X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs. NDSU

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I give up on radio....no coverage at all....pathetic
    I don't know what the problems are with the Jackrabbit women team's radio coverage, but if you cannot tune in to the Jacks broadcast for next Sunday's game against the Yotes, use the link on the Yotes website to listen to John Thayer's call of the game. He does a great job.
    USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
      I don't know what the problems are with the Jackrabbit women team's radio coverage, but if you cannot tune in to the Jacks broadcast for next Sunday's game against the Yotes, use the link on the Yotes website to listen to John Thayer's call of the game. He does a great job.
      Thanks...your talking the digital broadcast through the web site? I've used it once already.....no problems at all.

Comment

Digital broadcast - can access it either from the event portion of the Yotes website or from the station's website, which is normally kvht.com, but if Yotes men game overlaps the women's game then to kvtk.com
        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
          Digital broadcast - can access it either from the event portion of the Yotes website or from the station's website, which is normally kvht.com, but if Yotes men game overlaps the women's game then to kvtk.com
          I used the link provided by USD on their web site.

PS, It's televised by Midco,if you have that option.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            yea the Jacks have a lot of freshman playing minutes but I am still surprised at how bad the upper classmen/women play this year. its like they are regressing instead of progressing

It's unfair to say bad I think.

In this game ,Paluch was 3-4 FG, 1-2 3 pt FG , 2-3 FT for 9 pts in 26 min. Heiser was 1-2 FG , 0-1 3 pt FG, 4-5 FT, 6 pts in 17 min. Both players missed 1 of their FG attempts and 1 of their ft'S....thats all.

Hardly bad stats,they didn't hurt the team at all with these numbers.Maybe they just aren't as productive as you'd wish,perhaps?

Strop got 0 points,2 rbds in 14 min...she had a bad game.

Sorry Stugis....,looked up more stats,for the year,Paluch is second leading scorer.Paluch and Heiser are the two best 3 pt shooters on the team at 42% and 41% respectively.Stuart is 50%,but she doesn't shoot many(6-12).We're horrible at 3 pt shooting,other than Cornemann,Heiser,Paluch,Stuart and Waytashek,with Walters close to being ok. Paluch second on team behind Boever in assists at 39 ,Heiser right behind at 37,Waytashek has 37.They both have to be on the floor,according to the statistics .Strop having an off yr,but she could come around yet too.

Link:http://www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/sta...B/teamcume.htm
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-27-2014, 01:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

104.1 from Yankton and 93.7 from Brookings are the stations for Eastern SD. I picked up the Yankton station on my radio when I was north of Sioux Falls this year. 93.7 does not have the range in the evening. I never checked 910 today since that is usually fair coverage during the day. It is disappointing that Jackrabbit Network is not doing a better job for the women. The women appeared to have a decent day with a huge edge in rebounds and good free throw percentage to balance the 16 turnovers.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It's unfair to say bad I think.
                In this game ,Paluch was 3-4 FG,1-2 3 pt FG ,2-3 FT for 9 pts in 26 min .She missed 1 of her FG attempts and 1 of her ft'S....thats all. Heiser was 1-2 FG ,0-1 3 pt FG,4-5 FT,6 pts in 17 min.Hardly bad stats,they didn't hurt the team at all with these numbers.Maybe they just aren't as productive as you'd wish,perhaps?
                Strop got 0 points,2 rbds in 14 min...she had a bad game.
                The Jacks need to get Waytashek scoring more consistently to jump on teams from the start. Her last 8 games - 5,5,5,6,7,9,12(8 free throws) and 23. Needs to do more to repeat as 1st team All-Conference selection.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  The Jacks need to get Waytashek scoring more consistently to jump on teams from the start. Her last 8 games - 5,5,5,6,7,9,12(8 free throws) and 23. Needs to do more to repeat as 1st team All-Conference selection.
                  I've been execting her to do more too,but it's something that will happen eventually,this year seems like it is harder for Waytashek to get going than last year was(Seakamp for USD too) .Her potential is still there,you have to wait for it sometimes.This applies to more than just her in my opinion.
                  She's becomming a heck of a passer though,which contributes points on the scoreboard indirectly.

I do agree,we start way too slow for scoring,need to jump out faster and with a bigger lead.Get the machine rolling ,if you will.The opposition always plays harder if they think they have a chance and they can stay reasonably close.

