Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    I've forgotten...does Chynna Stevens have to sit out a year at U San Diego? I see she is on the roster, but she didn't play at all in the first game.
    Yes, she has to sit out for 1 year because of the transfer rule as does Severyn(that would be 2 years without playing a single game) at the other USD. Another thing to note is that transfers are not allowed to play in exhibition games either which is why Wade never saw the floor for the Jacks.

Comment

Does anyone know if Johnston has any verbals for 2017 class or beyond?
      He seems to get verbals early...
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        Lindsey Theuninck of Mankato area and Tylee Irwin of North Dakota are listed in the 2017 thread.
        http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show...73-tylee-irwin
        http://www.minnesotafury.com/girls/p...php?player=525
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Lindsey Theuninck of Mankato area and Tylee Irwin of North Dakota are listed in the 2017 thread.
          http://www.5statehoops.com/page/show...73-tylee-irwin
          http://www.minnesotafury.com/girls/p...php?player=525
          Thanks, I suppose I could have dig a little myself. Appreciated though
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            Yes, and they are also listed on the first page of this thread. The only problem is, we are not 100% sure if Chloe Lamb has verballed.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I've often wondered,and thought i blundered accross it once,the success rate to number of offers put out.I would think it would vary from program to program, but i thought I'd seen where the average was something like 10:1 ratio.Anyone know anything about this,can't believe it would be that high.I suppose some are just hopes that someone will see something they like,and commit,not really expecting them to however.It costs nothing to "put your name in the hat" theory I guess.

Comment

5 state hoops ranked the top regional recruiting classes

http://www.5statehoops.com/news_arti...rer_id=1158752

USD was ranked #1
                NDSU was ranked #4

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  5 state hoops ranked the top regional recruiting classes

http://www.5statehoops.com/news_arti...rer_id=1158752

USD was ranked #1
                  NDSU was ranked #4
                  I can think of three words that could have something to do with USD and NDSU having better recruiting classes than SDSU this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    I can think of three words that could have something to do with USD and NDSU having better recruiting classes than SDSU this year.
                    Are they "hahaha good one!"
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Are they "hahaha good one!"
                      Ha, no... I was thinking: Cost Of Attendance

Comment

AJ had his recruits ahead of the COA conversation. Likely a few of the USD and NDSU were leaning early too. It will be interesting to see where the final numbers land. It is not mandatory to use the maximum dollar for the institution's formula. Although it would need to be consistent through the sports. There will be more excitement to follow with that situation.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The only reason the Jacks class isn't ranked higher is the simple fact that there are only 2 recruits on the list.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Went to www.gprep.net, which is one of the best MN girls BB sites, for their class of 2016 rankings. Jacks recruit Sydney Tracy is ranked 6th, while one of the two USD recruits from MN is ranked 10th and the other isn't in the top 20, and the NDSU recruit from MN is 19th. I agree with one of the previous posts in that quality trumps quantity.

Comment

COA would definatly give AJ another incentive to use,the longer we wait implementing COA,the bigger jump our competition will get on us in recruiting.It's probably more cost effective to do it than to not do it.Who's going to pay to watch a bunch of crummy teams
                              ,if it ever comes to that and waiting too long.

I'm not panicing yet ,however,
                              you'd think it'd be in the discussion phase (I'm sure it is) and maybe in the planning and implementing phase soon.They have to find the money somehow. After this year for sure.

One thing that could be tried,is putting a promotion code,for a limited time,on Jackrabbit gear.The person buys the t-shirt ,sends in the promotion code,which has them fill out a form,name,E-mail,where purchased,etc.Once the information is obtained,a code is sent to that individual to watch one free viewing of Jackrabbit Extra.Maybe Learfield sports has to be in on it,I don't know.It might increase apparel sales and it might even get some more subscribers to Jackrabbit Extra.There are ways if people are creativly minded to promote sales.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-17-2015, 01:13 PM. Reason: spell correction

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                COA would definatly give AJ another incentive to use,the longer we wait implementing COA,the bigger jump our competition will get on us in recruiting.It's probably more cost effective to do it than to not do it.Who's going to pay to watch a bunch of crummy teams
                                ,if it ever comes to that and waiting too long.

I'm not panicing yet ,however,
                                you'd think it'd be in the discussion phase (I'm sure it is) and maybe in the planning and implementing phase soon.They have to find the money somehow. After this year for sure.
                                2 of the 3 2017 openings already have commits (maybe all 3 if Lamb has committed) so AJ has some time for COA to work itself out.

Comment

Working...
                                X