RPI Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Ranking

Was just checking out Sagarin RPI rankings for women's basketball and noticed we had moved up to 23rd on the list.

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Here is the top 60, quite a few teams on the list that we've beaten or have future games with.

1  North Carolina
    2  Tennessee
    3  Duke
    4  Maryland
    5  Oklahoma
    6  Connecticut
    7  LSU
    8  Purdue
    9  Vanderbilt
    10  Ohio St.
    11  California
    12  Arizona St.
    13  Baylor (9-1, beat SDSU 71-53)
    14  DePaul
    15  Middle Tennessee (6-3, lost to SDSU 72-61)
    16  Arkansas
    17  Louisville
    18  Marquette (9-1, Play in Brookings Dec. 31)
    19  Nebraska
    20  Geo. Washington
    21  South Florida
    22  Georgia
    23  South Dakota St. (7-2)
    24  Bowling Green
    25  UW-Green Bay
    26  Oklahoma St.
    27  New Mexico
    28  Wisconsin
    29  Hofstra
    30  Texas
    31  Iowa St.
    32  Texas A&M
    33  Pittsburgh
    34  Michigan St.
    35  Delaware
    36  Stanford
    37  Kansas St.
    38  Montana
    39  Auburn
    40  Indiana
    41  Virginia (7-2, lost to SDSU 62-55)
    42  La.-Lafayette
    43  Southern Cal (4-4, lost to SDSU 67-63)
    44  Notre Dame
    45  Western Kentucky (5-3, plays SDSU Jan. 7)
    46  Mississippi
    47  Wyoming
    48  Missouri (8-1, plays SDSU Dec. 17)
    49  Minnesota (8-3, plays SDSU Jan. 14)
    50  Northern Ill.
    51  Ball St.
    52  Texas Tech
    53  Tulane
    54  Illinois St.
    55  TCU
    56  Arkansas St. (6-4, beat SDSU 67-52)
    57  Rutgers
    58  Arizona
    59  Marist
    60  James Madison

Re: RPI Ranking

Someone must have lost a game because today SDSU moved up to 22 in the Sagarin rankings

Comment

Looks like they passed South Florida...

Comment

Here is the updated RPI list as of this morning from http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

We have a couple really big games over the next 8 days.  Western Kentucky and Minnesota will likely be our last chance to move up in the RPI standing before we begin play in the UBC.  Most of the teams in the UBC are rated in the 200's and 300's so our rating will likely start dropping after next week because the strength of schedule will drop.  Getting a win against either WK or MN will be big in helping us down the line as it will be another win over a possible top 50 RPI team, after that we just need to beat the teams we should beat and rack up a nice win total.

1  North Carolina
        2  Duke
        3  Tennessee
        4  Maryland
        5  Connecticut
        6  LSU
        7  Purdue
        8  Baylor (14-1, beat SDSU 71-53)
        9  Ohio St.
        10  Vanderbilt
        11  Arizona St.
        12  Oklahoma
        13  Stanford
        14  Middle Tennessee (11-3, lost to SDSU 72-61)
        15  Bowling Green
        16  Marquette (14-1, beat SDSU 80-63)
        17  Geo. Washington
        18  Georgia
        19  Michigan St.
        20  Montana
        21  Nebraska
        22  Oklahoma St.
        23  California
        24  Arkansas
        25  Pittsburgh
        26  South Florida
        27  Kansas St.
        28  Washington
        29  Hofstra
        30  Missouri (12-2, beat SDSU 79-62)
        31  Louisville
        32  UW-Green Bay
        33  South Dakota St. (10-4)
        34  Iowa St.
        35  New Mexico
        36  Wisconsin
        37  Wyoming
        38  Delaware
        39  Texas A&M
        40 Western Kentucky (8-4, plays SDSU tomorrow!)
        41  Auburn
        42  Notre Dame
        43  Davidson
        44  Mississippi
        45  DePaul
        46  Arkansas St. (10-4, beast SDSU 67-52)
        47  Kentucky
        48  Texas
        49  TCU
        50  N.C. St.
        51  UTEP
        52  Indiana
        53  Temple
        54  Illinois
        55  Texas Tech
        56  Virginia (10-4, lost to SDSU 62-55)
        57  James Madison
        58  Ball St.
        59  BYU
        60  Minnesota (9-6, plays SDSU on 1/14)
        61  Southern Cal (8-7, lost to SDSU 67-63)

Comment

Western Kentucky is 40th.  the Jacks play them tomorrow, I believe.  Should be a good one and would be a great win for a future WNIT bid if they can pull it out.  Gotta play better than last night though.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Heh, must have deleted them on accident when I tried to bold it, added WKU back onto the last.

