X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU @ IPFW

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I suppose you are right.

Can we agree it's about being the best team in March in Sioux Falls like USD was last year?

Another less then stellar performance today but a W is a W.

I hate the Bison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure we can agree, I'd like nothing better, I really do like to see others viewpoints, but things can be brought to a rest sometimes too....JMO

Comment

Is it on AJ? The seniors? This team should be better and maybe they will be when it counts.

At large bid for the Summit league....makes me laugh every time.

Teams get tired of losing to the same teams. I think the Summit has evened out a little. The good teams (SDSU) finds ways to win the close ones. Keep calm, we'll be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        Teams get tired of losing to the same teams. I think the Summit has evened out a little. The good teams (SDSU) finds ways to win the close ones. Keep calm, we'll be alright.
        I worry about this kind of attitude. The league has been getting better (I think it was about the worst in DI women's BB when we joined). This year seems to be a crucial year. Jacks are the lost important factor in that equation.

I think SDSU needs to step up their game. Surprised others don't agree. Maybe a WNIT run is want some prefer.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I worry about this kind of attitude. The league has been getting better (I think it was about the worst in DI women's BB when we joined). This year seems to be a crucial year. Jacks are the lost important factor in that equation.

I think SDSU needs to step up their game. Surprised others don't agree. Maybe a WNIT run is want some prefer.

I don't think you're out of bounds on this; it's natural. It's just tougher staying on top than getting there. Except if you're the Bison and you get 40-yard lame-duck completions with the DB falls down and the game is on the line.

Comment

It would be great to win the conference tourney every year. The Jackrabbit fans have been have been fortunate to win every time until last year. It is an indication that the league is improving when this happens. The Jackrabbit WBB fans could be compared to the bison football with their expectations to win. The Summit will benefit from a more competitive race. Meanwhile, it might be a bit of hyperbole to say the fans prefer the WNIT. Remember that some of those conference tournament victories were not easy wins. Remember that one of the few Summit defeats was at IUPUI who is on the schedule tomorrow afternoon with a short rest and bus ride. If the WBB struggles early in the game, we might wonder if they had time for a shoot around. Even so, it would be most disappointing to be 2-2 in the league. Maybe that 1 point win in Ft Wayne was an OK win.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              I don't think you're out of bounds on this; it's natural. It's just tougher staying on top than getting there. Except if you're the Bison and you get 40-yard lame-duck completions with the DB falls down and the game is on the line.
              Really!? Dumbest post ever.

Give them credit they won. The wr made a play on the ball. The db didnt. Theyve kicked our ass the last four years...acting like they are lucky is sour grapes.
              Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 01-11-2015, 07:40 AM.

Comment

We should be dumping teams in the Summit. We are better then what we are showing.

Comment

SDSU @ IPFW

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  It would be great to win the conference tourney every year. The Jackrabbit fans have been have been fortunate to win every time until last year. It is an indication that the league is improving when this happens. The Jackrabbit WBB fans could be compared to the bison football with their expectations to win. The Summit will benefit from a more competitive race. Meanwhile, it might be a bit of hyperbole to say the fans prefer the WNIT. Remember that some of those conference tournament victories were not easy wins. Remember that one of the few Summit defeats was at IUPUI who is on the schedule tomorrow afternoon with a short rest and bus ride. If the WBB struggles early in the game, we might wonder if they had time for a shoot around. Even so, it would be most disappointing to be 2-2 in the league. Maybe that 1 point win in Ft Wayne was an OK win.
                  This is the attitude that worries me. The Jacks have the best recruit:s, by far, the best fan base, by far, the expectations (I thought). Now I see weakness. That sucks. I don't want it, I won't stand for it. This team needs to dominate and should be expected to. This is not OK. Not for me.

You feel good about it and I'll feel bad about it, this league is not strong. The Jacks need to get back to where they should be.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think until our post players start asserting themselves in one-on-one situations we are going to struggle at times. Clarin was better in the second half, but man I'm tired of watching our posts miss bunnies and shoot shots off the bottom of the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      I think until our post players start asserting themselves in one-on-one situations we are going to struggle at times. Clarin was better in the second half, but man I'm tired of watching our posts miss bunnies and shoot shots off the bottom of the glass.
                      This post is spot on. We havent been truly dominate since Warkethein was in the post. She didnt miss bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        This post is spot on. We havent been truly dominate since Warkethein was in the post. She didnt miss bunnies.
                        Sunnarborg made some spectacular shots, and she just about won the opening game against Mizzou on the road practically all by herself as a freshman, when the rest of the team couldn't make a shot.

Rotert missed a ridiculous amount 0-?? (18?) or something on three point shots to start the season, very unusual for her,she more than made up for it as the season progressed. Oh,....2008-2009 season.

Comment

This is the attitude that worries me. The Jacks have the best recruit:s, by far, the best fan base, by far, the expectations (I thought). Now I see weakness. That sucks. I don't want it, I won't stand for it. This team needs to dominate and should be expected to. This is not OK. Not for me.

You feel good about it and I'll feel bad about it, this league is not strong. The Jacks need to get back to where they should be.

You worry too much about wins that do not make the highlight reel. It is disappointing that there are 5 losses by now, but I do not think the season is lost. When the Summit is stronger, there will be more upsets. You have us losing the conference with every step back during the grinding season. Perfection will not happen in this lifetime. When things do not align perfectly, it does not mean the program is in the tank. Kentucky should never lose the National Championship when you see the recruits they stuff on the roster. However, I would wager they will not win every year. It might be time to come back into orbit and realize these student athletes will more than win their share of games and Summit League Tourneys. Enjoy the successes and at least place a floor on the disappointments.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

SDSU @ IPFW

Entertainment.

That's what these games are to me. Yesterday's nail-biter certainly qualified. I can't imagine the self-inflicted misery involved with voluntarily trying to turn them something much deeper than that. Good point OldHare.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              This is a frustrating part of the game to watch. Many times it is a situation where the player needs to realize the position under the bucket and throw the ball out to perimeter to at least reset. Many of the times the ball is rushed up before the player even looks up to know their position. Thompson & Ober have been better at the rim with fewer bounces off the bottom rim and backboard.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                Sunnarborg made some spectacular shots, and she just about won the opening game against Mizzou on the road practically all by herself as a freshman, when the rest of the team couldn't make a shot.

Rotert missed a ridiculous amount 0-?? (18?) or something on three point shots to start the season, very unusual for her,she more than made up for it as the season progressed. Oh,....2008-2009 season.
                                We've had posts have some really good games but Wark was consistent. You could always count on her to perform at a high level.

Clarin is a perfect example. She's had great games and also had games where she may as well have stayed in the locker room. Is having the "go-to" player we have been missing the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X