WNIT Final 4: SDSU @ UTEP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WNIT Final 4: SDSU @ UTEP

I listened to the utep game last night. 3500 in frost makes about tens times the crowd noise that 10000 does in texas. Hope their tickets increases bite them and only 4000 show up.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      The defense from this team has been very good.!
      That's the big difference between this team and the one who lost to USD in Sioux Falls. Playing consistently strong defense allows you to stay in games when your shots aren't falling , which will happen from time to time. Hopefully the memory of the Summit tournament left a lasting impression of how this team needs to play to beat good teams on a consistent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Might not be as big a crowd as they have been getting - just saw a retweet from TV that UTEP is hiking prices to $15 for reserved , $10 for GA
        Reserved is already sold out. Only GA left. Attendance will be 10,000+
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          I listened to the utep game last night. 3500 in frost makes about tens times the crowd noise that 10000 does in texas. Hope their tickets increases bite them and only 4000 show up.
          I am concerned that the noise of the crowd of 10,000 vs. the Frost crowd of 3500 may be easily explained by the type of microphone used, and things like that. And, there's a lot more room in UTEP arena to absorb some noise. I am hoping that the Frost noise, although favorable noise for the Jackrabbits, will help the team play in a noisy venue. Most college women's basketball teams play in relatively quiet arenas.

I'm wishing the game was tonight...let's get this show on the road and notch a Jackrabbit win and, I hope, a return to Frost one more time!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            UTEP is nearly unbeatable at home at 20-1 this year, much like the Jackrabbits. The possibility of a return to Frost for the championship game should help to motivate the Jackrabbits. Going to be a tough place to win. Jacks will have to rebound well and make open shots. The defense cannot let down and there cannot be long scoring droughts like this team has been prone to away from Frost. Interesting match-up for sure.
            The biggest thing I think for the Jacks is being consistently aggressive on offense. In the games I've seen in person, there are times when we as a team seem to sit back and pass the ball around the perimeter and then shoot 3 pointers. We don't shoot as well in those times as when multiple players are aggressive in the offense and we break the perimeter of the defense either by dribble penetration or by getting the ball consistently in to the post players. Even if the drives and post entries don't result in a ton of baskets, the 3 point attempts that come from the inside out movement have been more successful.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Win or lose,this has turned out to be a great year after all,especially the way they turned disappointment into achievement.Really impressed with the gritty resolve and determination to not let the season end with a wimper,but instead a newfound determination to end on a positive note.I'm sure they'll do just as well their next game,or hopefully two,but will be a proud fan either way.This has been a fun and exciting journey,for that,I give my thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Win or lose,this has turned out to be a great year after all,especially the way they turned disappointment into achievement.Really impressed with the gritty resolve and determination to not let the season end with a wimper,but instead a newfound determination to end on a positive note.I'm sure they'll do just as well their next game,or hopefully two,but will be a proud fan either way.This has been a fun and exciting journey,for that,I give my thanks.
                Yup...been quite a ride. Let's be honest. We'll probably need to be 12-15 pts better than them to win tomorrow. Possible?...absolutely. Likely?...we'll find out. Either way, the Jacks are STILL the class of the Summit!
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

They are going to be a hard team to wear down. They have 9 players that average at least 10.6 minutes/game. Six of them average over 20 mins/game. 6 of 9 are guards, with another 6'1" girl from Spain being considered a G/F.

Their top player will be a 3-time all conference forward when post season awards are anounced this year. Kayla Thornton is a 6'1" hometown girl that leads the team with 19.8 pts/10.1 rebounds per game. She also leads UTEP with 88 steals, averages 2 assists and 1 block per game. She also has help inside with 6'4" Kristine Vitola from Latvia. She averages 2.4 blocks/game while adding good numbers in rebounds and assists. 5'10" Chrishauna Parker is a blue collar, work-horse by contributing 7.6 points and 8.8 rebounds/game. She also leads the team in assists and added 53 steals on the season. If you don't put a body on her when she is on offense, she will clean up the boards. She has 127 offensive boards on the season.

While we've beat teams with better players in the NIT, this has to be one of the better/deeper teams in the field. (Jackrabbits fit that mold too!) Should be entertaining basketball.

Comment

Their two posts played 35 minutes each last night and each had double doubles. Vitola with 21 and Thornton with 20. They scored 41 of their teams 71. Parker also had 35 minutes so they only really subbed their guards out. Nash got the most time off the bench with 22 minutes. Our gals had yesterday off and an early practice this morning before flying down to Texas so we should have a slight edge in Prep and recovery time we will see if we can wear down the players they don't sub.

Comment

Has anyone heard about Streaming or Television options yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                        I want to say that they only to watch the game will be buying it through UTEP. You can listen to JJ call the game through Jackrabbit Extra or 570AM radio. I think TV will also have a chat during the game on ArgusLeader.com

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/...kbl-sched.html

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          I want to say that they only to watch the game will be buying it through UTEP. You can listen to JJ call the game through Jackrabbit Extra or 570AM radio. I think TV will also have a chat during the game on ArgusLeader.com

http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/...kbl-sched.html
                          For those of you with the free "Tune-In Radio" app on your smartphone, you may be able to stream the game via the 570 AM channel. I was not able to get SDSU games during the regular season, but I was able to get the WNIT game against Indiana using that App.

It's a great app by the way.

Comment

Their two posts played 35 minutes each last night and each had double doubles. Vitola with 21 and Thornton with 20. They scored 41 of their teams 71..
                            Clarin is going to have to stay out of foul trouble. I have to give her a lot of credit for staying under control in the game on Sunday. I thought she was doomed when she picked up that first foul just 11 seconds into the game. I'm not sure she gets enough credit for what she does defensively.

Comment

I think you will find all the teams have fewer players getting minutes than the season average. The starting 5 for UTEP had 3 players had over 34 minutes the last game and 30+ in the other tourney games. the top 2 reserves had 21 & 22 minutes last night. Some of their tourney games had 3 players off the bench for more than 10 minutes. SDSU has had 4 players off the bench in double minutes and then Chloe has had some minutes in the first half. The rotation has tightened for these late games. The 9 person rotation may be part of the reason for improved play recently. It should be a good game.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Someone listened to the 1150 Fox radio last night for free. http://radio.gjoy24.com/online/KHRO_1150
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X