2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Not sure it belongs here, but A.J. just tweeted the infamous "It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit!"
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Not sure it belongs here, but A.J. just tweeted the infamous "It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit!"
      Has anyone heard who the new recruit/verbal is? Its been a week.

Comment

I had heard something about a transfer from the East coast that would have to sit out a year. Don't know if that is the verbal or if there are other things going on.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com//ViewArticle....CLID=210125642
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This might help

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

Welcome Tonoia Wade, transfer from St. Johns. She's from Bloomington, MN. She will have to sit out this coming season but she will only be a sophomore during the 2016-2017 season. She is a 4 star recruit and was ranked 21st at her position coming out of HS. Seems like a great get to me!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports...de_912938.html

St. Johns coach on Wade: "Tonoia is deceptively long and it allows her to be a great defender and rebounder. She plays with a high motor and is improving her game in all areas... She provides us with depth at a number of positions on the floor and her future is very bright."
              Last edited by SanDakotaState; 06-02-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

IMO bringing in the JUCO transfer earlier this spring that hopefully can step right in and provide backup minutes from the start helped make a move like this possible. Having nine returning players plus the JUCO and four really good freshmen should give a long enough bench so the Jacks can afford to bring in a quality player like this and have her sit a year.

Comment

It takes a little while to learn how a new team does things, so her sitting out time will be put to good use. After losing a player like Clarin, finding a player like Tonoia works out well.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    It takes a little while to learn how a new team does things, so her sitting out time will be put to good use. After losing a player like Clarin, finding a player like Tonoia works out well.
                    Tonoia had been playing more guard prior to St John's. She could fit at the 4 with the 6' frame. At this time, the post looks to becoming deeper with Meiras this year and Bultsma for 2016. Any direction I look at the future of this team, it appears to keep the pressure on the rest of the Summit to develop more quickly or stay behind. There is a reason the freshmen are playing more the past couple of years.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      IMO bringing in the JUCO transfer earlier this spring that hopefully can step right in and provide backup minutes from the start helped make a move like this possible. Having nine returning players plus the JUCO and four really good freshmen should give a long enough bench so the Jacks can afford to bring in a quality player like this and have her sit a year.
                      I think that Tonoia will be a really good get. It sounds like she is a good defender and rebounder so I think she would be a good replacement for Stevens minutes if she didn't have to redshirt. I think the JUCO might be more of a guard that a PF. I haven't seen either of them play so I don't know this for sure so we will see what happens. I think it will be interesting to see how the PF and C positions will be this year but they should be loaded at those position after that.

Comment

When is the last time we had one transfer in, let alone two in one year? Seems transfers have been pretty rare during AJ's tenure.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          When is the last time we had one transfer in, let alone two in one year? Seems transfers have been pretty rare during AJ's tenure.
                          It is also rare that a starter and red shirt transfer out in the same year. He did not want to have that many scholarships open and the high school talent he would want is not available for the new season. He still has an open scholarship as I look at the new roster today.
                          http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

Not a lot of depth in 4 and 5 position in 2015/2016

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Not a lot of depth in 4 and 5 position in 2015/2016
                              They could end up with that 4 guard lineup like late last year when Waytashek shifted to the 4 position to spell Ellie Thompson. The Jackrabbits gave up some strength, but the height and quickness was an advantage. Flaata & Mieras will need to step up as well. There are only 2 seniors and 3 juniors on the roster. 3 of those(Ober, Young, & Boever) could be starters. The youth contributions will be needed again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                It is also rare that a starter and red shirt transfer out in the same year. He did not want to have that many scholarships open and the high school talent he would want is not available for the new season. He still has an open scholarship as I look at the new roster today.
                                http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...B_OEM_ID=15000
                                Trying to get back to the level of 08-09. It has to be hard for them to maintain, let alone improve, the level of play. Guess that's what makes it so intriguing going into each season. The future looks good for the Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X