Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota at Frost

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but looking at the short list, if I'm the AD at Minnesota AJ is my clear front-runner and would be a home-run hire. Young coach, fantastic recruiting ties to Minnesota and other Midwestern states, proven winner with multiple NCAA appearances.........the list goes on.

In my opinion, he should be their clear #1 target. I may be a bit biased though.
    I think Tyler Summitt, Marquettes assistant coach, would be another excellent hire for them. Pat Summitts son, young and upcoming coach, and he already has ties from coaching in Wisconsin.

Comment

I just dont know enough about the other womens coaches to think, but I knew AJ would be on the short list. I for one would be happy obviously if he stayed, but would not be surprised one bit if he left. this could probably be the 1 job that could get him away from here if he wanted it.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think a short list would be shorter than the one the Trib is putting out. And there are some intriguing names on their, alongside AJ. I certainly might be wrong, but I still will be surprised if Minnesota hires a male coach for their women's basketball program. If they pick AJ, as I said in an earlier post, I'll be eternally grateful to him for the great job he has done at SDSU!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I think your right. He almost left once....what was that like 8 years ago.

He could very well be at SDSU for life.

He could also leave tomorrow.
          He verbally agreed to take the job a UW-Green Bay. Flew out there to make it official and changed his mind. I am thankful for that.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This post about AJ and the future has been moved to the Pam Borton thread on the College Athletics page.
            Last edited by Jacked_Up; 03-28-2014, 04:11 PM. Reason: Move
            This space for lease.

Comment

Now that Minnesota is in the rear view mirror, I'll admit that the Minnesota Rouser is one of my more favorite college fight songs.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Now that Minnesota is in the rear view mirror, I'll admit that the Minnesota Rouser is one of my more favorite college fight songs.
                One of my personal favorites is the Texas A&M Aggie War Hymn. It was written by Pinky Wilson, an Aggie student who fought in World War I. He wrote the lyrics in 1918 on the back of a letter from home while holed up in a trench during a battle in France.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  I think a short list would be shorter than the one the Trib is putting out. And there are some intriguing names on their, alongside AJ. I certainly might be wrong, but I still will be surprised if Minnesota hires a male coach for their women's basketball program. If they pick AJ, as I said in an earlier post, I'll be eternally grateful to him for the great job he has done at SDSU!
                  I am agreeing with Jacks#1Fan. With the emphasis today on hiring female coach's for major positions it would be another challenge for AJ to get the job. However, I am also saying that AJ would likely be the best candidate regardless of who is on that list. That said - if U of M would hire a male coach they better have all the I's dotted and the T's cross as I am sure there will be some interesting questions asked!

I have to believe that if there is a dream job that AJ has been keeping an eye on it may very well be the Gopher job. Here's hoping he stays.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    The discussion of coaches' futures in this thread is off-topic.

Further discussion of that sort in this thread is subject to deletion, editing, or other moderation at the sole discretion of the moderator involved.

Posters may, should they wish to continue the discussion, start another thread.

s/ The Mgt.
                    Hello, people.

Remember me?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Banham had a great game with 6 made three point shots i believe.What makes us better is we have multiple three point shooters,which helps spread the floor a lot better when the threes are coming from all over the court and by different players. Someone asked if it was the game plan to shoot 32 threes,my thinking is it doesn't matter,as long as the shooting % stays above 33%,(+/- 2%) And, it's a streak thing sometimes and can become contagious in getting makes.

The main thing we've done though, is we just play hard defense and make the other team play hard to score.We are crashing the boards particularly the offensive board and controlling the ball by limiting turnovers,we are getting more shots by making less mistakes and possessing the ball more by rebounding and blocking out better.We've become much more efficient offensively,thus much harder to beat.And staying in the game with our toughness untill the shots start falling

We didn't do these things well at the start of the season.Really fun to watch this team now and see how much they've all elevated their game. This has been a really fun tournament,and it looks like we can keep going, the way we're playing now.Keep defending Frost till the end Ladies!
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-29-2014, 10:49 PM. Reason: spell chk

Comment

Working...
                      X