Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU @ IPFW

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    This is a frustrating part of the game to watch. Many times it is a situation where the player needs to realize the position under the bucket and throw the ball out to perimeter to at least reset. Many of the times the ball is rushed up before the player even looks up to know their position. Thompson & Ober have been better at the rim with fewer bounces off the bottom rim and backboard.
    My biggest concern, and keep in mind this can become overly catchy critiquing the teams faults for all of us,is, that they don't position themselves better for rebounding ,they focus so much on the shot , they are always in poor rebounding position for the rebound. It usually sails over their head and right to the opposing player for the second chance shot, which usually then goes in, and the foul.

A good rebounder to me treats every shot as one that's going to be missed with out fail, and positions herself at the release of the shot for the rebound. Not stand in poor rebounding position and looking to see if the shot misses, it's too late then. If you think about it, the time to position should be sooner rather than later. The more rebounders in good position to grab the rebound we have ,the greater the odds become we get the rebound, simple as it sounds.

Always think one step ahead, especially against more athletic teams, and think clearly at crucial junctures of the game, don't get too caught up in the emotion where you rush things and can't finish . Easier said than done, but that should be the goal. That's why some players look smooth and under control, and some look all hurky jerky and out of control, amateurish.

I have to fight being too critical, even though my intensions are for the good, being too critical all the time is not good. IMO
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-11-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Texas lost for the first time this year and are a highly ranked team (#3?) to conference foe Iowa State. We should keep in mind some of these conference games are much more difficult due to the familiarity the teams have with each other and the stepped up effort teams bring in rivalry games, especially those teams who have been on the losing side for quite awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        We've had posts have some really good games but Wark was consistent. You could always count on her to perform at a high level.

Clarin is a perfect example. She's had great games and also had games where she may as well have stayed in the locker room. Is having the "go-to" player we have been missing the last few years.
        I think we have a go to player now. Miller was that person in Fargo. Everything went perfect except the shot did not fall and we had the offensive board too. She has made that same shot many times this year. Waytashek has also been in that role as well, but she may not be as dominant as Miller will be as her career in basketball matures. As we watch Marshall adapt on the men's side, Miller will continue to grow into her roles as well.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          I think we have a go to player now. Miller was that person in Fargo. Everything went perfect except the shot did not fall and we had the offensive board too. She has made that same shot many times this year. Waytashek has also been in that role as well, but she may not be as dominant as Miller will be as her career in basketball matures. As we watch Marshall adapt on the men's side, Miller will continue to grow into her roles as well.
          Completely agree on Miller. Excited to see her develop.

Need to get a win today. Tough circumstances with back to back games with a bus ride in between.

Comment

Just a reminder, the Jags have the 2 PM game (video) for free, courtesy of the IUPUI Jaguars, thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Entertainment.

That's what these games are to me. Yesterday's nail-biter certainly qualified. I can't imagine the self-inflicted misery involved with voluntarily trying to turn them something much deeper than that. Good point OldHare.
              ^^this^^

You have my envy sir !!!!

Comment

Working...
              X