Jacks vs Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs Phoenix

We had a little lead...six points or so with about 2:00 to go and just had turnover after turnover.

Comment

Phoenix compared to Jacks stats (taken from Midco graphic)
      3-pt shots: 2 of 14 vs 9 of 24
      Field Goal % 26 of 51 vs 26 of 52
      Rebounds: 28 vs 32
      Assists: 9 vs 13
      Turnovers: 10 vs. 17

Comment

Not moving with out the ball, we don't help the passer at all, defense just licks their chops when that happens, steal every time. Go get the ball when the player can't make the pass, is that against the rules or something. We try to make the pass, whether its there or not. Good grief.

Someone who can take over and create something when we need it. We give up the dribble the first time there's the slightest pressure what so ever, now , they don't have to worry about the dribble drive, and can concentrate on stopping the pass.....if the next pass isn't there , we're stagnated on offense, everyone standing around wondering what to do next.

Yeah, we tighten up too much late in the game, too afraid to attack the basket and get some easy foul shots, because of all the bad to's we've gotten through out the game. We are doomed to repeat this over and over until it gets where we get used to playing cleaner games and all of a sudden, the indecision disappears. A stagnant offense is easy pick'ns for a steal. At Arkansas, we did everything right, playing GB not so much. Learn and move on. GB is a very good team to lose to and it was close, some consolation anyway. I think we'll be OK...borrowing from Filbert if he doesn't mind.

Can't cry about this very long, we have two tough opponents coming soon. Sorry ,I'm too critical ,I know. What's done is done, time to learn and move on.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-10-2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

We are a good team, this game showed that, clean some things up, and we can be great!

Comment

Dang...this could've been an RPI booster. The type of win that could move you up a seed come tourney time when factored in with wins over BYU, Arkansas, etc...

Shake it off and get 2 wins vs. MTSU and UALR.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Nobody's crying. Fact is this team folded late, can't do that. Have to finish especially against good teams. No excuses, get better, can't lose games like they did tonight and be considered winners. Let a big W get away tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Phoenix compared to Jacks stats (taken from Midco graphic)
                3-pt shots: 2 of 14 vs 9 of 24
                Field Goal % 26 of 51 vs 26 of 52
                Rebounds: 28 vs 32
                Assists: 9 vs 13
                Turnovers: 10 vs. 17
                Did they list points in the paint ? I would bet 75% + of their points were from 8 feet in , or from free throws resulting from getting fouled from close range. Terrible job of switching most of the night , and not much help defense when someone did get beat.

Comment

Once again turnovers kill the Jacks. Those 5 or 6 turnovers when SDSU had a 10 point lead was a killer. That would have been a great time to extend the lead and secure the game. The Jacks didn't execute that well late in the game like they should have. This game should have been a "W." Monday will be another great test. Winning 2/3 against GB, MTSU, and UALR will still be a very good accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Nobody's crying. Fact is this team folded late, can't do that. Have to finish especially against good teams. No excuses, get better, can't lose games like they did tonight and be considered winners. Let a big W get away tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I am.....j/k

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Did they list points in the paint ? I would bet 75% + of their points were from 8 feet in , or from free throws resulting from getting fouled from close range. Terrible job of switching most of the night , and not much help defense when someone did get beat.
                      Yes....46 here's all stats

Comment

I think this team missed it's senior point guard down the stretch. Jacks let an opportunity for a quality win slip away. Need to win the next two.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          We had a little lead...six points or so with about 2:00 to go and just had turnover after turnover.
                          If you lead by six with two to go, you should win.

OTOH, Arkansas.

The Basketball Gods have evened things up.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That is the jackrabbit offense - drives me nuts at times... pass around the outside, try to get it inside... jack a three. It is way to easy to defend and the defense doesn't have to work. They drove and dished back out till they found a crack or someone missed a switch. We worked much harder on defense. We need more motion on offense if you ask me.

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Not moving with out the ball, we don't help the passer at all, defense just licks their chops when that happens, steal every time. Go get the ball when the player can't make the pass, is that against the rules or something. We try to make the pass, whether its there or not. Good grief.

Someone who can take over and create something when we need it. We give up the dribble the first time there's the slightest pressure what so ever, now , they don't have to worry about the dribble drive, and can concentrate on stopping the pass.....if the next pass isn't there , we're stagnated on offense, everyone standing around wondering what to do next.

Yeah, we tighten up too much late in the game, too afraid to attack the basket and get some easy foul shots, because of all the bad to's we've gotten through out the game. We are doomed to repeat this over and over until it gets where we get used to playing cleaner games and all of a sudden, the indecision disappears. A stagnant offense is easy pick'ns for a steal. At Arkansas, we did everything right, playing GB not so much. Learn and move on. GB is a very good team to lose to and it was close, some consolation anyway. I think we'll be OK...borrowing from Filbert if he doesn't mind.

Can't cry about this very long, we have two tough opponents coming soon. Sorry ,I'm too critical ,I know. What's done is done, time to learn and move on.

Comment

No sugar coating it. They flat let one get away last night. Up 10 with four to go and committing a lot of turnovers and missing free throws. That was really sloppy down the stretch. Ouch!

Kind of the opposite of the Arkansas game. The ladies will learn more from last night than just about any other game. They let a very good team hang around just long enough to bite them.

That aside, I think there were a lot of positives to be had from the game too. Maci Miller was fantastic. She is the real deal and we have a bright, bright future with her at the point for three more years. Kerri Young was very good last night. She was aggressive and looking for her shot early. We need to see that consistently. Waytashek was consistent. The whole team struggled the last four minutes and that was the game.

Hats off to WGB for sticking around. They are a very good team and appear to be very well coached. Had a chance to visit with Megan Vogel and she was very complimentary towards the Jacks team. She was really impressed with Miller and where she is at as a freshman. I mentioned that she reminded me of a certain someone that used to wear #32 back in the day.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                I think this team missed it's senior point guard down the stretch. Jacks let an opportunity for a quality win slip away. Need to win the next two.
                                If Gabby comes back at close to 100% I think you start her and put Miller on the wing for this season. Takes the pressure of getting the ball up the floor off her shoulders and lets her concentrate on scoring , which she is very good at. I think her slashing ability would work very well off the wing. Bring Young off the bench for instant offense on the wing. Last night when Waytashek had to sit early with two fouls , the Jacks got absolutely nothing from that position. Against smaller teams you could start Young and bring Stevens off the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X