Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Ranking

Originally posted by iowasioux
    Are you sure that during the transition that the NIT owned by the NCAA will (or is allowed ) to select a team still in transition.  Have they before chosen a team in transition.  

I'm by no means trying to be a smart a, but have a great interest as UND begins this process.
    The WNIT is not owned by the NCAA (the NIT is), and yes I am sure we can be selected.

Go State!

Comment

Since we are on the subject, if SDSU were to win the Mid-Con regular season title next year, would the women's team get one of the auto bids to the WNIT? I thought I read somewhere that if a team wins the regular season conference title, and did not win the conference tourney, which carries the auto-bid for the NCAA, then that team would get an auto-bid into the WNIT.

Is this correct, or was that for the NIT?

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
        Since we are on the subject, if SDSU were to win the Mid-Con regular season title next year, would the women's team get one of the auto bids to the WNIT?  I thought I read somewhere that if a team wins the regular season conference title, and did not win the conference tourney, which carries the auto-bid for the NCAA, then that team would get an auto-bid into the WNIT.

Is this correct, or was that for the NIT?

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
        Since we (or NDSU) can't play for the Mid-Con title in '08 in the conference tourney, winning the regular season should be a shoo-in for the WNIT. On the men's side, I would also think that that scenario also gets you in to the NIT.

But it was to get regular season winning teams that didn't win the tourney, the opportunity to play in the 2nd tier tourney, even tho they lost their last game. Also the justification in expanding the NIT fields.

Comment

Are any of the NIT games on neutral sites?

It will be interesting to see how far SDSU's RPI drops even with a good final stretch and how they compare with the schools that have been mentioned earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
            Are any of the NIT games on neutral sites?

It will be interesting to see how far SDSU's RPI drops even with a good final stretch and how they compare with the schools that have been mentioned earlier.
            All WNIT games are at campus sites.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              [quote author=Jacks99 link=1165777843/15#18 date=1169514402]Are any of the NIT games on neutral sites?

All WNIT games are at campus sites.[/quote]

So, in theory, we could possibly have all the WNIT games, including championship at Frost?

If so, that could be great news if we can get started at Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by iowasioux
                Are you sure that during the transition that the NIT owned by the NCAA will (or is allowed ) to select a team still in transition.  Have they before chosen a team in transition.  

I'm by no means trying to be a smart a, but have a great interest as UND begins this process.
                The WNIT was not bought by the NCAA -- only the men's NIT. They were run by different organizations.

The WNIT is still separate and they set their own rules. We can be selected if we can get the votes!!!!

GO JACKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                  [quote author=iowasioux link=1165777843/0#13 date=1169485676]Are you sure that during the transition that the NIT owned by the NCAA will (or is allowed ) to select a team still in transition.  Have they before chosen a team in transition.  

The WNIT was not bought by the NCAA -- only the men's NIT. They were run by different organizations.

The WNIT is still separate and they set their own rules. We can be selected if we can get the votes!!!!

GO JACKS!!
                  [/quote]

Do we know who the voters are? So we can assist in keeping this success running Rabbits team in their news files? :

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
                    [quote author=jacks#1fan link=1165777843/15#21 date=1169526671][quote author=iowasioux link=1165777843/0#13 date=1169485676]Are you sure that during the transition that the NIT owned by the NCAA will (or is allowed ) to select a team still in transition.  Have they before chosen a team in transition.  

GO JACKS!!

The women's team will not lose a game the rest of the year! We are 13-5 and will end up 23-5 bank on it! Who will play with us? When they want to step it up aganist lesser teams like UMD they did it and remember then came back from the Cities the night before after an emotional win.

WE WILL BE IN THE WNIT
                    [/quote]

Do we know who the voters are?  So we can assist in keeping this success running Rabbits team in their news files?  :[/quote]

Comment

Hold up a bit on the 23-5. The two Division II wins will not be counted. When you check the RPI rankings note that they all list us at 11-5. That means, with 10 games left, that we must win at least nine games to make the 20 win threshold. We have a good shot 21-5 and at least 20-6, but it's not in the bag yet. However, I do believe that 20-6would still get us in this year.

Comment

Has anyone realized that out of 31 conferences in the NCAA D-I Women's Basketball, SDSU would have the highest RPI in 19 of them?  Highest in conferences like C-USA, WAC, Mountain West, The Valley.

2nd in the SunBelt, Big Sky, Horizon and Atlantic 10

4th in the Big 10 and ACC !!!!!!!

This is very impressive!  Hopefully the Lady's can win out the season and the people at the WNIT realize what SDSU women's basketball can bring to the table!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                          Has anyone realized that out of 31 conferences in the NCAA D-I Women's Basketball, SDSU would have the highest RPI in 19 of them?  Highest in conferences like C-USA, WAC, Mountain West, The Valley.

This is very impressive!  Hopefully the Lady's can win out the season and the people at the WNIT realize what SDSU women's basketball can bring to the table!!
                          We still probably couldn't win the NCC. :
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80

Quite impressive research propar80...you got any job openings where you work? I wish I had the time in a work day to come up with something like this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              [quote author=propar80 link=1165777843/15#25 date=1169746205]Has anyone realized that out of 31 conferences in the NCAA D-I Women's Basketball, SDSU would have the highest RPI in 19 of them?  Highest in conferences like C-USA, WAC, Mountain West, The Valley.

We still probably couldn't win the NCC.   :[/quote]

Not a chance against Chad and the Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                                [quote author=propar80 link=1165777843/15#25 date=1169746205]Has anyone realized that out of 31 conferences in the NCAA D-I Women's Basketball, SDSU would have the highest RPI in 19 of them?  Highest in conferences like C-USA, WAC, Mountain West, The Valley.

Quite impressive research propar80...you got any job openings where you work?  I wish I had the time in a work day to come up with something like this!!!  
                                [/quote]

I know you have the time!! ;D
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X