They have to learn the game gets easier if you play harder,the good teams know this.Good teams don't progress playing just good enough,they progress playing as hard as they can and winning by as much as they are capable of.

Playing against our OOC opponents this year,and in the NCAA Tournament ,we should have learned that.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-25-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

There will be 2 games this week and give Megan twice as many opportunities for another breakout game. I still enjoy the extra talent the freshmen class brings and the seniors showing the way late in the game at the line. If the women could get through the first half of the conference undefeated, that would be a great statement. If we could get a couple of large margin wins at Frost, it would get "the machine rolling"
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

And the final margin was either 20 or 22 points (I saw a 75-53 and a 73-53 in papers), right at the 21 pt margin from the handicappers.

This team is pretty much on target to be the #1 seed, and repeat AGAIN as Summit champ. It would be wonderful if they elevate to an 11 seed. Keep cheering on UW-GB in the Horizon, UNI in the MoValley, and Penn St in the Big10 and TCU in the Big 12. Last brackeology had Notre Dame and Stanford as #1 seeds, and FGCU as the A-Sun champ.

To advance in the NCAA tourney, the Jacks will need another Penn St. quality game. This is still the most skilled team since the 08-09 magical mystery tour team. While they have fewer victories, the ratchet up in OOC play leaves these ladies better prepped for any challenge. Good to see at least one rescued/tight game (Western IL). Dominating a league can mean not being prepped for a hard fought, or trailing fight back game.

Comment

Considering the way things went on the road in December, I'm pretty happy that we are 5-0 with three road wins. We should get tested better in the second half, with road games at IUPUI, IPFW, and USD. That should be a good tune-up for the pressure of the Tournament. Hopefully we will get a little help from another team knocking off IUPUI, because there's a decent chance we'll end up with at least one loss.

Comment

It is possible that the yotes will have IUPUI number again this year. We almost had a loss at IPFW last year as well. The game between IUPUI and IPFW was closer than I thought it would be over the weekend. The Jackrabbit women may be ready to rev up the motor for the rest of the season. Hopefully we can have some good crowds this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Considering the way things went on the road in December, I'm pretty happy that we are 5-0 with three road wins. We should get tested better in the second half, with road games at IUPUI, IPFW, and USD. That should be a good tune-up for the pressure of the Tournament. Hopefully we will get a little help from another team knocking off IUPUI, because there's a decent chance we'll end up with at least one loss.
                            IPFW just missed getting the road W at IUPUI on Sat. Wouldn't be surprised if IPFW gets a W when at home in Feb.

Comment

I do agree,we start way too slow for scoring,need to jump out faster and with a bigger lead.Get the machine rolling ,if you will.The opposition always plays harder if they think they have a chance and they can stay reasonably close.
                              I'm not against fast starts (or for slow starts), but I think one of the reasons why we pull away later in games this year, is that our bench is not very far behind our starters, and we are usually better than our opponents in the second half and near the end of the game for that reason. I echo one other posters remarks that when we start slow, AJ isn't hesitant to pull a lot of the starters out and play our bench to provide a little prod for the starters. Either way, I do agree the second half road games will be tougher than our first half, and we will need everybody to step up to keep us rolling.

Comment

If you look at the other teams in the Summit each team is playing their "star" for 35+ min/game. Everyone, except the Jacks. It is RARE for a Jacks WBB player to get in 30 min/game. Even rarer is that IT'S THE SAME PERSON each game. VS NDSU it was a bench player (with a heck of a hot hand), and she was AT 30 min. Where Jacks will compete and beat most teams is the fresh bodies concepts. That depth, when as well meshed and balanced as the Jacks, will produce "pull away" in second half or allow to catch-up to most teams, and certainly any in the Summit. The other part is it it reduces the chances, but doesn't eliminate stress fractures/torn ACLs. The teams riding one to two players for 35+ mins are at a distinct risk of wearing out that "horse". ORU's Jaci Bignam? (#2 to Kevi Luper), and even Kevi were shells of their January selves come March. Jacks don't have those issues. Sure, Steph Paluch went down with ACL in 2012 Summit Tourney, and there have been other SDSU players go down, but rarely, nor with the consequences that most of our Summit opponents have suffered.

We're in a good position. Sure, want to see them even more dominant, but I'll take what I've seen so far. Hope to see the Jacks undefeated through the first half of the Summit League round-robin.

Comment

Working...
                                X