GDT: SDSU vs. NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs. NDSU

Our remaining conference schedule,gives us 5 home games,and four on the road.IUPUI on the other hand has 4 home games and five on the road.Slight advantage there.

IPUI has to play W. ILL at their home,they gave us a tough game there,the Mavs,Denver ,they are undefeated and shoot lights out at home,we have a road game with them too,an improving USD and a alway's tough IPFW, all road games.

The games will get to be harder fought as teams get more desparate for wins and fight harder for a good Tournament seed.We have to meet the challenge and step up our game now,can't wait for later as I expect the competition to step up their game as well.

We don't want to be that unfortunate team that doesn't have quite enough and is a little too late stepping up the effort.That team will be brushed aside in the Summit race to secure a favorable seed rather quickly by the teams that want it more.This has never been us,and i don't expect it to be us this year either.Once you settle for "good enough",you've reached the peak of your potential and you open the door for others to pass you by.

Maybe an un-needed concern for a team thats started 5-0,but it's always good to stay a little hungry,a little vigilant.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-27-2014, 02:04 PM. Reason: doctoring

Comment

I've posted this before, and I'll repeat it.

Part of the reason for the "slow starts" and the difficulty early in the season is that they do play so many players.

Takes a while to get everyone into their role, and it depends on how people respond on a given night.

The familiarity grows as the season goes on, and the team starts to play better. Plus the depth developed along the way is phenomenal.

No other team in the league plays as many people as many minutes as the Jackrabbits do. That's why they can survive a bad night here, a bad game there, an injury, etc... It takes more time, but it makes for a stronger program.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Part of the reason for the "slow starts" and the difficulty early in the season is that they do play so many players.

Takes a while to get everyone into their role, and it depends on how people respond on a given night.

The familiarity grows as the season goes on, and the team starts to play better. Plus the depth developed along the way is phenomenal.

No other team in the league plays as many people as many minutes as the Jackrabbits do. That's why they can survive a bad night here, a bad game there, an injury, etc... It takes more time, but it makes for a stronger program.

Very true,I also think that's why we have so many turn overs in some early games,but,I think by March,the TO issues are pretty much resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          If you look at the other teams in the Summit each team is playing their "star" for 35+ min/game. Everyone, except the Jacks. It is RARE for a Jacks WBB player to get in 30 min/game. Even rarer is that IT'S THE SAME PERSON each game. VS NDSU it was a bench player (with a heck of a hot hand), and she was AT 30 min.
          Good point. What a luxury it is to not have to lean too hard on any one player. Having a true freshman capable of putting up 20+ among a pile of other quality bench players makes our situation even better.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Here here.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Good point. What a luxury it is to not have to lean too hard on any one player. Having a true freshman capable of putting up 20+ among a pile of other quality bench players makes our situation even better.
              The Summit POW has included 15 names this year. It was Steph Paluch twice for SDSU(shared once). 7 times it was IPFW or IUPUI women. 3 times there was WIU. Twice it was USD and once for NDSU. It is a luxury to have the depth and all player contibutions to be on top of the conference. The odds should be in favor of making the turn for the second half undefeated at 7-0 this week.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
              X