#25 Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #25 Arkansas

A must win if the Jacks want to keep alive the chances of getting an at-large. This is the first time in about 3 years that the Razorbacks have been ranked in the AP Poll. They are coached by the one and only Jimmy Dykes and are 6-0 on the season with wins coming against #17 Iowa and Middle Tennessee. This will probably be the last chance for the Jacks to continue their streak of beating at least 1 ranked team a year. Should be a great game and hopefully a better showing than the game against DePaul.

The game can be season the the SECN+.

Re: #25 Arkansas

Taking into this game, lessons learned from Creighton, DePaul, and the toughness we had to show in two hard fought games in Las Vegas, I think we're ready to take on the Hawgs. Keep the streak alive. Go Jacks.

Comment

When is the last time that Jacks WBB took down an AP/Coaches top 25 ON THE ROAD? Last one that I can think of was the 2008-2009 (magical season, that one) and beating Minn @ UM.

Jacks need to build off their good Nov. Learn from the losses, and build off the wins. Jacks have won one top 25 game the last two seasons, (Neb 2012, Penn St 2013). It is probably the one shot at a top 25 team this season, so hopefully Jacks thump Hawgs.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        When is the last time that Jacks WBB took down an AP/Coaches top 25 ON THE ROAD? Last one that I can think of was the 2008-2009 (magical season, that one) and beating Minn @ UM.

Jacks need to build off their good Nov. Learn from the losses, and build off the wins. Jacks have won one top 25 game the last two seasons, (Neb 2012, Penn St 2013). It is probably the one shot at a top 25 team this season, so hopefully Jacks thump Hawgs.
        Everyone guns for those walking around with a target on their back,the top 25. You get ranked, you can expect the best effort from every team you play. That's the name of the game. Arkansas can expect a tough contest from our Jacks,we'll see if they can hold them off or not.

Comment

Wow, if the Jacks don't beat a top 25 team on the road early in the season, their chances at an at-large bid are ruined? Or if we do win, we're in? It would be great to win this one, but I surely don't believe it is a "must win, or else" situation. Winning on the road is tough, winning against really good teams is really tough. With all of that said, I hope the Jacks continue to improve...we've got a bunch of "youngsters" getting a lot of minutes, and not all of those minutes are pretty. The final minutes of the UNLV game were important for this team and they came through. Just keep getting better Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            Wow, if the Jacks don't beat a top 25 team on the road early in the season, their chances at an at-large bid are ruined?
            I don't think it is hyperbole to say that. Teams from a "lesser" conference don't get an at-large by beating a bunch of mediocre/lower teams and this is probably our last shot at a win that would get noticed nationally.

I agree, though, that such things can't be the focus with so many young players. Perhaps in a year or two. One game at a time.

Comment

Understand your reasoning SE, just not sure the Arkansas game should have such expectations for this team. Sagarin (and while I think it is one of the best comparative ratings available, early season is much less dependable IMO) has Arkansas favored by 21 over us at home. Arkansas is 6-0, has beaten a top 25 team and another top 50 team, and has a 79 vs 188 schedule difficulty compared to us. A win would be tremendous, a decent showing is absolutely needed.

I have more concern in my mind on the Green Bay game (right now Sagarin has them top 20 team, 1-1 vs top 25, and 3-2 vs top 50) and would be favored by 11 points on our floor; and the Middle Tennessee game, which has always been a tough opponent for us. Two tough home games in a row, coming up soon, and I believe we need to win those two.

Comment

[QUOTE,Jacks#1Fan]I have more concern in my mind on the Green Bay game (right now Sagarin has them top 20 team, 1-1 vs top 25, and 3-2 vs top 50) and would be favored by 11 points on our floor; and the Middle Tennessee game, which has always been a tough opponent for us. Two tough home games in a row, coming up soon, and I believe we need to win those two
                [/QUOTE]

I've been watching Green Bay too, we beat them last year on their home court, but throw that out the window, we are a completely different team and so are they it appears.
                We have to show something against Arkansas before I will feel better about winning against both UWGB and MTSU, even Ark LR lately,even at home. Green Bays knocking at the door to being ranked themselves and are really playing well right now.

These games are coming up fast, UWGB the 10th, whether or not we make a splash or not will be decided in the next few games. If we don't, it's must win the conference tournament time again.
                Young or not, I'm sure the coaching staff is stressing the importance of each and every game henceforth. Young players have to learn to handle stress and pressure too. When they do, they become the players they were expected to be .
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-03-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Good press conference with Jimmy Dykes. He had a couple nice words about SDSU.

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/video/...b0ed069207710c

Arkansas Preview

SDSU Preview

The thing that really surprises me is that Arkansas only has 9 players available. The Jacks need to get them into foul trouble early!

Comment

Looks to be available on ESPN3 as part of the SEC Plus Network...
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

A win tonight would go along ways towards a possible at-large invite in the distant future. Summit league is a one bid league for now. Until a team wins a couple of games at the "big dance" even a high RPI and national ranking isn't likely to get a bid if that team loses in the conference tourney. That's just the way it has always worked. Not saying that can't change but I think its unlikely. I am confident SDSU would have the best chance or any other mid-major given recent history but that still isn't enough to justify and at-large from the Summit league. I think the Jacks can pull this one off. Need Clarin to keep working hard, she has immense talent and is the inside force we need with Ober to open the 3-point line and driving lanes. Need to crash the defensive boards hard and limit 2nd chance opportunities for Arkansas.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Looks to be available on ESPN3 as part of the SEC Plus Network...
                        It appears as available at 7 pm on my ESPN3 account. Planning to tune in.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Well ESPN3 excludes SEC+ in my pkg.

Ears only for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                            Well ESPN3 excludes SEC+ in my pkg.

Ears only for the game.
                            Same thing here. Figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same for me. No SEC Network. A bit of a letdown but the radio feed will work. I'll probably get more work done going with the audio too.

Hoping we can have <20 turnovers (low bar, I know) and hang in there deep in to the game. Someone is going to have to step up big to make a win possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X