilience during this funk.

I'm hoping for a 4-0 finish to the OOC season, but the realist in me is expecting 2-2, and that would take some work. Bowling Green is the only one we can almost "expect" to win if there's not some return to early-season form.

Comment

I like that we found a renewed energy for working the ball into the paint,along with our excellent three point shooting makes us a dangerous team for anyone to face.I'll give it 50/50 chance on Creighton,DePaul and Green Bay,we should be able to get a 'W' at Bowling Green,but we might have to fight hard for that one too....aller UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I like that we found a renewed energy for working the ball into the paint,along with our excellent three point shooting makes us a dangerous team for anyone to face.I'll give it 50/50 chance on Creighton,DePaul and Green Bay,we should be able to get a 'W' at Bowling Green,but we might have to fight hard for that one too....aller UNI.
                    @Creighton should almost be a automatic "W" if Janning is out. They lost to a poor Kansas team as well as a bad Utah team.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/injur...7cb0a9f7a.html

I think 3-1 over this stretch is very realistic. The Jacks should be able to steal a game from DePaul or Green Bay if they play like they can.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      @Creighton should almost be a automatic "W" if Janning is out. They lost to a poor Kansas team as well as a bad Utah team.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/injur...7cb0a9f7a.html

I think 3-1 over this stretch is very realistic. The Jacks should be able to steal a game from DePaul or Green Bay if they play like they can.
                      Yes,you are right, I was figuring 50/50 with Creighton having everyone available to play.The injuries they've had should tip the scale in our favor.

Comment

Working...
                      X