WNIT Final 4: SDSU @ UTEP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WNIT Final 4: SDSU @ UTEP

The Jacks take on the Miners at 8pm on Wednesday. Winner of this game takes on the winner of Rutgers/USF for the WNIT crown.

Re: WNIT Final 4: SDSU @ UTEP

Only one common opponent, Middle Tennessee State.

SDSU lost by 15 on the road.
    UTEP lost by 11 on the road.

Comment

@UTEPAthletics: Semifinal tickets for @UTEPWBB on sale 8am Tuesday with the following prices $15 floor, $10 GA and $5 UTEP students
      Ticket center 747-5234

How much will this increase in prices affect attendance?
      Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 03-31-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Might not be as big a crowd as they have been getting - just saw a retweet from TV that UTEP is hiking prices to $15 for reserved , $10 for GA

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Might not be as big a crowd as they have been getting - just saw a retweet from TV that UTEP is hiking prices to $15 for reserved , $10 for GA
          They are playing with house money with large turnouts up to this point. This will be great test for these women playing in front of a large hostile crowd. It will be a game for me to tune in JJ and Jill. Go Jacks!!
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Hope its a big quiet crowd that has nothing to cheer about.We keep playing the way we have been,that could very well happen.Little time to prepare,but we can feel comfortable knowing we are really playing good basketball at this time.

Home teams play a little harder and are a little more aggressive,so,i expect a hard fight from UTEP.Better to expect a hard fight than expect everything to go perfect,it probably won't.If it does,so much the better,but don't expect it.Feeling confident in our team meeting the challenge and coming away with the win.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Hope its a big quiet crowd that has nothing to cheer about.We keep playing the way we have been,that could very well happen.Little time to prepare,but we can feel comfortable knowing we are really playing good basketball at this time.
              Well, they certainly can't come out flat like they kind of have the last 3 games (won't be able to feed off crowd energy). need to go aggressively to the hoop, and not just pass the ball around until the shot clock forces a shot.

Comment

I think using the shot clock could be intentional. What better way wear down a short bench then make them play defence longer. Which will lead to fouls, easier shots and offensive rebounds.

Comment

Jacks' big hurdle to get over at this point is mental . . . be ready to play from opening tip, and stay focused for 40 minutes.

The Indiana coach said that playing at Frost would help his team down the line. The same is true of the Jacks, win or lose tomorrow night. Priceless experience for this team, will (I hope) pay dividends in the future. Now, I'd rather have a WNIT title to go along with those dividends, of course . . . they're there right now after all. Might as well take advantage of the opportunity.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Not much time to prepare for UTEP. I'm sure they are traveling today.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Jacks' big hurdle to get over at this point is mental . . . be ready to play from opening tip, and stay focused for 40 minutes.

The Indiana coach said that playing at Frost would help his team down the line. The same is true of the Jacks, win or lose tomorrow night. Priceless experience for this team, will (I hope) pay dividends in the future. Now, I'd rather have a WNIT title to go along with those dividends, of course . . . they're there right now after all. Might as well take advantage of the opportunity.
                      UTEP is nearly unbeatable at home at 20-1 this year, much like the Jackrabbits. The possibility of a return to Frost for the championship game should help to motivate the Jackrabbits. Going to be a tough place to win. Jacks will have to rebound well and make open shots. The defense cannot let down and there cannot be long scoring droughts like this team has been prone to away from Frost. Interesting match-up for sure.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Not much time to prepare for UTEP. I'm sure they are traveling today.
                        I'm sure the Jacks assistants have been preparing for both UTEP and UW since the Jacks won
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Huge crowd, tough UTEP record at home, short-notice trip, little time to prepare; it will be extremely impressive if we come out of there with a win. This is the kind of test you'd expect in the Final Four of the WNIT. I think a solid 40-minute effort will be enough to get it done, but there have been a lot of games where that does not seem to happen.

Any word on viewing options? I'm guessing we'll end up paying UTEP for a feed. I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Huge crowd, tough UTEP record at home, short-notice trip, little time to prepare; it will be extremely impressive if we come out of there with a win. This is the kind of test you'd expect in the Final Four of the WNIT. I think a solid 40-minute effort will be enough to get it done, but there have been a lot of games where that does not seem to happen.

Any word on viewing options? I'm guessing we'll end up paying UTEP for a feed. I'll take it.
                            I'd be very surprised if the Jacks haven't had designated assistants breaking down film and creating a game plan for both teams since Sunday night. Also, Spoelstra has talked about when he was a video coordinator for Stan Van Gundy, he once created a game plan for 7 different teams in one day. As far as the players being prepared. I'm sure they practiced yesterday and practiced for both teams and had a practice/walk through this morning before they left to go through UTEP so I feel that the players should be prepared. I am not that worried about the Jacks not being prepared.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

This group of players appears to be as ready as any other time of the season. The 3 freshmen have been in the groove off the bench. The seniors and juniors have been steady in their intensity through the tournament. The defense from this team has been very good. Peaking is what some might call this behavior. It would be awesome to get this victory on the road and get home for the final game to be played in Frost! Go Jacks!!
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X