WNIT Final 4: SDSU @ UTEP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WNIT Final 4: SDSU @ UTEP

Four min to play, game even. UTEP 26 FTs, Rutgers 6!

Comment

Final: Rutgers 56, UTEP 54. UTEP found itself in another battle to the end.

Is it just me or were the refs a little tough on Rutgers (or, perhaps it is more accurate to say 'more forgiving' toward UTEP) for much of the game? Roy pointed out the huge disparity in free throws with only four minutes left in the game. (Sounds a little like Wednesday's game but I'm not saying that! )

Comment

Rutgers 56 UTEP 54 Final

UTEP shot 30 fts and fouled 12 times while Rutgers shot 12 fts and fouled 22 times and only shot 3 3 pointers. UTEP out rebounded Rutgers 47-36

Comment

Did anyone see the game? I was monitoring the play by play. Both teams made layups in the final 0.02, UTEP to tie and Rutgers to win. WITW?

Comment

[QUOTE=SanDakotaState;252716]Rutgers 56 UTEP 54 Final

UTEP shot 30 fts and fouled 12 times while Rutgers shot 12 fts and fouled 22 times and only shot 3 3 pointers. UTEP out rebounded Rutgers 47-36[/QU
            The foul situation was even further apart until the last few minutes when UTEP picked up about 6 fouls. An early season tourney that had Denver men and WIU men playing at UTEP had similar foul situations for the visitors. It may be hard to get calls for the visitors in El Paso.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Rutgers 56 UTEP 54 Final

UTEP shot 30 fts and fouled 12 times while Rutgers shot 12 fts and fouled 22 times and only shot 3 3 pointers. UTEP out rebounded Rutgers 47-36
              Really weird how the foul totals pile up on the visiting team. UTEP must know how to play aggressively with out fouling or there is something rotten in the state of Denmark. That's right Denmark is not a state.

Comment

Did a little research at both Official web sites, and found the following. Total Personal fouls for the season for UTEP, 672 will their opponents were charged with 773 personal fouls. A difference of 101. SDSU had 731 PF for the season and 742 were called on the opponents. Its hard to make a case for bad officiating. I tend to think UTEP found a way to play aggressively with out getting whistled. Today they come out on the short end, but next season, well its a new game. I think we need to adjust better to the new rules that came into play this year.

Comment

Steph Paluch was named to the WNIT all-tournament team

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209454320

Comment

Working...
                  X