Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #6 Maryland

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    It's a shame that Bahnam won't play in the NCAA tournament. She could have made it multiple times if she went to SDSU
    i would bet everything the selection committee will do everything they can to get minnesota in. Banham has made her name well known across the country for her play-----especially that february run. not positive, but, think wagner and banham ended up the no. 1 scoring duo in the country? if not, they were right there. you don't think the "powers that be" want that in the ncaa tournament? i listened to C.Cream the other day, and, if i heard him correctly, minnesota may get a mention, but, he said it still will come down to what they have done on the court and their bad ooc results (he continues to have them out). i disagree with him on this one, someone just might get screwed if minny gets a mention---the "banham/wagner" factor. i heard Rebecca Lobo say she would put them in.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
      i disagree with him on this one, someone just might get screwed if minny gets a mention---the "banham/wagner" factor. i heard Rebecca Lobo say she would put them in.
      I've never been in the room but the NCAA selection committees don't use "banham/wagner" factors when deciding teams. Injuries to prominent players, yes, but the perceived "value" of having a scoring duo in the tourney, no.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I agree that in AJ's offense athletic ability is more important than strictly height. He wants the 4's and 5's to be able to run the floor. McIntyre at ORU last year could be dominant, but having her forced them to play a slower paced game, and she was slow getting back on defense at times. Players like Warkenthein and Maria Boever that consistently could beat their opponent down the floor were ideal players in AJ's system. It will be interesting to see how Mieras develops in the future as at least at this point she needs to be able to get up and down the floor a little faster.
        I agree with Mieras but I also heard that Megan Bultsma isn't really fleet with her feet. I haven't seen her play so I don't know how accurate it is but it will be interesting to see. It will be nice getting another 6'3" players on the team and I will see if she can get up and down fast or not.
        I really hope we can get Myah Selling of Sandborn Central/Woonsocket, too. She is 6'2" but she has inside/outside basketball skills.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          I agree with Mieras but I also heard that Megan Bultsma isn't really fleet with her feet. I haven't seen her play so I don't know how accurate it is but it will be interesting to see. It will be nice getting another 6'3" players on the team and I will see if she can get up and down fast or not.
          I really hope we can get Myah Selling of Sandborn Central/Woonsocket, too. She is 6'2" but she has inside/outside basketball skills.
          She'd be great on a team with Miller ,Guebert, and Ellie and the rest of the Jacks. I'm hoping her team can get by Castlewood in the region so that I can watch her play in the B tournament this year.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-01-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

The Gophs, as well as the Jacks, are letting to many of the top MN HS WBB players leave the region. Someone is just going to have to do a better job of sweet talking. Why would you go to Arizona, Florida, Mich St, Ia St, etc., when you have the bright lights of Brookings beckoning you?

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              We had a lot of pretty fleet posts,I remember watching Megan Stewert get a rebound or steal or something against Middle Tennesee State U and beat everyone of their players back down court for a layup. I thought that was pretty impressive considering MTSU had some pretty fast guards and their star forward was fast too.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                I've never been in the room but the NCAA selection committees don't use "banham/wagner" factors when deciding teams. Injuries to prominent players, yes, but the perceived "value" of having a scoring duo in the tourney, no.
                well, i respectfully disagree. i seriously doubt they would come out and say "we loved the idea of the banham/wagner factor" so i doubt we would ever know should they get in. if minny tanks in the BTT, or, just wins one game. it should make things interesting. if they make a good run (2-3 wins), all talk will be moot. they will be in.

i can see your point if we are talking about the men's bracket---would agree 100%, but, this is woman's basketball and i think as things stand, any excitement/interest they may be able to add to the game (tourney) is a huge plus for them.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                  well, i respectfully disagree. i seriously doubt they would come out and say "we loved the idea of the banham/wagner factor" so i doubt we would ever know should they get in. if minny tanks in the BTT, or, just wins one game. it should make things interesting. if they make a good run (2-3 wins), all talk will be moot. they will be in.

i can see your point if we are talking about the men's bracket---would agree 100%, but, this is woman's basketball and i think as things stand, any excitement/interest they may be able to add to the game (tourney) is a huge plus for them.
                  I can see your point. If Minnesota is even with another team I can see the committee giving the nod to the Gophers just because they can "market" that story. I have to believe there are some politics involved with both the men's and women's selection.

Comment

Edina HS has a 6-5 P and 6-3 F both highly rated. Not sure of commitment status. Think both are Jrs. Probably Big 10 or SEC fodder.

Comment

Working...
                    X