Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT-Ft Wayne

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I think we play to our competition level a lot more than we should.That's understandable,and i don't think it's a big enough concern to harp on.They've said in their post game interviews that they realize they have far more potential than they've shown,and,i believe they do too.Some game,it'll all just click and everything will go perfectly,hopefully it'll happen during tournament time.Let's face it, our problems are something the rest of the League would gladly accept ,if it meant being 10-1 and in first place going into the last 5 games of the year.Go Jacks!

On a side note,this is totally unrelated to the team win,just an observation,but,how fast is Katie Lingle ?Watching the highlites of the Jacks vs Middle Tenn,she gets a rebound and tears downcourt and is at half court before she seems to realize that I'm a center not a gaurd and stops.But at that time I thought," man,she's SEC fast,wish she'd have trusted her ball handling skills and took it to the hoop".That may have,or may not have turned out good,but it would have been fun to see her try it once.Maybe she thought what AJ would have said ,because she did stop fast....lol
    I think what I was impressed with Lingle is she reacts and doesnt think. Which is good thing to me. When she got here i was worried she wouldnt fit in with the style of play or really be a factoer but boy was I wrong, thats why i leave it up to the coaching staff. she gets some good angles and can make things happen in the post and I think she is a huge part of what SDSU has done while she was here. maybe not got the hype of a sunny or jill but for different reasons she is just as important.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I think what I was impressed with Lingle is she reacts and doesnt think. Which is good thing to me. When she got here i was worried she wouldnt fit in with the style of play or really be a factoer but boy was I wrong, thats why i leave it up to the coaching staff. she gets some good angles and can make things happen in the post and I think she is a huge part of what SDSU has done while she was here. maybe not got the hype of a sunny or jill but for different reasons she is just as important.
      Lingle has good instincts and has really good post moves.Whoever works with our post players,I hope we can keep them on staff forever,they all get better from their freshman years.They deserve a raise,all of our staff.
      I've believed that we can show extremely good athleticism as most of our players are really coordinated ,not the fastest(although not exactly slow either),can't jump the highest(but we can jump good),not the quickest(but have good reactions).We have players that handle hard passes and have good hand eye coordination.I've seen Big conference players blow lay ups that are routine for us.To me we are an "athletic" team .We always get these type players,and it's been good for the program.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

And we keep doing it with upper midwest talent. And SDSU so impresses the HS 'ballers that Jacks are "scholarship maxed" a year + out. How many in the Summit know who's coming their way for 2015-16 season?

Very impressive Jacks WBB program.

Comment

Working...
        X