X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Tournament: South Carolina

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    So the fact that Auburn Hills was chosen and its proximity to two of the perennial powers in the country, one with one of the top coaches in the country and the other with one of the top point guards, had nothing to do with it being chosen, or nothing to do with the fact that the point guard got matched up in an opener with a team with another great point guard? Nothing to do with it?
    I don't think it plays any role, none at all. Sioux Falls should certainly aspire to host an opening round of the women's NCAA tourney. Brookings does not seem like an appropriate venue to me. If Sioux Falls did host I would think SDSU and USD could work together as the host institutions.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Read my words Nidaros. Vermillion, never. I said I would bet Brookings won't host. Sioux Falls has a chance. The problem with SF, is who is the "host" school? Don't assume it would be SDSU. The NCAA doesn't have the bias we all do. That's not being disrespectful to you or your school, that's the way it is. Now I can anticipate the amount of bias that will be heaped on me because I am a Coyote.
      The Oakland University was the host school for the Auburn Hills location. It sounded like they had an opportunity to make some money in the deal as well. It should be doable for the Dakotas as well. Seats with occupants is the answer. It has happened in Sioux Falls before.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I don't think it plays any role, none at all. Sioux Falls should certainly aspire to host an opening round of the women's NCAA tourney. Brookings does not seem like an appropriate venue to me. If Sioux Falls did host I would think SDSU and USD could work together as the host institutions.
        I think you could also say that Delaware did not seem like an appropriate venue, but they hosted. I'm fairly certain that the only reason Delaware bid to host was because of Delle Donne. Whether the NCAA took that into account when deciding host sites, I'm not even gonna pretend to know.

I think the assumption was (by many on this board) that a larger venue than Frost was necessary to host. Well that's obviously not the case. I suspect there are other requirements to host such as number of motels rooms.

Comment

This thread has drifted

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            The Oakland University was the host school for the Auburn Hills location. It sounded like they had an opportunity to make some money in the deal as well. It should be doable for the Dakotas as well. Seats with occupants is the answer. It has happened in Sioux Falls before.
            I agree

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              . I agree

Comment

I have been in the Bob Carpenter Center numerous times, and it is very similar in seating capacity to Frost Arena. However Newark, DE is along the I-95 corridor and there are probably 25 million people that live within 120 miles of Newark if not more than that.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  I have been in the Bob Carpenter Center numerous times, and it is very similar in seating capacity to Frost Arena. However Newark, DE is along the I-95 corridor and there are probably 25 million people that live within 120 miles of Newark if not more than that.
                  And that's probably the difference in Newark hosting and Brookings hosting. Still think the main reason Delaware would bid to host is because of Della Donne. They have something special and they knew it.

Sioux Falls has a legit shot at hosting a regional. I do wonder what the attendence would be if SDSU or USD wouldn't make the tourney that particular year.

Comment

. I agree
                    Working on 1,000 posts?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Read my words Nidaros. Vermillion, never. I said I would bet Brookings won't host. Sioux Falls has a chance. The problem with SF, is who is the "host" school? Don't assume it would be SDSU. The NCAA doesn't have the bias we all do. That's not being disrespectful to you or your school, that's the way it is. Now I can anticipate the amount of bias that will be heaped on me because I am a Coyote.
                      If Coach Williams can find a few more Seekamps, she is going to finally start to draw crowds by winning games, and Vermillion is close enough to Sewer City to make up the motel deficit. I dont care particularily for Sioux City and its odors, but it still has quite few motels. If the right cards fall in place, USD could be a host that is what I am saying. Are they not hosting a WNIT game tonight? Who would have tunk it? Not me!!! With revenue maximization taking a back seat in WBB, who is a host is not a big deal whereas with MBB, a much different story and all sorts of considerations are taken into account in order to squeez the $$$$$$$$$$ out of every second of every game played.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Are they not hosting a WNIT game tonight? Who would have tunk it? Not me!!!
                        Me either, because they are hosting the WBI tournament semifinal, not a WNIT game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Sioux Falls has a legit shot at hosting a regional. I do wonder what the attendence would be if SDSU or USD wouldn't make the tourney that particular year.
                          I would have to think attendance would take a major, major hit depending on the other teams that would be placed in SF.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Me either, because they are hosting the WBI tournament semifinal, not a WNIT game.
                            Yes, there is a big difference between the WNIT and WBI. I have to educate so called 'Yote fans about this on a daily basis. Many of them believe this to be the NIT of women's basketball, which it is not. The WNIT is the NIT of basketball, and it is a totally seperate tournament.

Also, none of these 'Yote fans are travelling over to Vermillion for the game.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Want to talk USD in the WBI? Start a thread in the appropriate section.

This one is closed.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X