Comment

Play of the "Independents"

Over the next 7 weeks we have 10 games vs our 5 UBC "members".    As we enter this run, we are clearly the RPI leaders in rank and strength of schedule.  IF  : (BIG WORD, for only two letters) we do what we're supposed to do (run the table on these teams) we'd finish 22-5 (D-I only), and could very well be the highest RPI team NOT in the NCAA's.   The WNIT last year was won by a team with a mid-40's RPI.

Current (1/16) Sagarin's Information on the UBC:

27  INDEPENDENTS =  61.65 62.00  ( 25)   TEAMS= 11
              Women's College Basketball 2006-2007  Div I games only    through games of  2007 January 14 Sunday
              HOME ADVANTAGE=  4.03     RATING    W   L  SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 25 | VS top 50 |    
               32  South Dakota St.  =  83.97   11   5   77.58(  13)    1   2  |    1   4  |
              154  North Dakota St.  =  69.13    5   7   73.71(  59)    0   1  |    0   2  |  
              163  IPFW =  68.47    5   6   70.70( 137)    0   0  |    0   1  |  
              164  Utah Valley St.     =  68.33    8   8   68.11( 214)    0   0  |    0   1  |  
              273  Texas-Pan Am.    =  59.49    4  11   68.55( 201)    0   1  |    0   3  |  
              328  New Jersey Tech  =  47.87    2  12   59.38( 334)    0   0  |    0   0  |  

Sagarin's shows us about 32, but above Missouri, WKU, & Ark St., teams we lost against.

There's another RPI, (Mike Greenfield's) that IMHO, is right on target, has Lady Jacks at 41, with all our loses better ranked, and all our wins (except MTSU) lower.  

http://teamrankings.com/ncw/8powerratings.php3

Hopefully, winning out against the UBC will keep us in the 50's or lower.  AND THAT, my fellow JACKS Backers, should get us into the WNIT, and maybe even a 1st round bye?   Here's hoping the Ladies keep excelling on the courts like they have in the classroom!

Comment

RPI from the ncaa website

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly...07WBBrpi1.html

jacks at 38

Comment

One above Minnesota and 6 above Nebrask ;D

Comment

The next Division I independent rings in at number 170, anyone guess who it is? Its NDSU with a 6-7 record.

On to the next question, can you tell me what Mid-con team has the highest RPI???
                    That would be Oakland at 168 with a record of 6-10.

The mid-con womens basketball teams have to be worried that they may never make the big dance again after the jacks and bison join the league.

Comment

I'm not concerned about the Mid-Con right now.

I want the Jacks to run the table and force the Women's NIT to include South Dakota State University in the field.

Then, I want the Jackrabbits to win the WNIT. Preferably by beating Minnesota again, just to prove it wasn't a fluke (or referee's mistake) the first time this year).

After that, I'll let the Mid-Con worry about what will happen next.

(it's a little thing I dream of. It's nothing, really . . . )
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does anyone know what will happen to their RPI from here on out?

My questions are:

1. Will our RPI drop even if they win the rest of our games?

2. Which has a bigger impact, record or strength of schedule?

Obviously the strength of the remaining schedule pales in comparison to the games already played. My fear is a slow drop in RPI even if they win out.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                          Does anyone know what will happen to their RPI from here on out?

My questions are:

1. Will our RPI drop even if they win the rest of our games? YES

2. Which has a bigger impact, record or strength of schedule? It's a combo. And it's also the SOS of your opponents

Obviously the strength of the remaining schedule pales in comparison to the games already played.  My fear is a slow drop in RPI even if they win out.

SUPERBUNNY
                          The SOS matters. Thank goodness that AJ & Fred worked out many top-notched opponents early. The UBC teams should be warm-up quality games compared to those already experienced. I'm most worried about encountering a fired up Bison team in Fargo. They shouldn't be able to pull the upset, but you know that they'll have special sights set on the 'Rabbits.

Comment

Are you sure that during the transition that the NIT owned by the NCAA will (or is allowed ) to select a team still in transition. Have they before chosen a team in transition.

I'm by no means trying to be a smart a, but have a great interest as UND begins this process.

Comment

Originally posted by iowasioux
                              Are you sure that during the transition that the NIT owned by the NCAA will (or is allowed ) to select a team still in transition. Have they before chosen a team in transition.

I'm by no means trying to be a smart a, but have a great interest as UND begins this process.
                              AJ has talked about it before the season even started, and we were in the running for it last year, so unless there was a pretty big mistake, I think we can be selected.

Comment

Working...
                              X