2014-2015 & Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 & Future Rosters

I just talked to Lane Severyn. His sister is leaving the team. He doesn't know if she will leave the school or even still play basketball. Lane did not know about Chynna.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

If Chynna decides to leave I think we will be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        I just talked to Lane Severyn. His sister is leaving the team. He doesn't know if she will leave the school or even still play basketball. Lane did not know about Chynna.
        This is the way I'd like to see it work- there's a chain of responsibility that can be verified in play here. Thanks.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          This is the way I'd like to see it work- there's a chain of responsibility that can be verified in play here. Thanks.
          That was just for you filbert.
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I just talked to Lexi Alexander. Chynna is going to leave as well. She is interested in playing elsewhere. However, the reason for her leaving is unknown.

Comment

Re: Future Roster

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              If, big if, this is true... it's a big loss for the Jackrabbits (Stevens).

She's a good player. I've got to think it's something other than playing time.

Severyn, I could see. She is crazy kinds of athletic, but really never seemed to be able to put it all together. I'm sure seeing younger girls come in and contribute right away took away some confidence.

I wish them both well.
              She's been here for a year!!! And she redshirted!

Now if she does leave, that's her decisions but you can't say she never seemed to be able to put it together when she is a true freshman. That's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                I just talked to Lexi Alexander. Chynna is going to leave as well. She is interested in playing elsewhere. However, the reason for her leaving is unknown.
                Well....crap.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  OKAY, so you can believe that he actually talked to Lane and Lexi and confirmed that both are leaving? Anyone can just say they talked to someone. IMO, that is just as bad as not stating a source. How about waiting for documentation? This same thing happened when a Yote poster said Hansen got hired by USD, but it wasn't released yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    OKAY, so you can believe that he actually talked to Lane and Lexi and confirmed that both are leaving? Anyone can just say they talked to someone. IMO, that is just as bad as not stating a source. How about waiting for documentation? This same thing happened when a Yote poster said Hansen got hired by USD, but it wasn't released yet.
                    Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.
                      I get that, I'm just saying I could have said I talked to Lane or Lexi and no one would know if I did or didn't so how can you believe that? If you want to play the trust game so be it. An actual report from the school would be the most ideal.

Comment

I go to school at SDSU. I am good friends with Lane and with Lexi's roommate. When I saw that there were rumors on here, I sent Lane and Lexi texts to ask if there was any truth to the rumors. You don't have to believe me; I know that. I am just trying to provide information that is out there from sources that I am fortunate to have. However, there is no documentation for me speaking with them. Take it as you wish.

Comment

Re: Future Roster

Has anyone seen Jessica Mieras play enough to make an educated guess if she could play the 4 in the Jacks system ? Having only seen highlights on the 10:00 news , I would wonder if she is mobile enough to play out at the top of the key where AJ likes to have the 4 play from. She looks like she may be more of a low post player.

Comment

I get that, I'm just saying I could have said I talked to Lane or Lexi and no one would know if I did or didn't so how can you believe that? If you want to play the trust game so be it. An actual report from the school would be the most ideal.
                            You're missing something important. When a person on this board states they talked to a member of the team or, in this case, a member of one team about his sister on another team, and that turns out to be false, we have an easy way to deal with the person who posted the falsehood.

Your characterization of reliance on such attribution as a "trust game" is unfortunate. If someone was playing a "game" then, again, the moderators have a quick and easy remedy.

filbert's rule on attribution is a reasonable rule and helps keep this board a little more sane and reliable than some message boards.

Comment

I just text messaged a friend who knows Doug Elgin, the commissioner of the Missouri Valley Conference. He Facebook messaged me back and told me that all MVFC Summit teams are merging with the MVC. Oh, also, once this happens the MVC will begin sponsoring FBS football (Just in time for the new stadium to be finished). He said that Wichita State was adding football again, he said he had a reliable source from inside the Shocker athletic program.

Oh, other things too. UND will join us. Drake will add football scholarships. Bradley, Evansville, Loyola, IPFW, and IUPUI are leaving for the Horizon League. Denver back to WAC.

Also, the Big 12 is paying for all scholarship increases to FBS for some reason. The guy who facebook messaged me said he didn't really know why, but he said he thought it had something to do with wrestling.

Anyway.... take it for what its worth but... pretty solid information here.

**Edit: I almost forgot, talked to a friend of Peyton Manning the other day. Peyton has changed his mind about coming back to the NFL next season. He is becoming SDSU's QB coach, and because he is rich, he is doing it for free.

Too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                                I just text messaged a friend.....
                                Okay, I'll play along (but just a little). I conclude that due to the timing of the message, the nature of the message (e.g. totally off topic etc.) that mmiller_34 is simply making crap up to try to make a point that attributing something to a person is not proof that the attributed statement is true. In other words: mmiller_34 is violating various other rules on the board which were intended to have reasonable discourse on SDSU athletics and related. It's easy to now conclude that mmiller_34 is not a reliable poster* and wants to jab at the bartenders (all of whom are very well paid to keep track of and limit the efforts of idiots). So, let's do this: mmiller_34, this is a warning. Don't push it.

There. Happy now?

*Trolls are not reliable posters.

Comment

Working...
                                X