2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Good luck to Chynna. I hate to see her leave but she needs to do what makes her happy.

Comment

Can anyone explain how she ended up in San Diego? Where's the connection?
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Certainly doesn't make it easier for her family to see her play.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I heard a rumor about why she went but since i have no clue if its true, im not going to say

Comment

Chyna has made her choice and nothing we can say or do here will make her change that choice. I do not know her or her family, but Chyna or some of her family might be reading this board and this thread in particular. I would be very careful.

Comment

I guess that I see this stuff and don't get to worked up. People leave for all kinds of reasons. We've been fortunate that there haven't been a lot of them at SDSU in any sports. There could be any number of reasons as evidenced by this thread.

The bottom line is that AJ and the other head coaches have consistently been recruiting better and better athletes and it is becoming harder each year to compete for playing time. They also have a great record of graduating kids and preparing them for life after college and athletics. Each individual player has their own motivation level, place a value on what is important to them, and make decisions based on that.

Their leaving opens up opportunities for others. Time to turn the page. One of the best things about college athletics IMHO is that the rosters are guaranteed to change as the athletes come and go from college. There is always a new set of dynamics for the next season.

I thank both of these ladies for their time at SDSU and wish them nothing but the best!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                I guess that I see this stuff and don't get to worked up. People leave for all kinds of reasons. We've been fortunate that there haven't been a lot of them at SDSU in any sports. There could be any number of reasons as evidenced by this thread.

The bottom line is that AJ and the other head coaches have consistently been recruiting better and better athletes and it is becoming harder each year to compete for playing time. They also have a great record of graduating kids and preparing them for life after college and athletics. Each individual player has their own motivation level, place a value on what is important to them, and make decisions based on that.

Their leaving opens up opportunities for others. Time to turn the page. One of the best things about college athletics IMHO is that the rosters are guaranteed to change as the athletes come and go from college. There is always a new set of dynamics for the next season.

I thank both of these ladies for their time at SDSU and wish them nothing but the best!

SUPERBUNNY
                Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Here is what I know, not that anybody cares. My source is reliable, I promise everyone that.

Chynna is leaving to pursue opportunities elsewhere. I don't know any details.

Kaitlyn is leaving and would like to get picked up by Amy Williams at USD where she will be going to school. Seems a relationship is playing a major role.

Best of luck to both of them. Really puts AJ and the Jackrabbits is a tough position. Need to find bodies for practice purposes. Roster is still very strong.

The reason why this has me disappointed is that both of them are leaving. I think that might make us play Young at the PF spot. I think she can do it (we will be a really tough matchup offensively) but I'd like to see other people down low playing post defense all game. I don't know for sure that Kaitlyn would be a good PF but her brother sure plays that position good for being the height that he is. I was hoping that she would be along the same lines with her physicalness. Now we have our starters and Flatta for players over 6' that return to the roster. I don't know how much Jessica will play right away and I think the other recruits are guards so we will see what happens.
                  A.J. will be fine but our post might have to be really scrappy with the lack of size we will have against some teams.
                  Not that Chynna was real tall but she was physical enough to make up for it with her toughness and build.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    The reason why this has me disappointed is that both of them are leaving. I think that might make us play Young at the PF spot. I think she can do it (we will be a really tough matchup offensively) but I'd like to see other people down low playing post defense all game. I don't know for sure that Kaitlyn would be a good PF but her brother sure plays that position good for being the height that he is. I was hoping that she would be along the same lines with her physicalness. Now we have our starters and Flatta for players over 6' that return to the roster. I don't know how much Jessica will play right away and I think the other recruits are guards so we will see what happens.
                    A.J. will be fine but our post might have to be really scrappy with the lack of size we will have against some teams.
                    Not that Chynna was real tall but she was physical enough to make up for it with her toughness and build.
                    Wish we had a 6'3" or greater player who could defend the paint, we give up too much there against elite teams, always undersized and at a disadvantage.That weakens our perimeter defense too. Maybe someday.

Comment

• Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Wish we had a 6'3" or greater player who could defend the paint, we give up too much there against elite teams, always undersized and at a disadvantage.That weakens our perimeter defense too. Maybe someday.
                      I stood next to Clarissa Ober the other day and she is 6'3".
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        Ellie Thompson will start at the 4 just as she did after Stevens got injured. I think Mieras will get a crash course in playing that spot to see if she can provide backup duty there. The JUCO player coming in will probably be the backup to Young at the 3 and maybe at the 4 if necessary.

Comment

Maybe they can talk Savanna Trapp (Esko, Mn and UCLA) to transfer to SDSU if they want some height. The Gophers turned her down.

Comment

Can we expect another signing soon to take Severyns place or do you think AJ will wait and hold onto that scholarship? A post transfer/JuCo will some height would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              Can we expect another signing soon to take Severyns place or do you think AJ will wait and hold onto that scholarship? A post transfer/JuCo will some height would be great.
                              With 15 total scholarships available , we would have two openings yet , correct ? I count 8 current players returning ( Alexander,Boever,Corneman,Miller,Young,Thompson,Ob er and Flaata ) plus the 4 fall signings plus the recent JUCO addition for a total of 13 for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                With 15 total scholarships available , we would have two openings yet , correct ? I count 8 current players returning ( Alexander,Boever,Corneman,Miller,Young,Thompson,Ob er and Flaata ) plus the 4 fall signings plus the recent JUCO addition for a total of 13 for next year.
                                I think we were holding onto the Jessica Hart slot this past year as well. We would expect that AJ has some plans ongoing even though it is not public. It would seem that the Hart slot could have been filled, but AJ did not find what he was wanting or that was available. The freshmen have contributed considerably the past 2 years and I would not be surprised to see the same trend this next year. Also, I recall that Megan W rotated to the 4 this year following Stevens injury. It might be there is another player the next year that can fill for Thompson in a similar fashion next year. It is disappointing that we have 2 players that appear to be leaving early. It is still a long ways from a dumpster fire.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X