11/14 BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11/14 BYU

I was very impressed with Clarin. Made some very athletic moved around the hoops and finished well. She will need to use her strength as will be undersized in many of these non conference games.

Comment

Scary, unrelated thought, what will Guebert add to this potent attack we already have.Wish Walters had one more year to join her. Guess it'll have to be changing of the guard instead of inflicting the "death by three's" we gave to TCU (nostalgia). Getting ahead of myself.

We've shown we can deliver the knock out punch, we have to learn not give it back. Kept the double digit margin though. Getting too nit picky for first game, think I'll go away now........great game ladies, starting something special this season with a tremendously talented team and very impressive victory.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Scary, unrelated thought, what will Guebert add to this potent attack we already have.
        Related to that point:

Last night six freshman/soph played 10 minutes or more. Three played more than 20 minutes. These underclassmen scored more than half the points.

Comment

The thing I noticed the most from this team was the speed of getting the ball up the floor. Reminded me of the 32-3 team. Now the shot selection wasn't the best on some of those breaks , but that should improve with experience. And if Clarin can put together entire games like her second half , she will be an all-Summit League candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The thing I noticed the most from this team was the speed of getting the ball up the floor. Reminded me of the 32-3 team. Now the shot selection wasn't the best on some of those breaks , but that should improve with experience. And if Clarin can put together entire games like her second half , she will be an all-Summit League candidate.
            The last exhibition game and the BYU game found Clarin on the bench early in the first half. She picked up 2 fouls quick both games. Ober was a good match for Bailey in the BYU game. Clarin will need to find that happy medium for contact on defense in the first half like she has in the second half.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              The last exhibition game and the BYU game found Clarin on the bench early in the first half. She picked up 2 fouls quick both games. Ober was a good match for Bailey in the BYU game. Clarin will need to find that happy medium for contact on defense in the first half like she has in the second half.
              That's because Bailey dared step into the Ozone (Ober Zone....paint)

Comment

Wonder if we could start a new fan participation gimmick this year to provide the fans with more involvement and make the games more fun. I noticed that after a 3 pt shot is made in USD games at home, people yell "three". .We don't want to ever resort to copying anything USD does....but instead of "three" we could all yell "boom", like people use to describe an awesome event or moment in chats, message boards, etc. People catch on quickly, and by the end of the year,4,000 people yelling "boom" after a 3 pt shot televised on ESPN would sound awesome. Might even top a Fargo Gameday extravagaza event moment,LOL. It would be like a vocal cannon if you will, but with 4,000 fans voices. Wining is always fun, and this year we may have more fun than ever with this team, but getting fans involved and contributing to the game atmosphere in a way special to SDSU would be fun too.

I'm sure there are better ideas people could come out with, especially from the student section. Young and innovative minds with limitless imagination, etc. I'm just an old guy.

Comment

The BYU women lost to Cal Northridge by 9 today.

Comment

Working...
                  X