Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #25 Arkansas

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    In a press conference yesterday, Dykes said he told his players that South Dakota State was the best team they have played so far this year. They played Iowa and Middle Tn State also. http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/vi...b0ed0692077468

Gotta like that coach, telling it straight. Again, any SEC coach named Jimmy is my kind of coach.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Just looking at RPI for our upcoming games:

UWGB- #10
      Middle Tennessee State- #25
      UALR- #52

Have to think that 3 wins here would really help the RPI. Honestly, looking at the conference after the first part of the season, USD looks like a threat and I think NDSU looks like they will be better than where they were predicted (not that that means much...), but the rest of the Summit just looks downright bad. IUPUI has really struggled, and I don't think the other teams in the conference have enough horses to threaten us. If we were to win the next three and finish with 3-4 losses, I think we would get an at large even if we lost in the tourney. Thoughts?
      I think if you want a really good shot, more or less, we have to go with the 2 losses we have now and maybe 1 more. We could do it, but that's a long hard grind and it would take a lot of growing up fast, and we could lose focus a few games and not accomplish going 26-3. We have to look good enough to beat out power conference teams and the top mid-majors (unless we are one)

After the auto bids, the top 25 who don't win their conference, top rpi filling in too, there's not a whole lot of at-large spots available, for anyone, let alone mid-majors in a low rpi conference. I think 26-3 would look pretty darn good if some of the wins were the likes of Ark, UWGB, MTSU, Ark-LR, and Marist. It won't be easy, because these teams have the same goal in mind, and will fight hard to accomplish it.

No one thought we would go 28-2 either ,but we did. Won 3 more in the Summit League Tournament. Went 1-1 in NCAA tournament and tied for our best ever season record of 32-3 in 2008-09. Who'd of thought we'd win a game by scoring 9 pts in 27 seconds at a 25th ranked Arkansas on their home court. Have to believe in yourself until you get the losses, otherwise you keep cranking out W's.

Agree USD looks like they'll be a pretty tough out again this year. Sometimes though, it's the one you overlook that beats you.Looks to me Summit teams are improving from where they started from, even Denver won their first OOC game by golly.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-07-2014, 02:16 AM.

Comment

This team is awfully young to be able to run the table. I'm not going to get too excited about the chances of that happening. Would that be enough to get a bid, I'm not sure. I bet it would get us a nice seed in the 7-10 range though.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          This team is awfully young to be able to run the table. I'm not going to get too excited about the chances of that happening. Would that be enough to get a bid, I'm not sure. I bet it would get us a nice seed in the 7-10 range though.
          IMO a 12 seed is the seed to get.

Also agree running the table is unlikely. Young team is ginna have some let downs. Just hope those let downs arent 20 pt beat downs like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            IMO a 12 seed is the seed to get.

Also agree running the table is unlikely. Young team is ginna have some let downs. Just hope those let downs arent 20 pt beat downs like last year.
            I think you are right, for best chance of making it all the way to the sweet 16,which is our immediate goal I think. First rd game is tougher against a 5 seed instead of a 10 seed in a 7 vs 10 match up, but managable and after that game much easier facing a 4 seed instead of a 2 seed to make the sweet 16 field. 8 or 9 seed would have to face #1 seed in second round,10 or 7 would face #2 seed in second rd.

Comment

Arkansas loses 2nd straight game to #18 Rutgers. 52-64

Comment

Working...
              X